Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Obama only has one more 9/11 to pull off a 9/11

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

MasterSlowPoke posted:

We'd probably be on different sides in WW2, so pretty much everything would change.

On the other hand, we'd probably be on different sides in WW1.

Germany would be Zimmerman telegramming whoever wasn't friendly with the Allies.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
clintonbodycount++

Sandy Berger

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

clintonbodycount++

Sandy Berger

the brotherhood of the document smuggling pants

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

GalacticAcid posted:

drat there goes the libertarian theory.

That Bundy ranch gadsen flag shooting wound up with the woman killing the man and an heroing herself

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

computer parts posted:

Still laughing.

laughing all the way to the ovens, baby!

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

My Imaginary GF posted:

When was the last workplace shooting where the shooters wore GoPro's?

Well, he used a cellphone camera not a gopro, but August

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Popular Thug Drink posted:

if all this mass shooting is getting to your psyche, just keep in mind that about 3.5 times as many gun owners shoot themselves as shoot other people, so there is still hope in the world

the only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

LookingGodIntheEye posted:

Have a dedicated crew of people at Facebook monitoring posts?

they already have one

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Samurai Sanders posted:

Weird. Is this because they actually care about due process and don't consider the no fly list to be valid, or does the gun lobby want literally as many people as possible to pass the background check no matter what?

the latter, considering they don't have a problem with "you can't fly"

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
white cop accused of raping 13 black women just got convicted of 4 rapes + a bunch of other crap. looking at at least 30 years

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

4 May 2015

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gravel Gravy posted:

With getting the Presidency in 2016?

Being the president is bad for a party's political chances

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

GalacticAcid posted:

Martin al-Malley is picking up al-mentum.

[edited for thumb tags]

truly, the lf-est candidate

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

JT Jag posted:

The entire purpose of the formation of the Jewish religion and the writing of the Torah was to make societal rules so people wouldn't act like literal animals

not just torah

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
cut out the middleman and just directly hire legislators as lobbyists

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Logikv9 posted:

One of the most basic laws in the universe is the Second Law of Thermodynamics. This states that as time goes by, entropy in an environment will increase. Evolution argues differently against a law that is accepted EVERYWHERE BY EVERYONE. Evolution says that we started out simple, and over time became more complex. That just isn't possible: UNLESS there is a giant outside source of energy supplying the Earth with huge amounts of energy. If there were such a source, scientists would certainly know about it.

Earth radiates heat and evolution is thermodynamically possible without the sun so long as entropy gain via ordering is less than entropy loss via radiated heat

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Adar posted:

Ivanka Trump is married to an Orthodox Jew and converted for him, so just going straight to peak Hitler is a problem (of course that didn't stop him from talking about Jewish accountants to the RJC lol). Is there a Muslim Hitler, a Mitler if you will? Maybe he could start talking about the Crusades?

have you heard about the grand mufti????

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

ReidRansom posted:

Well done, LAUSD.

I mean, I get that you sometimes have to err on the side of caution, even when it's something as stupid as that and you've for whatever dumbfuck reason deemed it "credible", but seriously when is a emailed/called in bomb threat ever actually credible? Yeah, that used to be a thing when it was the IRA or whoever and maybe they sometimes didn't actually want people to die so much as to make some sort of statement, but these days it seems someone wants to do some sort of attack they're just going to do it.

other email domains run by this 8chan affiliated service:

“nigge.rs”
“horsefucker.org,”
“goat.si”
“dicksinmyan.us”

SOMEHOW I DON'T THINK THIS IS CREDIBLE GUYS

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

DeusExMachinima posted:

:lol: I really wanna know if this guy is for or against hate speech laws in any other contexts. Plenty of domestic white supremacist orgs draw people in online.

he's for them

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
http://jezebel.com/warrant-issued-for-ethan-couch-teen-who-suffered-from-1748239077

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_hpI0tMZac

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

mcmagic posted:

My main takeaway from last night is that we're a nation of scared little babies who's attention span on the issues that really matter in the day to day lives of most of us basically lasts till the latest foreign boogyman shows up. It's kinda pathetic.

Well, at least "the republican party is scared little babies whose attention span" etc. etc.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Joementum posted:

Not that it matters much this year, but the omnibus contains the #SledFreeOrDie provision, making this legal:

I once got accosted by an officer on horseback while crossing the Capitol grounds so frankly, finally, Congress is looking out for the little guy: me.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
now I'm not saying I support thoughtcrime, but I'd be okay with expressing these thoughts being a crime

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

JT Jag posted:

Hey guys, have you ever stopped to consider the possibility that Donald Trump actually is the ubermensch: healthy as a track athlete teenager, has never been sick or suffered major injury, genius-level intellect, eidedic memory, 14 inch cock

Have you ever thought that maybe that's actually true, huh, huh???

still can't trust a man that doesn't drink

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

joeburz posted:

trump? hosed up, if true

that's what his doctor, the greatest doctor, possibly the best, said

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

McDowell posted:

On 9/11/01 terrorists convinced millions that reality is like a Michael Bay movie or a Tom Clancy novel. One day something new and shocking will break that illusion and make a new reality.

The Irish were the bad guys in Tom Clancy-world

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Aurubin posted:

Ha, they arrested this rear end in a top hat for securities fraud. Guess he pulled back the veil a little too far for the rest of the jackasses.

http://www.bloomberg.com/features/2015-martin-shkreli-securities-fraud/

Someone revealed the Wu Tang secret

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

A: Goddammit you little poo poo, you're an embarrassment to Slavs everywhere.

Yeah, I think the only way to really get at him would be some good Slavic trolling.

ALBANIANS IS MUD PEOPLE NOT FIT TO SERVE PURE SERB. SERBIA BEST COUNTRY, SEVENTH ROME, JEWEL OF THE WEST.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Swan Oat posted:

Are y'all trying to troll Shkreli by calling him a Slav?

"I’m the most successful Albanian to ever walk the face of this Earth. … The Albanian community is a very weird community. We’re some of the most tight-knit kind-of kill for each other, die for each other motherfuckers there are. People say it’s one of the craziest ethnicities there is in terms of their loyalty and bloodlines and poo poo like that."

Luigi Thirty posted:

Supposedly he tried to commit short selling violations via Twitter and someone called the SEC enforcement hotline. So he's either going to jail for a while or paying a huge penalty once they're through with all his bullshit.

:patriot:

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

zoux posted:

Is that what he was arrested for?

no, unfortunately, probably has to do with Retrophin

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gravel Gravy posted:

Seems hypocritical since Putin doesn't much care for businessmen in politics.

:perfect:

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

theblackw0lf posted:

Is it just me or is The New Republic more liberal than it used to be? Back in the 2000 era it was slightly center left and even neoliberal at times, but I've been reading it again recently and seems much more left leaning, probably more left than Vox. It's not to the level of The Nation but it definitely seems more liberal.

They've got David Dayen writing for them. I don't think TNR during the previous decade would have had someone like him.

The new owner cleaned house last year and hired people specifically looking to make it better

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

this, only with obama

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDDnuZAL9ps

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

My Imaginary GF posted:

I think you have the wrong video. I believe you meant this one:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=goh2x_G0ct4

Do you think Obama has seen Star Wars yet?

wrong as always, MIGF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc1flR0LgwY

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

AlternateNu posted:

:stare:

What the gently caress did I just watch?

I believe it's this thing called "a music video"

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kaal posted:

Tandoori beef is absolutely a thing, and the word tandoori refers to the sauce/paste that it is made with.

it refers to the cooking vessel

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

The name comes from the type of cylindrical clay oven, a tandoor, in which the dish is traditionally prepared.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kaal posted:

The name comes from that, but food taste and the tandoori style of cooking comes from the spices and flavoring that is associated with tandoori masala. It's the spice flavors that are the key, not the device used to make it. But if you want to go around accusing every Indian restaurant of cooking inauthentic tandoori chicken because they use a modern barbecue instead of a clay oven then please be my guest.

it's not the only flavor named for the cooking method

• Locked thread