Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
So is there a police scanner feed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Fried Chicken posted:

Indianapolis has updated about the situation at the hospital, not an active shooter, now someone with a gun on the premises related to a robbery
Oh good I thought for a moment this situation might be getting out of hand.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Fried Chicken posted:

I can't even fathom how bad things will get if (when) there is another high profile attack on American soil. If ISIS hit us now this entire country will go straight loving insane.
I can fathom exactly how bad things will get: President Trump.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Scanner says witness identified one shooter as a Middle Eastern man with a long beard.

Welp. It's been a good run, guys.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Luigi Thirty posted:

A single witness report doesn't confirm anything.
I'm a pessimist.

pathetic little tramp posted:

Or...

Inland Regional Services

A very dumb sovereign citizen.
That would actually kinda be funny, in the sort of way that Elliot Rodger was.

The humiliating failure part, I mean.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

zoux posted:

Why would radical Muslim terrorists attack a disabled services center?

It wasn't the police saying it, it was the police repeating a witness description.

And gently caress it wasn't even the police saying it, it's a poster saying that he heard the police say they heard someone say it was a guy with a beard.
I'm listening to the scanner myself for what it's worth.

You can too! http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/12443/web

It's like some kinda hosed up fireside chat.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Gravel Gravy posted:

Oh there's a poster, there's a poster, there's a poster that said they heard from thenews the police from the witness from San Bernadino the suspect had a beard.

There's a poster that said they heard from the news the police from the witness from San Bernadino the suspect had a beard.

Oh there's a poster, there's a poster.
Thank you.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Radbot posted:

It's so funny how it went from "white shooter" to "let's discuss why ISIS does this" within two pages based on fourth hand hearsay
I don't regret what I've done.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Gravel Gravy posted:

Cool now we'll be guaranteed another sincere and heartfelt Obama speech that will likely have no effect on anything.
Maybe this'll all stop if he just swears in one of them. Like there's a national conspiracy of people who really want to see Obama just loving lose it, and this is their plan.

It's more comforting than the alternative.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

JT Jag posted:

Key and Peele ended because Obama needs to start employing Luther the Anger Translator irl
He already did though.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I love you guys.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

zoux posted:

Per this DMN reporter.

IRC said the first Syrian refugees are due in Dallas on Friday.
Because if we've learned anything from never-ending gun violence, it's that brown people can't be trusted.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

fknlo posted:

I thought the mall thing was already confirmed as unrelated?
That was a different mall shooting with just one guy, I thought.

okay wait a minute this is ridiculous.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Luigi Thirty posted:

There was an armed robbery in Illinois, not a mass shooting.
Right, and the thing at the hospital was Indianapolis.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

fknlo posted:

If those cops in that video were headed to a new spot they sure as poo poo weren't in any kind of rush.
Safety first.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
BEARCAT INCOMING.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
So there's one guy in the van, right? Nobody slipped away?

Also if that was them at the mall and they didn't kill anyone there then that means the IRC was a specific target and they didn't want to shoot anyone else.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

AlternateNu posted:

Local news is saying there's no confirmation this chase/shooting has anything to do with the earlier shooting.
Witnesses at the earlier shooting mentioned 3 guys with long guns fleeing in a black SUV soooooo...

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
The final timeline for this day is going to be ridiculous.
No shots fired at Amazon apparently, so I guess that and the mall was them passing through, which means that small child's okay.

The timeline for this day is going to be insane, but not as insane as whatever the motive for this turns out to be.

SpiderHyphenMan fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Dec 3, 2015

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
So there was no guy in the van?

DOMESTIC TERRORISM SHOUT OUT ON KABC NEWS.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

sparatuvs posted:

there was, they dragged him out with a meat hook no joke.
...but that's all three, isn't it?

Who are they looking for right now?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Aerox posted:

KTLA reported a bit ago that the police had a separate home surrounded and that they were concerned that there was at least a fourth person who had served as a getaway driver.

A comment was made that it was surprising how quickly the three gunmen were able to leap into a car and get away which led to speculation there may have been additional people aiding in transport.
Okay seriously was there gold under this center for disabled children??? Because that's the only possible motive I've got.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Joementum posted:

So they managed to find a resident of San Bernardino to interview.
Jesus dude were you born there or something?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
KABC talking about a missing third suspect so I keep thinking I'm missing something.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

JT Jag posted:

So the third suspect that was supposedly in custody might not the actual third suspect, and I guess the third guy might be at large?
That's apparently it, which is weird, considering the shooters were wearing military-style gear.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
News says "at least one suspect hit." But we saw two bodies. So what the gently caress.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
"Terrorists. As we call them in the United States"

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
REGULAR WHITE DUDE.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Buy Dwight a beer.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Black witness says driver of car "Looked like a regular white dude to me" and described him as "A terrorist, y'know, as we call them in the United States"

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
And here I thought this day couldn't get shittier.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

fknlo posted:

per the LA Times
This has made less and less sense as it goes along.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

My Imaginary GF posted:

As usual, you're right JT Jag: People are dead, and if this wasn't terrorism which can be blamed on Obama's cherrypicking of intelligence, then now is not the time to discuss the events.
More like My Incorrigible GF

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Jesus gently caress this is awful.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

JT Jag posted:

Female suspect confirmed.
It's like they just decided to do a mass shooting as different as possible from all the other mass shootings, like as an artistic statement on the monotony of one white dude shooting ten people in America.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

sparatuvs posted:

there's a bomb in the house.
Um wait what?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Joementum posted:

From the information we have, most likely scenario is a standard (and sad there's a "standard" here) workplace shooting. That said, the available information is quite sketchy.
So two of this guy's buddies just joined him on this?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Riosan posted:

Didn't the Sandy Hook shooter's brother get named first? And have his Facebook raided etc?
The shooter stole his brother's ID and had it on him, leading to news media fuckers immediately naming him.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Black Baby Goku posted:

California’s gun laws are rated A- by the Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence. Tied for the top toughest gun laws with 5 other liberal states.
Federalize gun control.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Please let this go to trial. I don't ask for much. But let this go to trial. They're both alive. Let each have their time in court as equal citizens.

• Locked thread