Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
Ted Cruz is now the favorite to win the Republican nomination according to predict.org bets.

This is the first time Rubio has fallen off of the lead since October. The betting market had really fallen to a three way tie between Rubio, Cruz and Trump. I'd be hard pressed to come up with better percentage break downs than 33/33/33 myself (that's certainly more realistic than whatever 538 is pushing).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Sydin posted:

Am I wrong in that from a GOP Establishment perspective, a Cruz nomination is barely any different from a Trump one? I would have thought that even if Trump fizzled out, all efforts would immediately be directed at loving over Cruz.

You are not wrong and it doesn't appear to matter. For one thing the establishment does not actually have any magic power to fix elections (ask Eric Cantor) for another their efforts are still divided and many of them resent Rubio almost as much as they despise Cruz.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

If it came down to Cruz and Trump the establishment will easily pick Cruz because he is actually a Republican with the same positions as them on all the issues they care about. Trump is a goddamn mad man with wildly unorthodox positions who is completely unpredictable.

Cruz's position is not without precedent. They are a party full of pricks who can't stand each other. George W's Republican party hated McCain but eventually lined up behind him in the face of loons like Huckabee and Paul.

DynamicSloth fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Dec 21, 2015

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

Bip Roberts posted:

This was a huge story when it happened. It's why Gonzales resigned.

That's overstating it a bit, Gonzales resigned because he had thoroughly politicized the Attorney General's office and some of the evidence for that came from recovered emails.

• Locked thread