Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

THE LONG WALK

9: Blow, blow December wind (butt wind)

so what's this then this is where you get to do something about writing that novel you've always had inside you and can finally get all the money respect sex nothing you deserve.

sounds cool how does it work round about the first day of every month I put a thread up and you post in it to say how much new writing you're gonna post by 2359 PST on the last day of that month. there might be a little general leeway at the end of the month, but don't count on it and don't ask for extensions.

lol imma post one word 'lol' there I won lol there's a 4k word minimum. you can pledge more if you like, but 4k is the ante.

how many terrible words have been written through this thread and the ones before it? 1,359,000. Some of them might have been good? idk

what happens if I gently caress it up every promise has to have a :toxx: attached. you fail, you get banned.

how should I post my stuff up to you, but a link to a gdoc with comments enabled is best that way you won't restrict your publication options later.

can I do short stories sure. It has to be new words (prose, poetry, limericks) but otherwise you can post whatever as long as you make the wordcount

can I critpost, shitpost, or shart my jorts don't really care, it's not the thunderdome so just follow the exhortations of your clotted goony heart but keep in mind that detailed crits of longform stuff aren't super useful; better to keep them general. normal CC rules apply so be harsh but helpful

is there an irc channel yes, if you've signed up: synirc, #longwalk, but most of us hang out in #thunderdome

where are the previous months April, May June July, August, September, October , November

who tells the mods if i gently caress up and don't make it anyone can call in a failed toxx; if no one else does it I do

who checks i've done it i could just not and say i did lol you need to satisfy me, which isn't a high bar tbh, but I'll probably need to see something, up to you what that is

how long are you gonna do it for at least a year, but if it's working for people there's no reason it couldn't go on longer

even a stopped ock tells the right time twice a day

Long Walk 9: Blow, blow December wind (butt wind)

Broenheim: 5k 5 subs MADEITHEIM LAND OF THE MADE IT GIANTS
Redtonic: 5k YEAH SURE NP MADE IT
GurzPut: 5k, 20 subs WOOOOO MADE THAT poo poo
making GBS threads rear: 15k 5 wubs :siren: SOUND THE FAIL KLAXON :siren:
ironic blister: 15k 12 subs :siren: SOUND THE FAIL KLAXON :siren:
Thyrork: 4k words DELICIOUS MADE IT SAUCE ON YOUR SUCCESS CAKE
Tequila Jesus: a weirdly specific 15,500 words :siren: SOUND THE FAIL KLAXON :siren:
Spectres: 5k, 2 subs MADE IT AWRIGHT SPECTRES OF MADE IT
Juanito: 10k words :siren: SOUND THE FAIL KLAXON :siren:
anomieatthegates: 8k words (nice nick) :siren: SOUND THE FAIL KLAXON :siren:
Guinness13: 15k 5 subs YEAH, SUP A PINT OF THICK DARK MADEIT JUICE

total words: 39k written, 84k pledged

RECORD OF THE FALLEN

CHTHONIC BELL/A PAINTED BIRD... DIDN'T MAKE IT (X4)
KILLFAST37... DIDN'T MAKE IT (X2)
MORNING BELL... DIDN'T MAKE IT
DR KLOCTOPUSSY... DIDN'T MAKE IT
BOMPACHO... DIDN'T MAKE IT
CRABROCK... DIDN'T MAKE IT
REDTONIC... DIDN'T MAKE IT
MARTELLO... DIDN'T MAKE IT
THEHOMEMASTER... DIDN'T MAKE IT
JONKED... DIDN'T MAKE IT
ANIME WAS RIGHT... DIDN'T MAKE IT
THYRORK.... DIDN'T MAKE IT
MAG7.... DIDN'T MAKE IT
KURONA BRIGHT...DIDN'T MAKE IT

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jan 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
5k words 5 subs :toxx:

e: :firstpost:

flerp fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Dec 2, 2015

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
In for 5k new words. I need to work on revisions this month! :v: :toxx:

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

5k words + 20 subs. :toxx:

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
15K 5 subs :toxx: :itwaspoo:

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
:toxx: for 12/15, 12 subs and 15K. :poolgirl:

EDIT: December 2015, not December 15th.

Ironic Twist fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Dec 2, 2015

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
:toxx: 4k words. Again, no worldbuilding allowed in that.

Also in an effort to encourage more writing, a mid-month (14th to 16th) progress update with the expectation that I am at least halfway by then. Failure can be met with the scorn and contempt it deserves.

I will also honour a ($30 Maximum) steam purchase for the first Longwalk regular to reply with appropriate contempt to my excuses if this happens.

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

15,500 words by 23:59, PST, 12/31/15.

E: :toxx:

Double Edit: Increased wordcount by 500 so it was evenly divisible by 31. Easier to track my goal that way.

LiterallyATomato fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Dec 2, 2015

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
5k, 2 subs

:toxx: :nignog:

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
10k words. :toxx:

anomieatthegates
Nov 21, 2015

by zen death robot
8k words :toxx:

Guiness13
Feb 17, 2007

The best angel of all.
15k words, 5 subs. :toxx:

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Thyrork posted:

Also in an effort to encourage more writing, a mid-month (14th to 16th) progress update with the expectation that I am at least halfway by then. Failure can be met with the scorn and contempt it deserves.

I will also honour a ($30 Maximum) steam purchase for the first Longwalk regular to reply with appropriate contempt to my excuses if this happens.

Mid-month progress update:

Cant be hosed airbrushing it out anymore. Onwards to the end.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Check in, everyone! How are you all doing. Apologies for not sending out avatar gift certs yet, here's a :toxx: to do it within 24 hours.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Been busy with the holiday! Not an excuse to not write, but thats how its been!

Guiness13
Feb 17, 2007

The best angel of all.
I haven't written anywhere near as much as last month. I'm sitting at 12,382, with about 2,600 to go. I'm in the middle section of my novel, and it's been a bit of a slog. I have a rough outline for the next two chapters, and they should put me over.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug
I hit my toxx two weeks ago but I'm lazy and haven't screenshot my proof. I'll replace this dumb poo poo with proof tonight.

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
i hit my 5k no probs but idk about these subs

well see

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug

That's a net of 5k+ from the weekend of the 5th.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

Juanito posted:

10k words. :toxx:

Guiness13
Feb 17, 2007

The best angel of all.
At this point, I know I hit my goals for word-count and subs. Will have proof up by Thursday.

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

Gonna fall short on mine. Can I take the ban now?

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug

TequilaJesus posted:

Gonna fall short on mine. Can I take the ban now?

How much you got left? There are three more days if you count today. Just write.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Thyrork posted:

Hit this.

Alright, done. Feeling good about this, having a mid-month checkpoint worked out. Think I might tighten that to weekly. Hope the rest of you are doing well. :unsmith:

Guiness13
Feb 17, 2007

The best angel of all.
Ok! Last month, I wound up with 31,142 words in the first draft of my novel. This month, I pushed that to 46,172, for a gain of 15,030.

I also submitted a total of 7 times. So far, I got one rejection and one e-mail with a couple of questions. Not sure what to make of that. Trying not to get too hopeful.

I also wrote a few thousand words between a second draft in a story I started last year and notes, but I hit my goals with my novel so I'm happy.

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
i think wc checks out as being 5k from last time

subs:

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
I'm just gonna do thunderdome links because I'm lazy and don't want to fish through my gdocs.

Drowning - 1019 words - http://writocracy.com/thunderdome/?story=4329&title=Drowning

What You Learn While You're Robbing a Store as Darth Vader - 1186 words - http://writocracy.com/thunderdome/?story=4348

A Rock Falls to the Bottom if You Don't Catch It - 955 words - http://writocracy.com/thunderdome/?story=4380

Personal Hell - brawl story - 1791 words - http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?action=showpost&postid=454414077

All of that is 4951 words, so I also edited this thunderdome piece. Based on the archives I started with 1223 words, and with revisions, it's now at 1718 words.

Guardian - Revisions - 495 new words - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YabvgtM-3t3IXgWUwY6rCrHW5Z3MeX7QpWOiZcRtFSY/edit?usp=sharing

Overall, 5446 new words.

Also, here's my subs

Already got rejected from two places but imo that's better than waiting for a rejection for months.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Oh yeah, should probably not forget to post this!

5k words + 20 subs, done and done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
My blood for the blood god

(i fail) :mediocre:

• Locked thread