FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Mr Interweb posted:

Holy poo poo, this was still on? I thought it ended 15 years ago. What time slot has it been airing?
The linked article says that as of late the show was not airing that much. I had no idea it was still going either.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Dems and GOP talks have resulted in a $300 billion bill that injects some badly needed money into the highway system that is crumbling, but takes some money out of the Fed and the Strategic Petroleum Reserve in order to do it. A deal was also reached to reopen the Ex/Im Bank.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/02/u...v=top-news&_r=0

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Well I'm really glad I visited that building a month ago before they ruined it with what I assume will be an awful statue of a living war criminal. It's a little strange that they are putting a living person in there either, because from what I understand everyone else has to be dead to get a statue. Granted Cheney is dead on the inside....

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

PhazonLink posted:

Is Liz the daughter that hates gays? Like her own sister?
Yes, but more importantly she said some pretty bad things about Enzi and primaried him before she backed off.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Erick Son of Erick is a literal child

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I don't know what's more depressing....that Scalia is making decisions that effect 350 million people with views like his, or that he's almost certainly going to end up on the winning side here, or even worse, writing for the majority. Keep in mind that Justice Kagan had to recuse herself from this case since she was still the Solicitor General at the time.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Hollismason posted:

Christ, Trump just consumes all.
All of the headline articles on NYT.com are Trump related right now

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

JT Jag posted:

That's not true.

One is about Antonin Scalia's blatantly racist remarks and one is about the terror watch list gun thing.

The other five or so though, yeah
It's been like this since basically July, which is crazy

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

This is probably just kabuki theatre aimed at frightening the children, but the GOP Hivemind is now battening down the hatches for a Brokered Convention:: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/gop-preparing-for-contested-convention/2015/12/10/d72574bc-9f73-11e5-8728-1af6af208198_story.html
I will take at least a 1976 GOP convention level of mess.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Might as well shut down The Onion now, real life is outperforming them

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I guess House Republicans are trying to unperson John Boehner by stripping him of all perks he is entitled to as a prior Speaker of the House :lol:
This feels like Paul Ryan's eventual fate after the Tea Party turns on him when he has to keep the government running.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Accretionist posted:

Another DA providing cover for a ridiculous shooting.

Article: DA plays dash cam video in accidental shooting; no charges will be filed
From: Action News Now
Date: December 10, 2015

Watch the shooting (1:03) before reading the DA's statement, which is quoted below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmK8Ify3vi8&t=20s

What happened here is something went wrong.

*ends investigation*
*deliberately points gun at suspect, fires*

"I don't understand, how do guns work????"

They aren't even acknowledging the fact that the officer has no reaction whatsoever when the gun discharges. If it was an accident you would have to assume he wouldn't continue approaching the guy like a Terminator.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Nice touch there with the German Koran to make it even more foreign sounding

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Apparently in San Diego a group of Sikh Chargers fans were harassed by security and had their car searched by a police dog because, of course, they were wearing turbans. They were initially denied access to the stadium as well before they were eventually let in, but not before a security person told them not to come back next time wearing the turbans.

This is America in 2015 folks.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Vice talked to one of the parents of a victim of the Sandy Hook Massacre and dove into the tire-fire that is the Sandy Hook Truther Movement.

http://www.vice.com/read/sandy-hook-truthers-what-kind-of-person-calls-a-mass-shooting-a-hoax

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

JT Jag posted:

Rahm doesn't win votes or pull a donorbase unique to Hillary's, so there's a zero percent chance at all that he's on the ticket

And he infamously didn't play nice with everyone else as Chief of Staff so if he does end up in the cabinet it'll be off to the side running his own department. I don't think it's likely and wouldn't like it but he's in the Clinton circle of friends so there's a non-zero chance of it happening.
I find it hard to believe Clinton is going to involve herself in the mess that is his current administration in Chicago by bringing him onboard.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

JT Jag posted:

I don't think she will either, but I also believe there's a possibility of it.
I see a higher chance he resigns as mayor than the Clintons bring him into their campaign. He's rapidly becoming toxic out there, since it's pretty clear that the shooting tape of that kid was not released until after he won re-election.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Luigi Thirty posted:

So a "privacy" group is trying to get a ballot measure on the California ballot in 2016 that would let you sue both businesses and people for "violating your privacy" by making you afraid to use the bathroom because there's a transgender person in there. Effectively a $4,000 bounty on reporting people using the "wrong" bathroom.
This is the same garbage they tried to pass down here in FL. Exact same thing.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Can his board of directors kick him out already

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

This is what happens when you mess with Wu Tang Financial

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Look all I'm saying is that he got arrested a day after making threats to Wu Tang. This is the inevitable result.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Spun Dog posted:

Regarding the budget omnibus, is line item veto still a thing? I remember the last Bush used to just scratch out parts of bills he didn't like before he signed them. Could that happen with this if there is something ridiculously egregious? I'm not saying it's a good practice, but I haven't heard anything about it happening since the last administration.
It went to SCOTUS and was struck down. Which is funny because if I remember correctly the 1990s Republican Congress gave Clinton that power.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The entire idea was ridiculous because it clearly gives the Executive way too much authority on what he can change, and Congress has no recourse really.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Maarek posted:

*into lapel*
Comrade Paul has been compromised, execute plan RED RYAN.
That sort of thing started as soon as Ryan's name came up for Speaker

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

You may remember a story in 2013 about a rich white kid in Texas who managed to get only probation after killing four and severely injuring three other people (one paralyzed) in a drunken car wreck. The story went viral because his attorney successfully argued to the judge that he was suffering from 'affluenza' (meaning because of his wealth he didn't understand the severity of his actions).

Well, that kid has apparently violated his probation by drinking at a party and is now on the run, and the US Marshals believe he's attempting to flee the country. Presumably he's trying to get into Mexico if he isn't there already.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...campaign=buffer

So the good news is that when the Marshals eventually find this kid he's going away for awhile.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

So should we get to the inevitable acquittal now, or....

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

No he's going to jail for this.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Gravel Gravy posted:

"it was a science project"
:smug:
Unless you're brown in which case they will haul you to jail

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Massasoit posted:

What happened to judges sentencing people into the military?

or am I just making that up
That sounds as outdated as blood tests before getting married or whatever it was

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

"No you see SEC, it was totally an act! I got you good!"

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

baw posted:

Of course if your friend doesn't have Invisible Bridge then that's the priority
This, just for a good example of how things really haven't changed at all in 40 years

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

My wife has that same problem at her school. They have gotten strict about throwing food away when she used to be able to give the meals away to kids. This is at a school for mostly black and Hispanic kids that are extremely poor.

Americain2015.txt

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The meals they give out now are very small, and a lot of times the kids were taking them home for dinner

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I've heard of some stores throwing other trash in with the old food to ruin it

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Yeah the one thing I don't agree with at all is his I/P position, but good luck finding any American politician in a major position of authority who isn't in lockstep with AIPAC.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I guess their might be minute differences, but in the end I don't see a substantial difference.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Radbot posted:

Merry Christmas you filthy animals.
Except Dick Cheney

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Goons love to cut off their noses to spite their face, yes

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Luigi Thirty posted:

Another mosque is on fire in Texas.

http://abc13.com/1136106/
Nope, nothing to see here folks, back to your eggnog

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

ID would have been better had they stuck with the plot involving how the Federation is altered due to the destruction of Vulcan and a Starfleet admiral believing that they had to arm for future wars, instead of the ham-fisted rehash of Wrath of Khan without the emotional impact.

  • Locked thread