Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

If the person was acquitted, is there now permissible evidence that they were guilty? Did something new come to light since the trial?

(Someone who committed a crime -- assuming some omniscient observer can tell us that's the case -- going free because law enforcement broke the rules is a morally fine outcome. It is vastly preferable to someone being convicted in the context of missteps by the vastly-more-powerful Justice System.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I don't think dying is generally seen as a sign of guilt.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

My Imaginary GF posted:

The point isn't whether the rapist is criminally guilty in a court of law, its to build a narrative that Hillary treats rapist with a light touch. After all, she's remained married to an accused serial rapist for how many years?

Then what immoral outcome are you saying she celebrated? Are you using some other reliable definition of guilt? I don't see how doing her job as a defense attorney -- avoiding disbarment, which I'm sure would be a great narrative -- is treating someone with a light touch. (An accused and acquitted rapist, mind.)

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

botany posted:

Stop replying to MIGF you morons

Sorry, I'm new.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

News site comment sections have never been valuable for discussion. They are just a way for the site to drive up engagement, at the cost of hosting and policing toxic bullshit on their domains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Was eating lunch in a restaurant in Silicon Valley just now. Cop came in, was talking to the bartender about what "damned nonsense" the Tamir Rice grand jury result was. A little happy in my day.

• Locked thread