Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

zoux posted:

What if instead of showing people saying they remember the videos, what if they just showed the video for proof? Why aren't they showing the video itself????

Liberals are hiding the video in the same place they're hiding the Michelle Obama whitey tapes and Fiorina's baby vivisection videos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

foobardog posted:

Seriously. Like lovely people existing with in the US has been true all my life. But there's seriously a level of vindication going on now that is incredibly frightening.

Trump was funny because he was coming out saying all this terrible bullshit that Republicans truly believed, and we all assumed he would be kicked to the curb like he was for pushing the birther stuff. Instead, unless the actual voting goes incredibly differently, he's going to be accepted and embraced, and we're going to literally have a fascist candidate for President. And I'm not so certain he will lose any more.

In a general election he would lose every minority (including women) by massive landslides. He would win among white males by a few percentage points.

And despite what right-wingers want to believe, there is not a silent majority out there waiting for the One True ConservativeTM.

I hope he's the candidate. Bring the bigots out into the light of day and show the country what the Republicans really are. No more plausible deniability. Just a guy "telling it like it is."

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Mr Interweb posted:

Not sure if it was already covered, but the guy in that video himself says that Trump is full of poo poo. :lol:

But this is truly an amazing conspiracy theory, even by Republican standards. Supposedly THOUSANDS of MUSLIMS were cheering in New Jersey after 9/11, and yet we cannot find a single source corroborating this claim. One of Trump's idiot advisers tried to defend him by saying that we didn't have camera phones at the time (We had tons of footage of 9/11 but whatever) Now even if that was the case, if what Trump is claiming is in fact correct, presumably he didn't see these people celebrate up close and personal. He says he saw it on T.V. or whatever. So if that's the case, that means someone somewhere must have recorded such a thing, so why is that footage not been discovered yet?

But here's the biggest hole in Trump's claim. So again, supposedly THOUSANDS AND THOUSAND OF MUSLIMS were celebrating after 9/11 in New Jersey, and for some strange inexplicable reason, every single major right-wing, conservative, pro-Republican news outlet in the entire country decided to ignore it?

Man, the liberal media runs loving deep, don't it?

"You just don't understand how these people are. They hate our freedom." *looks at you with pity, shakes head sadly*

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Woah, could you imagine if Obama manipulated intel for political reasons? It'd be like what every previous president did, but I'm angry when he does it for some reason.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

When GWB lied about a war, it cost millions of lives. Obama underselling ISIS to the American public hardly rises to the same level.

And then it raises the question of what we should've done differently. Bombing the hell out of ISIS sounds good now, but a major bombing campaign in Iraq/Syria in 2012 wouldn't have been supported by a majority of Americans on the left or right wing.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

TheDisreputableDog posted:

Cite that he knowingly lied please

George W. Bush posted:

We found the weapons of mass destruction. We found biological laboratories. You remember when Colin Powell stood up in front of the world, and he said, Iraq has got laboratories, mobile labs to build biological weapons. They're illegal. They're against the United Nations resolutions, and we've so far discovered two. And we'll find more weapons as time goes on. But for those who say we haven't found the banned manufacturing devices or banned weapons, they're wrong, we found them.

Or maybe he bumbled into a war, Mr. Magoo style. Tripped and fell, said "oh deary me" and killed a million Iraqi civilians.

But of course unless I can find a quote from W himself saying "I totally lied like the lying liar I am" you'll just say we can't really know that the Bush admin wasn't just outright incompetent.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

toanoradian posted:

It's somehow sad that a tragedy like this will be 'forgotten' 6 months on.

There will be at least five more national tragedies between then and now.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

I work in a DA's office. You see the worst of humanity day in and day out. So yeah, it gets easy to joke around with your coworkers with tragedy staring you in the face. You finish entering the case details of the two year old who got his head crushed by his drunk angry father and then you ask your coworker what they're bringin to the Christmas party next week.

It's similar to what you see with nurses or morticians or anyone else in a depressing line of work.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

The Onion does it again:

http://www.theonion.com/article/will-be-end-trumps-campaign-says-increasingly-nerv-52002

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Trabisnikof posted:

Do you believe in Climate Change? What issues do you care about?

You're arguing with a copy/paste from reddit.

I refuse to believe that's a real person, though.

• Locked thread