Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

SKY COQ posted:

Hello friends

Hello darkness my old friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Cartoon posted:

Blood in the Water!

http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/breakfast/labor-accuses-mal-brough-of-misleading/6992958

Brough was always a bold promotion and it is really hard to see him escape from this one. Well because he is as aledgedly guilty as gently caress for a start.
Andrew Elder did a good update to his blog covering Brough (yes, the rare Elder not bitching about the journalists in parliament update). Looks like Turnbull had to put him into the ministry because of Brough's support of him, but looks like that is going to backfire badly:

http://andrewelder.blogspot.com.au/2015/11/brough-enough.html

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

asio posted:

The lack of care in social support segues nicely into this argument against euthanasia:

https://www.themonthly.com.au/issue...dc245-302703509

Effectively it's a doctor saying that euthanasia is a poor euphemism for killing, and that the push to legalise reflects an attitude that caring is too hard.

That was an awful article. I have read other articles by Hitchcock and they were good, but slamming nursing homes as places where society send people to die due to the staff being negligent or not caring (I will need to send my father to one soon, but it will be for improving his health, not reducing it) and statements where "oh if the patients are in pain we'll pump them full of morphine and other high end pain killers" as if that's a get out of jail card is a load of crap.

If I am old and everything is failing in my body and I need assistance even to take a poo poo, loving pump me full of morphine and let me go.

I can't believe how callous Hitchcock was in that article.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Birb Katter posted:

13.5% swing against Libs at North Sydney by-election. Labor didn't even run a candidate.

Holy poo poo, in blue ribbon Liberal territory as well.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

LOL look at those bad states. Nuke them

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

lol drives a Commodore ute of course

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

A Queenslander, no need to explain any further

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

adamantium|wang posted:

The LNP executive has blocked Ian MacFarlane's defection to the National Party.

That confused me for a moment as I thought it was approved, but it was only his LNP branch approved his defection

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

freebooter posted:

For a greenie like me stripping coal subsidies seems like a no-brainer, but then... like, why are we giving them in the first place? How much of our electricity comes from coal? Do they actually need those subsidies to run the industry and supply us with power?

I don't want to make assumptions in either direction. It strikes me that there may be a good (if uncomfortable) reason to be subsidising an industry which should really be pretty profitable on its own.
Majority of most states (other than South Australia) use coal for electricity. Victoria heavily depends on its coal fired power stations in the Latrobe Valley.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

open24hours posted:

It makes his Twitter slap fights with Wayne Swan all the more pathetic.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/opi...8bf673c0eafd7e6

Quote this article, I'm not clicking on any News Corpse article links.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

You heard it here - Abbott has had a political "Road to Damascus" and is now a Greenie

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Zenithe posted:

You could have avoided this by living in QLD you know

Said no one, ever

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Anidav posted:

If the ALP loses an election on reduced penality rates then I don't know what hope this country has anymore.

Why? It will only be poor people who work retail or clean my workplace who will miss out, not me.

That's right.

gently caress you, got mine.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

The Federal Anti-Environment Minister has approved the Abbot Point coal port expansion:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-12-22/massive-abbot-point-coal-port-expansion-gets-federal-approval/7047380

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

How is that different to the previous PM who believes and supports a religion with a history of paedophilia?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

dr_rat posted:

Seems Wye river, separation creek and possible Lorne won't make it through the night, with all of them already evacuated and out of control bush fires running through their edges.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/victoria-fires-request-to-evacuate-lorne-20151225-gluy3p.html

Its all a bit poo poo really.

One of my friends was going to the campground at Wye River tomorrow with his family

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

So does it seem like the Liberals have quickly released the Royal Commission in Trade Unions results to hide Briggs and Brough departures from cabinet?

From what I have seen from that Royal Commission, gently caress all was found. Looks like they were going for the CFMEU and AWU, whilst ignoring the shithead Shoppies.

I have a feeling that outside of the Liberals and the business council, no one gives a poo poo about this Royal Commission or its results.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

The 1990/91 cabinet papers have been released.

Pretty well Keating hated Hawke and Hawke seemed to ignore that

• Locked thread