Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Research also isn't a goddamn tech tree. We have no idea what seemingly useless research may pay dividends later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

TheDisreputableDog posted:

Conservative ideology to blame for another mass shooting.

Hey look your not wrong for once.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Toph Bei Fong posted:

It doesn't surprise me at all that Cruz is a debate team guy. I dealt with little shits like him all the time in Model UN.

A favored tactic was for our B-team, the one I was on, to drown out their talking by drawing circles on paper very loudly whenever these guys started going on, thus giving our A-team a better chance to push policy through. Actually shouting over them or whispering loudly would have been out of turn, but just taking notes wasn't illegal, you see. It didn't always work, but watching them get irritated that no one was paying attention due to the grind of the pencil echoing through the wooden table, then lose their carefully memorized point, then run out of time... Somehow none of the other teams ever did this, nor was our school ever penalized. Obviously this isn't something that Inskeep can do. It's more akin to a morning DJ playing fart noises and flushing toilets over their guest -- which, admittedly, would be kind of awesome for NPR to do with a completely straight face, as if they didn't know what was happening.

But yeah, all of Cruz's rehearsed mannerisms, the way he moves his hands, the completely memorized scenes from movies and TV shows, the insistence that he is never wrong because he is correct in this specific individual case that he is talking about... He's just grown into his father's oversized suit jacket.

I gotta admit I kinda like the tactic in how innovative it is.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Evil Fluffy posted:

Going to be interesting in ~20 years when millennials have kids all grown up so we can see if they do a "you're 18 GTFO" or double down on letting the kids stay until ready to move out.

Assuming we aren't in a financially ruined hellscape where you need to have multiple generations under one roof just to have enough money company scrip to keep the bills paid.

Further evidence that the USSR got the last laugh.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

this_is_hard posted:

this is a garbage fuckin article, lmbo

Most of the beginning is but it does make some good points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

berzerker posted:

There are about a billion PhDs each year willing to give their efforts to generating valuable, interesting content if the History Channel actually gave a poo poo. There are infinite awesome historical stories out there to be told.

Check out Extra History! they just completed a series about John Snow's efforts to curb the London cholera outbreak.

• Locked thread