Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

JFairfax posted:

You would have thought that Hughes would be a smart choice for Man United but I guess his time at city makes that impossible

I think the quality of Hughes' work is inversely proportional to the amount of funds he gets. He was great at Blackburn, but It's not like he worked wonders at Man City once the present owners came in. I think his time at QPR also shows that he's too close to Kia Joorabchian to be trusted with transfer funds and no strong-willed Director of Football.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Byolante posted:

Its halfway through the season and all the foreign fancy dans we bought over the summer seem to have got acclimatised to cold tuesdays in Stoke and are playing at their peak again. Sparky is a miracle worker to turn a Pulis team into what we have now in 3 years and roughly 10m net spend or 40m total spend i you think net spend doesn't count. So yeah You could have 1 martial or Stoke's starting 11, pretty fantastic work by sparky imo.

Stoke have done fantastically well on the field and off it. Not only that but they're not reliant on one or two players and aren't likely to be gutted in the summer.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
If we could just get a midfielder to fill the hole Nzonzi left, I think a top 6 finish could be in the cards.

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
says Arsenal are in talks to sign Mahrez, which is of course indisputable. If Mahrez ,Vardy or even Kante/Albrighton leave in this window, I think it will seriously dent Leicester's chances. I wonder if the other clubs in the running might make advances just to mess up the dressing room.

e: wrong thread

corpuscollossus fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Dec 30, 2015

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Kompany out another 3-4 weeks, :rip:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I was really hoping that selling nzonzi and buying overrated foreign failures Shaquiri and Afellay would prove to be "Sparky's" undoing.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

sassassin posted:

I was really hoping that selling nzonzi and buying overrated foreign failures Shaquiri and Afellay would prove to be "Sparky's" undoing.

Turns out it was the clubs being shitholes who can't get the best out of their players and all they needed was some poo poo weather and a hug from a big welsh man.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Byolante posted:

Turns out it was the clubs being shitholes who can't get the best out of their players and all they needed was some poo poo weather and a hug from a big welsh man.

No better time and place to play than a cold rainy day in Stoke! :D

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Quote isn't reply isn't even what I wanted to do.

pdog
May 7, 2013
I just realised how much I hate every single ex-pro pundit. They're all terrible and should just shut up and gently caress off

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Pretty much.

It's very much a British TV thing.

Shall we hire a professional presenter and expert? Nah, just pick up whatever ex-pros became our mates when they were pros.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Dudley posted:

Pretty much.

It's very much a British TV thing.

Shall we hire a professional presenter and expert? Nah, just pick up whatever ex-pros became our mates when they were pros.

Tim Hardaway, literally retarded.

Give me Danny Higganbotham any day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pVl1eNyUTI

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Dudley posted:

Shall we hire a professional presenter and expert?

Like who?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

James Richardson :colbert:

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Brendan Rodgers will go to Man-U after the fans hound out Van Gaal and he'll win the league.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I really hope Rodgers gets some high profile PL job just for entertainment purposes.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Shrapnig posted:

Tim Hardaway, literally retarded.

He's a pundit after the stuff he said about gay people?

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

Why is 6 afraid of 7?

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

blue footed boobie posted:

I really hope Rodgers gets some high profile PL job just for entertainment purposes.

He's not a terrible manager and I hope he does well wherever he goes :unsmith:

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

Machinegunboyo posted:

Why is 6 afraid of 7?

Because they occasionally score goals OP

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Ewar Woowar posted:

He's not a terrible manager and I hope he does well wherever he goes :unsmith:

He's a fraud and a sack of poo poo and deserves to be ridiculed.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

blue footed boobie posted:

Thing is, the funniest one would be Arsenal.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Hoops posted:

I don't think that would be very funny.

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014

Machinegunboyo posted:

Why is 6 afraid of 7?

Because

Moyes
8th
9th

Cutsman
Apr 11, 2005

scissors on his fucking head

Machinegunboyo posted:

Why is 6 afraid of 7?

because seven is a registered six offender

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Hoops posted:

Imagine ESPN's Being Arsenal. I would watch that

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Actually the funniest one would be him taking over Liverpool again after Klopp gets fired.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Apparently during Moyes' season, after 19 games United had 34 points. They currently have 30.

Good job, LVG, you're doing worse than Moyes.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
He took over a horrible squad and has been working on a shoestring budget.

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
Moyes was actually really good

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Moyes also did better in the CL against better teams

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

But there's a process now, Man U are getting better, LVG is in it for the long term.

Haha

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Byolante posted:

Imagine ESPN's Being Arsenal. I would watch that

I'm imagining this being through the medium of Gunnersaurus narrating his life story to an old woman while waiting for the bus

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
good thing they didn't hire Mourinho who would have played bad football, alienated the players and only been there for a couple of years

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

chuggo is BACK posted:

good thing they didn't hire Mourinho who would have played bad football, alienated the players and only been there for a couple of years

Bet he would've spent a bunch of money too

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Mourinho's trophy winning would've alienated modern United fans.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

oh for sure, not to mention saying stupid stuff in the press and playing players out of position

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is Stoke really doing better youre mid table just like you were under Pulis

• Locked thread