Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ohgodwhat
Aug 6, 2005

Maybe the CFTC? I don't think it's the SEC or FTC.

Anyway, that's the same thing that's let the Iowa electronic market operate for many years.

Essentially they are doing this under a thin guise of research.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ohgodwhat
Aug 6, 2005

Mitt Romney posted:

He asked why they have the waiver. They are allowed to operate because they limit it at $850 per bet and $4,500 total, sorry you find that sad.

This requirement of artificially low bets means that it's not a good representation of what people with money are actually betting on.

Ah, yes, people with money betting on politics - those are the opinions I'm really missing out on.

ohgodwhat
Aug 6, 2005

Enjoy your short meaningless lives while they last

ohgodwhat
Aug 6, 2005

The Fed is already audited. I think the gist of it is that auditing the fed as Congress calls it is a thin guise over giving the people who can't loving handle fiscal policy the keys to monetary policy.

ohgodwhat
Aug 6, 2005

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

I kept on telling myself I'm gonna do that to Robert E. Lee's house when I lived in Alexandria

OK General Sherman

ohgodwhat
Aug 6, 2005

Sir Kodiak posted:

"Statistics" and "physics" being different things is not pedantry. Sorry that pointing this out got you upset, but it's not exactly a minor distinction.

Physics is a statistical model at its most fundamental level.

ohgodwhat
Aug 6, 2005

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

My bud Ranjit had to wear an American flag to work every day to avoid accusations of terrorism.

*phew* I was wondering if we could tell if a brown person was one of the good ones, but I never realized Muslims/terrorists couldn't wear flag pins!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ohgodwhat
Aug 6, 2005

It's cute. Chill out a little.

• Locked thread