Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i went to state universities and not only was my entire academic career paid for, but in grad school they actually gave me a small stipend that paid my rent and food so i didn't have to work, and i had enough left over at the end to buy a nice camera and bum around europe for a while.

i also had really good dedicated professors who were there for the students, not their prestigious named positions or whatever, and met a lot of good people.

but i'm sure paying 40 grand a year for a business degree taught by people who didn't give a poo poo and surrounded by sociopathic trust fund babies is worth it if it's from the University of Rich Dickholes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

the five figgy thread is thataway

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012
pos?!? actually, my college was p deece

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 47 minutes!

Sagebrush posted:

i went to state universities and not only was my entire academic career paid for, but in grad school they actually gave me a small stipend that paid my rent and food so i didn't have to work, and i had enough left over at the end to buy a nice camera and bum around europe for a while.

i also had really good dedicated professors who were there for the students, not their prestigious named positions or whatever, and met a lot of good people.

but i'm sure paying 40 grand a year for a business degree taught by people who didn't give a poo poo and surrounded by sociopathic trust fund babies is worth it if it's from the University of Rich Dickholes.

this is the BS CS thread, not the "p deece public school" thread. Fucker!!

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

Sagebrush posted:

doesn't sound like the 'real work' you would do in a BS in CS at top 50 tho

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i don't even have a bs in cs. my degrees all end with "D"

e: much like your mam's saturday nights

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Probation

vodkat posted:

doesn't sound like the 'real work' you would do in a BS in CS at top 50 tho

This.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

bs cs

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Probation
top 50!!

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

smythe do u want to hear the bs cs remix

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Probation

triple sulk posted:

smythe do u want to hear the bs cs remix

badly

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

http://picosong.com/bvn2/

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Captain Foo posted:

follow your own advice lmao

lol i have been owned!

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Sagebrush posted:

lol 5ever at anyone who pays for grad school

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

now that's what i call real work

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Probation

Goldmine

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Probation

Dr. Honked posted:

now that's what i call real work

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Probation

lolling at this epic remix

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

Bloody posted:

lol 5ever at anyone who pays for grad school

paying for grad school more like getting ripped off for yers

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

YCSIBS, bitcth

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Mightaswell
Dec 4, 2003

Not now chief, I'm in the fuckin' zone.

vodkat posted:

literally looks like an advert for a lord of the rings ripoff free-to-play game

your bs CS awaits, my lord

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Mightaswell posted:

your bs CS awaits, my lord

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

my bs cs

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

top 50

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Probation

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Probation

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

did anyone get their bs cs today?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Probation

triple sulk posted:

did anyone get their bs cs today?

From a Top 50 Private no less.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

Smythe posted:

From a Top 50 Private no less.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

aww yeah its the yospos number

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

my question is, how do people get a bs cs not from a top 50 and still keep on living

is it even worth it?

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

carry on then posted:

my question is, how do people get a bs cs not from a top 50 and still keep on living

is it even worth it?

not if you want to do 'real work'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

and you can forget about getting those sweet 6.5 figgies too

• Locked thread