Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Obama will be blamed for anything bad happening for the next 4-8 years if a Republican gets into the White House.

President Rubio privatized my social security and started a war with Russia! OBAMA :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I can't wait for a Muslim president :unsmith: they will be more awesome than the JESUS TOLD ME TO gently caress REFUGEES shills and it will kill off the remaining freeper population from suicide/rage-induced strokes.

Too bad it won't happen for a long time. :smith:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Rahm will probably just re-use his previous apology imo

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Doctor Butts posted:

I loving hate that poo poo.

Like, I don't think its a big deal to kind of dismiss some of the bullshit salon.com, huffingtonpost.com, or whoever has put out there sometimes, but when you can post a few articles on something that all prove the same loving thing and these assholes still dismiss it? gently caress that.

Where the gently caress is the critical thinking that hmmm maybe the source of information that handwaves everything else on the face of the god drat planet as lying maybe maybe isn't being very loving truthful in the first place?

I can't tell you how many times I up and roll my loving eyes at the dumb poo poo I've read on these liberal websites. But you know what? I don't walk away from it still thinking that everyone else is the liar.

I get what you're feeling. It's this whole suspicious mentality that creates in their minds a "us vs them" mentality. Suddenly, despite the fact that Obama hasn't taken away my guns and Syrian Refugee terrorist shiara law hasn't implemented cap-and-trade in America, you just know they will and nothing will change your mind. The Freepers thread is a good containment ground to see how these people act when their in their safe space.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Reddit has been bad for much longer than that.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Radbot posted:

I'm ashamed to admit I've been active on Reddit for five years or so, and I can definitely say it hasn't always been this bad.

Maybe not as bad, but bad. Reddit always had that awful population of awful people, for the large part holed-up in their fringe subreddits. That stuff constantly leaked out into the more mainstream subreddits and plenty of redditors found themselves unironically agreeing with racially charged posts.

I don't think Reddit started off bad or just became awful suddenly, but it's been going downhill at a constant pace ever since it was created. It's just the nature of the site. Remember that the website was the fostering ground for the "brogressive"-types (pretend I linked to the SA post about it here).

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
islamic terrorism is to terrorism as airplane crashes are to transportation deaths - a bad analogy

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw guns forever. We begin confiscating in five minutes.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Is it hard to hate everything so much?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

nachos posted:

I hope the GOP doesn't step in and tell Bush to gently caress off, please let this carpet bomb happen

We've been wrong this whole time. Trump isn't the one to destroy the GOP, it's Bush. :ohdear:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

zoux posted:

Also, don't.

But what if this ISIS Czar betrays us, takes over ISIS, and then exacts revenge on the United States?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Why does the Western Hemisphere get planes and the Eastern Hemisphere get guns? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

You can't defend your home and your family with a plane.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
President Cruz will eliminate the three threats to America: ISIS, Russia, and ISIS.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

SedanChair posted:

That's a Gadsen flag, isn't it

No, it's a false flag.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Cruz has no issues with making GBS threads on Trump, and I'm sure he's itching to debate/fight him. Unfortunately getting attacked by Trump is the best way to gather attention to yourself, which is what the smart candidates left (Rubio/Cruz) are trying to avoid.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Modern Marvels is amazing and I will fight whomever says otherwise. :argh:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Combed Thunderclap posted:

Oh god what will Fiorina make up to get attention this time :suicide:

More seriously, how the gently caress has the RNC not kicked out the bit players already by leaning on the networks, keeping the debate field this broad for this long makes for horrible debates and a confused party base.

...I still can't wait to watch the insanity, natch :getin:

I dare Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama to watch these tapes, watch a helpless American defending his home and freedom, his heart beating, his sweat flowing, while someone says, 'We have to take his guns".

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

On Terra Firma posted:

A small town in North Carolina rejected solar power for a totally rational reason.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...n-a6771526.html

Retired science teacher. My loving god. :suicide:

One of the most basic laws in the universe is the Second Law of Thermodynamics. This states that as time goes by, entropy in an environment will increase. Evolution argues differently against a law that is accepted EVERYWHERE BY EVERYONE. Evolution says that we started out simple, and over time became more complex. That just isn't possible: UNLESS there is a giant outside source of energy supplying the Earth with huge amounts of energy. If there were such a source, scientists would certainly know about it.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Carrasco posted:

I guess you can't accept solar power if you don't accept the sun.

Gravity: Doesn't exist. If items of mass had any impact of others, then mountains should have people orbiting them. Or the space shuttle in space should have the astronauts orbiting it. Of course, that's just the tip of the gravity myth. Think about it. Scientists want us to believe that the sun has a gravitation pull strong enough to keep a planet like neptune or pluto in orbit, but then it's not strong enough to keep the moon in orbit? Why is that? What I believe is going on here is this: These objects in space have yet to receive mans touch, and thus have no sin to weigh them down. This isn't the case for earth, where we see the impact of transfered sin to material objects. The more sin, the heavier something is.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Cruz's moderation is the worst thing he could've done. I look forward to Rubio 2016.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

ShutteredIn posted:

Um. What the hell?

FBI is in cahoots with conservatives :argh:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
This only makes it worse, now you have to worry about Shadow Muslims that don't even post to Facebook :beck:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Doctor Butts posted:

I still think the best explanation is a couple of extremist Muslims might have been planning something bigger, but got so pissed of at a holiday party they decided to shoot that up instead.

I mean, in that vein: still workplace violence.

Are you saying we should increase hate and violence towards Muslims so we can cause them to prematurely attack? :smug:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
The only people that hate Cruz more than the Democrats are the Republicans.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Mulva posted:

I'm sure the NRA will be calling to her defense any time!

I wouldn't be surprised if they did, they represent manufacturers :ssh:

If everybody buys guns, then everybody will be forced to buy more guns than the other guy! It's like an arms race, but with your neighbors.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I am fully expecting people to pin this campaign data lockout on Clinton's tricky lying ways after Sanders loses.

She was feeling the Bern and she used underhanded tricks to stop us! :shillary: :argh:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Bernie supporters love victimizing themselves because it gives them a rationale on why they are losing. Because obviously the reason isn't because the majority of voters wanted Clinton.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

GalacticAcid posted:

Is Paul Ryan now the most powerful bearded American of the twenty-first century?

Did one of the big hot-air radio sources call his beard Islamic, or was it just the Brietbart comment section?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Hoping that further fallout between Sanders and the DNC doesn't lead to more Sanders supporters not voting straight ticket Dem in the general.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Joementum posted:

Why would that matter?

Obviously it was a Clinton plant.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
You can't alienate the Sanders campaign! You will be insulting the Sanders supporters! They'll vote GOP out of spite!

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
It's true, voters are dumb and have short memories.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I too read Game Change and how awful the Hillary campaign was behind the scenes. Doesn't change the fact that this election the Bernie supporters are all circlejerking off in their own bubble.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

McAlister posted:

Sorry for back posting but I noticed an interesting pattern of verbiage in the sanders data theft kerfuffel and I just got a campaign email from Bernie this morning and the two together are itching at me.

When complaining about stuff people did immediately after the theft was discovered, from routine contract enforcement to tweets, people who don't like Hillary would attribute the actions to her personally and talk about "Hillary made a mistake!" When talking about the more formal official responses that came later and did what they wanted they attribute that to her campaign apparatus and talk about it "saving her".

Logically, one would think that the immediate reactions were the ones beyond leadership control and the later ones due to it - which is the exact inverse of the narrative being pushed.

For example, I would not attribute the immediate reaction of Bernie staffers of stealing data upon discovering a permissions glitch to Bernie personally as a four hour window is insufficient time to get his buy in. Trying to bluster/sue his way through it, however, is reasonably attributed to Bernie. The campaign email I just got from him I also assume he reviewed and approved.

It's full of bald faced lies ... Literally the lies that just got debunked up thread. I wouldn't know they were lies if I hadn't read this thread first but I went from one to the other. And it begins, I poo poo you not, with "here's the truth:"

It's like reading a Limbaugh snippet in the right wing media thread. I mean, the facts are out. The lies have been documented. Even a cursory Google outs this as weapons grade balognium. So we need to cultivate distrust of any other media source. They lie to you! We are telling you the truth!
Campaign emails are generally the worst but this is just designed to get their own base riled up. They already know they are the underdogs, but they were so close to beating :shillary: that they pulled dirty tricks on us to stop our ascent!

While the language is harmful, the fallout will be contained amongst only the most fervent of Bernie fans in the long run.

Also just repeating, Bernie has awful taste in campaign staff. It's almost so bad you could use it as a con against a Bernie Presidency.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

PUGGERNAUT posted:

Now I want kimchi.

Has anyone ever had kimchi fried rice? There's a restaurant within walking distance of my apartment that makes it, and I've never tried it, but I'm very curious...

It is the best thing.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Bernie's campaign literally can do nothing wrong.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Basically, if Obama could run for a third term he'd win easily.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Epic High Five posted:

So how is it that the Dems talking about Trump is apparently a win for Trump, but entire GOP debates devoted to hand-wringing about Hillary aren't reported as huge victories for Hillary?
Trump thrives on any attention at all while Hillary does not.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

computer parts posted:

I dunno, we do it with Free Republic for some reason.

It isn't indicative of Sanders supporters overall, but indicative of the most hardcore, most entertaining Sanders supporters.

There's a good portion of his supporters that are just supporting a candidate they like. Then there's a portion that really really likes him and will hate anybody in his way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

ElrondHubbard posted:

Not that DWS isn't a first class moron, but aren't those debate numbers pretty much expected considering the democratic primary is boring as hell compared to the republican hotness and no one is really expecting anything exciting to happen considering Hillary has things in the bag? Also, didn't the republicans have a similar drop-off between the first and second debate?

Viewership dropped from 24 million in the first debate to 23 million the second debate.

• Locked thread