Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie
Things are starting to get a bit more tense between Texas' Health & Human Services Commission and the non-profit sector. Last week, HHS started requesting assurances from various non-profits that they won't be serving Syrians and threatening lawsuits and funding blocks if they do.

In one specific instance, HHS sent a letter to the International Rescue Committee (IRC) demanding assurances by Monday, 11/30, that they were going to comply with Abbott's orders. Austin has responded to the treats by dismissing a resolution to stand with Abbott on the issue and publicly announcing that it will accept all refugees.

quote:

Caritas Executive Director Jo Kathryn Quinn was blunt. “If you are a terrorist and you are trying to get into this country and you want to come through using the refugee system, you’re not a very smart terrorist,” said Quinn. “Terrorists are not coming through the refugee process. The people running from terrorists are coming through the refugee process.”

I'm really curious to know what the federal response would be if Abbott actually starts following through on his threats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie
CAIR News Conference is starting up - http://abcnews.go.com/Live

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie

Hollismason posted:

Feed is still live or has this not started.

hasn't started; sorry, I thought it was about to, but we're still waiting around.

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie
I didn't see this posted yet, but the field continues to write its own attack ads.

Ben Carson posted:

If people actually listened to what I have been saying, they will see that it makes perfectly good sense,” the candidate insisted. “I believe that the American people are smart enough to recognize that we’re in a very different time right now, and it’s not necessarily the one who shouts the loudest, it’s not necessarily the one who claims to have all this great experience.”

“The fact of the matter is, there’s nobody running who has a great deal of international experience except for Hillary Clinton,” he continued. “And you see where that has led.”

“So that’s not necessarily the thing that has to count, you have to look at a person’s lifetime experiences.”

And yeah, there's video.

Edit: Sorry, thought I was posting in the GOP thread.

discoukulele fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Dec 7, 2015

• Locked thread