Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Crain posted:

What is dryvying?

http://dryvyng.com/

not to be confused with

http://dryving.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

My Imaginary GF posted:

Still too high. Childcare tax credit incentivizes parents to abandon their duties to their family, and rewards single parents.

I agree that we should actually increase funding for abortion services via Planned Parenthood and raise the minimum wage to allow more families to be maintained on the income of single earners.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Joementum posted:

Yeah, IIRC they were not happy that he tried to enforce a deal to extract taxes on gas and tobacco sales. The banner might not be there any more, I haven't been in a few years.

Can you link to any sources? I just did some cursory poking around and I can't find anything talking about it.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Inglonias posted:

:negative: I wanna get off this ride now please.

Please.

The Ride Never Ends. If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever :unsmigghh:

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica
"Trump the Racist, First of His Name" :unsmigghh:

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica
I had a discussion with a coworker and my boss today after lunch about the courts and how difficult it would be to be a judge, and somehow it got twisted into 2nd amendment chat.

I proceeded to have the triple joy experience of ending up on the opposite (liberal) side of the conversation alone, hearing my coworker advocate that Joe Shmoe and his friends should have access to military grade hardware (all the way up to aircraft carriers), and then having him admit that he is literally afraid for his life waiting for the bus outside our office because he doesn't have a gun strapped to his side. :wtc: I know discussing politics at work is usually a bad idea, but the conversation shifted so quickly I didn't have time to get out of it.

Pray for my liver thread.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

rkajdi posted:

The religion can have any practice it wants, but relgious organizations are all going to be structured as large extended social clubs because that's all they've ever been anywhere. Why is seperating the religion from the organzation so hard for some people to do? Regardless of whatever truth a religion does or doesn't have, the organization is always built by people, and if you look at it dispassionately, fulfills the same role as every other similar organization. Nobody complains that people join the Lions Club, Boy Scouts, or whatever for networking, so why should we complain when they do it with a religious organization?

I get that it doesn't live up to the ideals of the faith, but that ony puts it in the same category as every other religious group ever, so why single them out for it?

No one complains about the networking at the Lions Club or Boy Scouts because because

A.) Those groups don't claim a moral/divine highground to justify their actions and
B.) the Lions Club property isn't tax exempt and no one ever shot up a building for a Boy Scouts merit badge.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

euphronius posted:

What are they spending the money on???

Expansion. They're trying to become an ingrained, international commodity before enough cities/countries get wise and mess with their business model.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica
Please. It's "Paul D. Ryan is a Muslim now."

• Locked thread