Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

Jonas Albrecht posted:

So what's the odds on December being the month that Trump deflates?

I think if it's going to happen, it'll happen now. It seems like the other GOP candidates are bringing out everything they have to defeat Trump, but if he makes it through Iowa and New Hampshire unscathed I think he'll be the nominee for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

I dunno, I'd give them the benefit of the doubt and say the image is meant to emphasize Parks starting from the back of the bus but then moving forward along the arrow. The emphasis is on the physically moving forward part, which is what the anniversary is all about. I don't think it's as bad as you all are making it out to be.

Yeah, these were my thoughts exactly.

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

Good god. How does stuff like this happen? And can the victims of this have their cases retried / sue the officers involved?

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

Nonsense posted:

This was always a loving dumb reason. It was extremely obvious this was something more, when the first pipe bomb was found, and his loving wife was shooting dudes with him.

Isn't "snapped and shot up the place and brought pipe bombs" pretty much exactly what happened at Columbine? The fact that the suspects worked at the place for years, and their choice of a target with very little symbolic value make me think that this was probably a Columbine-like politically-unmotivated shooting, and not an ISIS attack or whatever.

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

So on a slightly different topic, apparently the primaries this year aren't scheduled to start until February. Why is that? IIRC in 2012 they started in the first or second week of February.

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Debate & Discussion: The Problem Attic > USPOL Dec: Asked what prompted it, Mr. Trump said, "death"

Please, please make this thread title happen.

This needs to happen. Also, :wow: at Trump's statement. It's deeply unnerving to me that this man is the frontrunner of one of the two major political parties, and that if he gets the nomination he is just one scandal / disaster / recession away from taking the presidency.

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Did Sonic & Knuckles not cost just as much as Sonic 3?

Hey now, because of lock-on shenanigans Sonic & Knuckles probably has more content than the rest of all Sega Genesis games combined!

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

Logikv9 posted:

Gravity: Doesn't exist.

This but unironically; what we perceive as the "force" of gravity is just the warping of spacetime by mass.

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

foobardog posted:

Listen you, one word about centrifugal forces, and we'll have to fight.The whole centrifugal/centripetal forces is why no one trusts scientists.

I'm getting pretty close to getting my PhD in physics and I still can never remember which is which.

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

Kasich was already my favorite Republican candidate, and his use of actual Cyrillic instead of the usual faux-Cyrillic just cements this.

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

I actually agree with TheDisreputableDog here-- the US government should kill its citizens only if they pose an immediate threat (i.e. a gunman shooting people at a mall), and even then only as a last resort. If the US had sufficient evidence on al-Awlaki to convict him of a crime, they should have worked with the Yemeni government (who was also after him) to arrest him, and then either tried him in the US or let the Yemenis deal with him. Your right to a trial doesn't go away just because the government suspects that you are a member of a terrorist organization.

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

Its okay, better to capture them, torture them in Black facilities in other countries regardless of guilt or innocence, and then fly them to a prison where they have no hope of trial.

Actually I don't think we should do that either.

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

I know, it was rhetorical and not aimed at you, sorry.

No worries, it's hard to tell sometimes.

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

The Iron Rose posted:

oh good we're talking about drones again I get to repost my standard "the extrajudicial argument is total bullshit"

This is a really good post. Thanks.

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

MaxxBot posted:

I have good news and bad news, the good news is that if you were curious about the inner working of the Kathryn Knott trial it's pretty much all out in the open now.

https://www.reddit.com/r/philadelphia/comments/3xdp7b/i_was_juror_4_on_the_kathryn_knott_trial_ama/

The bad news is that because of this she might get off. From what it sounds they thought she did it and wanted to convict on the more serious charges but one juror hosed everything up, in addition to this juror possibly further loving things up.

The OP got taken down. What did it say?

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

The other thing that still rubs me the wrong way is that we were clearly at war with the Confederacy (at least to my knowledge--feel free to correct this if I am wrong), whereas the battle lines in The War Against Terrorism are a lot murkier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Guys, enough of the serious political talk, let's get back to making fun of people. Remember those dumbass republicans who wanted to bomb Agrabah? Well, turns out democrats are just as loving stupid...but nice! That's a plus, I guess.

Turns out 44% of dumb motherfuckers polled would accept refugees from Agrabah. Even better, 66% of democrats age 18-34 would accept. 18-34 yr olds (which I'm of), you are some dumb shits!

If I had forgotten that Agrabah was fictional, I probably would have answered yes. A refugee is a refugee; I don't really care where they're from.

• Locked thread