Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Seriously since 2001 Mourinho has won 8 league titles, 7 domestic cups, 2 CLs and 1 europa league. Since 2001 LVG has won 2 league titles and a domestic cup, failed to qualify for a WC and finish 3rd at another WC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

How much money has been spent in total under each?

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

triple sulk posted:

How much money has been spent in total under each?

Tottenham fan spotted.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Let me see if I can help.

Mourinho = a good manager
LVG = a bad manager

actually Mourinho is a poo poo clownman and I said this three years ago and everyone told me I was wrong and gay

why we'd go for him now after he's only gone and proven me profoundly factually correct, I couldn't tell you

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

cheese posted:

I can't comprehend how Mourinho would be an upgrade over LVG. I just can't do it. LVG will finish the season as long as United don't spiral out of control.
United have failed to win 8 straight matches and scored like 0 goals in the process so almost any manager would be an upgrade as they've completely quit on the obnoxious dutch.

FullLeatherJacket posted:

actually Mourinho is a poo poo clownman and I said this three years ago and everyone told me I was wrong and gay

why we'd go for him now after he's only gone and proven me profoundly factually correct, I couldn't tell you

he won the champions league with Porto which means that he's objectively the best manager after like ron saunders and brian clough.

straight up brolic fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Dec 29, 2015

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Insanely Sikh posted:

I just want to add that Henderson played very well against Leicester and I'm excited to have him back, he's like a new signing also Flanagan has played half-an hour for the U21s so is back and like a new signing also.

I'm really excited about Flanno coming back

But not as excited as Flanno is

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007

Insanely Sikh posted:

How can TRP be dead when we have such fine and varied contributors as Corpus & Tekz

Whose Tekz and why am I being lumped with him??

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

What injury did Flanagan even have? Feels like he's been out for like two years. That goal he scored against Tottenham was one of my favourite moments in recent years :unsmith:

Also with regards to the forum it just seems there are less posters and the ones that are still here post less. Maybe it's because the Premier League is comprised of twenty bad teams and we're all fairweather supporters.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Pav :(

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Ewar Woowar posted:

What injury did Flanagan even have? Feels like he's been out for like two years. That goal he scored against Tottenham was one of my favourite moments in recent years :unsmith:

Also with regards to the forum it just seems there are less posters and the ones that are still here post less. Maybe it's because the Premier League is comprised of twenty bad teams and we're all fairweather supporters.

He had some sort of knee problem right at the start of 2014 which then required further surgery earlier this year. I think it's 19 months which is a bit of a worry.

FWIW I still see pretty much the same posters we just have a rotating series of plastics who come and go and maybe there's less of them these days but that's not really a bad thing.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
chuggo is here
chuggo is eternal
chuggo is love

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

chuggo is BACK posted:

chuggo is here
chuggo is eternal
chuggo is love

Chuggo is the in group.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
A fun little advanced stat to get this thread back on track...

Romelu Lukaku: 15 goals in the Prem
Diego Costa, Radamel Falcao, Loic Remy: 7 goals in the Prem

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Vinestalk posted:

How many appearances between those 3

pdog
May 7, 2013

Brendan Rodgers posted:

At this point you're all just pituae alt accounts.

A tackle against noted good player Roberto Soldado

Also the reddit for football is awful because it just seems to consist of people who'd belong to the Colombus Crew Ultras

pdog fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Dec 29, 2015

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Bovril Delight posted:

How many appearances between those 3

:lol: 16 starts, 16 from the bench

Shroud
May 11, 2009

Vinestalk posted:

May as well add KDB's contributions (14 appearances, 5 goals, 8 assists).

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Vinestalk posted:

:lol: 16 starts, 16 from the bench

The Jose effect

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Lol Ranieri gonna ask the team what their aspirations are

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Josh Lyman posted:

We're not at 40 points yet, it's too soon to do this imo.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

http://www.economist.com/blogs/gametheory/2015/12/competitive-balance-football

advanced stats confirms that football is alive again

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

EvilHawk posted:

He had some sort of knee problem right at the start of 2014 which then required further surgery earlier this year. I think it's 19 months which is a bit of a worry.

FWIW I still see pretty much the same posters we just have a rotating series of plastics who come and go and maybe there's less of them these days but that's not really a bad thing.

He's going to come back only to be poo poo and then get injured again just like Jay Rodriguez did for us :(

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

The only Chelsea matches I watched were the draw and loss to open the season.

The only Leicester matches I've seen are the loss and draw last two.

If Leicester don't win against Bournemouth at home... this is some bullshit.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gently caress this man city team

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
can you support someone directly above newcastle in the table next tia

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Starsnostars posted:

He's going to come back only to be poo poo and then get injured again just like Jay Rodriguez did for us :(

What happened to Rodriguez? Has he even played much recently?

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Josh Lyman posted:

more pizza!

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
they want a meat lover's (like yer mam)

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Ewar Woowar posted:

What happened to Rodriguez? Has he even played much recently?

He played the first few games of the season but was clearly off the pace, Then he got some mystery foot injury and hasn't played since.

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

:twister:

corpuscollossus posted:

Whose Tekz and why am I being lumped with him??

Take the compliment you willy

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Trp pretty much lives and dies on the contributions of the solitary posters that do not support Arsenal, Liverpool, United, City or Chelsea. God bless you, two (I think) Villa fans.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Hoops posted:

Trp pretty much lives and dies on the contributions of the solitary posters that do not support Arsenal, Liverpool, United, City or Chelsea. God bless you, two (I think) Villa fans.

We need Boro to get promoted to keep this forum alive.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
I hope Newcastle somehow best arsenal so Leicester can return to their rightful place of 1st

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

Hoops posted:

I don't know how to deal with this level of praise.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

I hope Newcastle somehow best arsenal so Leicester can return to their rightful place of 1st
Our last 10 league visits to Arsenal :

Arsenal 4-1 Newcastle
Arsenal 3-0 Newcastle
Arsenal 7-3 Newcastle
Arsenal 2-1 Newcastle
Arsenal 0-1 Newcastle
Arsenal 3-0 Newcastle
Arsenal 3-0 Newcastle
Arsenal 3-0 Newcastle
Arsenal 2-0 Newcastle
Arsenal 1-1 Newcastle

P10 W1 D1 L8 F7 A28 GD-21

So yeah, we're due.

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

tetsuo posted:

Our last 10 league visits to Arsenal :

Arsenal 4-1 Newcastle
Arsenal 3-0 Newcastle
Arsenal 7-3 Newcastle
Arsenal 2-1 Newcastle
Arsenal 0-1 Newcastle
Arsenal 3-0 Newcastle
Arsenal 3-0 Newcastle
Arsenal 3-0 Newcastle
Arsenal 2-0 Newcastle
Arsenal 1-1 Newcastle

P10 W1 D1 L8 F7 A28 GD-21

So yeah, we're due.

I can't decide if we will get smashed 4-0, or lose 1-0 to a jammy goal.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Seriously since 2001 Mourinho has won 8 league titles, 7 domestic cups, 2 CLs and 1 europa league. Since 2001 LVG has won 2 league titles and a domestic cup, failed to qualify for a WC and finish 3rd at another WC.
You are right, he is the Special One. It is no small feat to take the league champions, lose no one of importance, spend almost 60m pounds on new players and then find yourself in a relegation battle by Christmas. That kind of player management touch will serve him well with Wayne Rooney.

Pretty excited to still see Leicester up there - its been a great first half of the season.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
He got rid of the doctor

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Its halfway through the season and all the foreign fancy dans we bought over the summer seem to have got acclimatised to cold tuesdays in Stoke and are playing at their peak again. Sparky is a miracle worker to turn a Pulis team into what we have now in 3 years and roughly 10m net spend or 40m total spend i you think net spend doesn't count. So yeah You could have 1 martial or Stoke's starting 11, pretty fantastic work by sparky imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
You would have thought that Hughes would be a smart choice for Man United but I guess his time at city makes that impossible

• Locked thread