Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Abu Dave posted:

Is Stoke really doing better youre mid table just like you were under Pulis

Umm I'll have you know that Stoke are soaring in *checks the table* 10th????? what the?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Abu Dave posted:

Stoke are playing much better football and are attracting better players. They are obviously better than they were under Pulis.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
How are they still only tenth? I don't remember them having a particularly bad start to the season.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

tarbrush posted:

How are they still only tenth? I don't remember them having a particularly bad start to the season.

Their first six games were 3 losses and 3 draws

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Abu Dave posted:

did you ever watch tony pulis stoke play?

I mean it was entertaining in it's own way but the way stoke play now is loving mental.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
We had a terrible start. I think our first win came at the end of September and even then we looked unimpressive. It was a combination of a few key players being out and the new signings needing time to adjust to the premier league. It's frustrating to look at the table and think what might have been if we had started off well but we have picked up more points at this stage in the season than we ever have in the premier league. With the team having finally clicked I can't wait to see how the rest of the season plays out.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

"only" 10th is a bit unfair as there are a whole 2 points separating 10th and 5th.

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...
Stoke is sexy now but I'll miss those hilarious Rory Delap thunderbolt throw ins.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Much like the Arsenal defense did

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Lol wrong thread entirely

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

WanderingKid posted:

Stoke is sexy now but I'll miss those hilarious Rory Delap thunderbolt throw ins.

Next Barca reject that Stoke buy Coates should throw in an extra 1m if Barca will promise to teach longthrows at la Masia. Just imagine a Muniesa long throw to Shawcross to head down to Bojan.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

cravius posted:

If we could just get a midfielder to fill the hole Nzonzi left, I think a top 6 finish could be in the cards.
Stoke is not good and are being buoyed by Butland. If he was performing like an average keeper they'd be bottom 6. Hard for one player to maintain world class form all season.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

The big names and silky skills of Stoke's front four distracts from the fact that the rest of their team is not very good

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
Good thread. Lots of quality posts. Someone make a new one.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Byolante posted:

Imagine ESPN's Being Arsenal. I would watch that

lol being liverpool, i almost forgot about that

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

euroboy posted:

lol being liverpool, i almost forgot about that

The only thing funnier than the show itself was the scousers convinced it wouldn't be a shitshow before it aired because it was being made by the 30for30 people, as if somehow american sports broadcasting of soccer wasn't an absolute shitshow.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Byolante posted:

The only thing funnier than the show itself was the American Liverpool fans convinced it wouldn't be a shitshow before it aired because it was being made by the 30for30 people, as if somehow american sports broadcasting of soccer wasn't an absolute shitshow.

Fixed that for you.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Byolante posted:

The only thing funnier than the show itself was the scousers convinced it wouldn't be a shitshow before it aired because it was being made by the 30for30 people, as if somehow american sports broadcasting of soccer wasn't an absolute shitshow.

rip the finn.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Byolante posted:

Imagine ESPN's Being Arsenal. I would watch that

"In this envelope I have the names of three players who will be like new signings when they return from injury in January."

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Joke's on you, dumbass. All the injured players at Arsenal aren't coming back until March or April.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Byolante posted:

You're full of poo poo and misinformed it was made by the people behind HBO 24/7 not 30 for 30 which is in fact different directors every time making documentary films. American broadcasting of english soccer is excellent as well with every game either on tv or online and the commentary is the global feed hope this fuckin helps

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

African AIDS cum posted:

You're full of poo poo and misinformed it was made by the people behind HBO 24/7 not 30 for 30 which is in fact different directors every time making documentary films. American broadcasting of english soccer is excellent as well with every game either on tv or online and the commentary is the global feed hope this fuckin helps

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Right in the upper 90.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
I still haven't seen Being Liverpool you know. Rodgers has a portrait of himself in his house, envelopes, he yelled at Sterling on the training ground, was there anything else?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Hoops posted:

I still haven't seen Being Liverpool you know. Rodgers has a portrait of himself in his house, envelopes, he yelled at Sterling on the training ground, was there anything else?

The insane speech about doing your best for your family and your friends is very funny to me, despite the good intentions.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Right in the upper 90.

This got said to me after I scored a sick rear end goal... But I don't really know what it means. Why 90??

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

RVProfootballer posted:

This got said to me after I scored a sick rear end goal... But I don't really know what it means. Why 90??

I don't wanna know op.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

RVProfootballer posted:

The crossbar and the post together make a 90 degree angle

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Steady..

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

Suqit posted:

The crossbar and the post together make a 90 degree angle

You know what else often contains 90 degree angles, Suqit? Triangles...

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
what the gently caress is wrong with top corner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
easily confused for the best at corning

• Locked thread