Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

DeathSandwich posted:

You know, I was thinking about Carson talking about the Pyramids being used for grain storage. Isn't that what they did in the Civilization games? It'd be hilarious if Carson got his knowledge of ancient wonders of the world from a videogame.

That particular misapprehension has been going around for centuries at least, hasn't it?

quote:

“I read his book, and I was just awed,” Mike says, referring to “Gifted Hands,” Carson’s book about his rise from impoverished child to world-famous brain surgeon, in which he describes a God who answered his every prayer, no matter how urgent or mundane — from taking away his anger to giving him exam answers to locating his passport. “He believes there’s a higher power.”

“He has to have a higher power to do what he does,” says Toni, who saw the movie version on a Christian TV channel. “Anybody would know that.”

Is it just me or does Ben Carson's god sound an awful lot like a supernatural Smithers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread