Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DaiJiaTeng
Oct 26, 2010

Bastard Tetris posted:

Have you met many republican voters? It's all a myth, once government gets out of the way we'll all live on Galt's Gulch!

Sure we'll be slav-uh, contracted workers, but it'll be great!

Sadly not all believe this. I grew up in Lake Jackson Texas (Ron Pauls district, to give you an idea of what kind of people we are talking about). There was a community theater there and pretty much that whole community all knew each other, so even in middle school and high school I had a lot of political discussions with adults when hanging out in the green room.

One guy I had known for years, mid-thirties, always seemed like a down to earth guy, agreed that we were destroying the earth and that it would probably go to poo poo soon, but didn't believe in trying to enact environmental policies. He said when all our resources are gone, they are gone and that's it for us.

The thing that makes me angry to this day is that he had an infant daughter, still didn't want to do poo poo. That kind of attitude is even worse than the deniers in my opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread