Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
It seems like a good idea and I am surprised nobody else thought of it but the Spanish and maybe the Koreans... What would you make into a "tapas" style snack? I think it could work with sliced pepperoni and cheese and crackers or if you get all the stuff to make a sandwich and just eat it before putting the sandwich together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Puzzle
Jul 25, 2007

compressed fart pieces

a bay heh more like a gay

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i love tapas, OP! thanks for posting a thread about it. this has been a long time coming, but i think we can finally give "tapas" the credit that is due. my favorite "tapa" is fried cheese in ouzo, whats yours?

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
I havent actually tried them yet officially but I am looking forward to it after reading about them on Gbs. I think I am going to ease in to it with some things I know from american food like corn chips, string cheese, taquitos, gold fish crackers, slim jims, and circus peanuts but I havent decided on a drink yet

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

a bay posted:

I havent actually tried them yet officially but I am looking forward to it after reading about them on Gbs. I think I am going to ease in to it with some things I know from american food like corn chips, string cheese, taquitos, gold fish crackers, slim jims, and circus peanuts but I havent decided on a drink yet

Mtn Dew ofc

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

a bay posted:

the one im referring to is called "saganaki" and its really loving good. its on fire when they serve it to you and they say "opa!" which i think is a reference to "oppa gngnam style" the hit single by psy which is pretty timely i think

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
They say if you put food on top of your drink then its tapas but if the drink is on fire then maybe it is barbecue instead

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's actually short for "toppings". They just take the toppings off a pizza and put them in little stacks on a plate with toothpicks through them.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

dad gay. so what posted:

i love tapas, OP! thanks for posting a thread about it. this has been a long time coming, but i think we can finally give "tapas" the credit that is due. my favorite "tapa" is fried cheese in ouzo, whats yours?

Uh what? Ouzo is loving gross. We had a bottle of ouzo when I was growing up, and despite stealing every alcohol to ever exist in the pantry, I never finished the ouzo. Not on my worst night. Wretched drink.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

a bay posted:

They say if you put food on top of your drink then its tapas but if the drink is on fire then maybe it is barbecue instead

i dont loving know, OP im just goin off of accounts i have heard from non-virgins who go outside and do things like go to tapas places. i assume everyone is lying to me anyway. the only thing in life i can really count on is my mom and she is from budapest, she only makes me one kind of food which is some kind of horse-paste goulash and i eat it because i am too obese to get out of my bed. she feeds me through a hose. im sorry i was trying to act like i knew about tapas :(

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Taima posted:

Uh what? Ouzo is loving gross. We had a bottle of ouzo when I was growing up, and despite stealing every alcohol to ever exist in the pantry, I never finished the ouzo. Not on my worst night. Wretched drink.

please dont say "wretched" about alcohol to me, it is triggering. i thought this was a safe place to talk, but once again i have been mislead. good day to you, sir :mad:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Ouzo is good, sorry about your baby palate dude

I mean it's no sambuca but

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

loquacius posted:

Ouzo is good, sorry about your baby palate dude

I mean it's no sambuca but

pretty much the same thing but whatevs. THE OUZO IS JUST FOR MAKING A FIRE IN THE SKILLET YOU IDIOTS!!! or so ive been told :(

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
Funny title for a parody of this thread I just thought of: Just learned about "pingas"

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

a bay posted:

Funny title for a parody of this thread I just thought of: Just learned about "pingas"

hehe :)

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

dad gay. so what posted:

pretty much the same thing but whatevs

I'm just being nationalist for Italy yeah

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
someone should do a "just learned about hummus" thread... i bet that would be loving gold lol

Other Barry
Jun 5, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Anything involving serrano ham

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

Other Barry posted:

Anything involving serrano ham

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

dad gay. so what posted:

someone should do a "just learned about hummus" thread... i bet that would be loving gold lol

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3754062&perpage=40:ughh:

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

edit beaten. nm. this is getting pretty confusing :confused:

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
Its cool that some one who read this copied that other guys idea for the hummus thread but nobody better try and rip off my pingas thread title because that is my ticket to the gold mine

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
I could own that guy really bad if I wanted to just by saying Just learned about "homos" in his thread but I would rather bump this one because its the original

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
is this the "tapas" thread or the "pingas" thread :confused:

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Tapas is always over priced unless you do it yourself

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
This one is still about tapas Im just waiting for tapas fever to peak before I make the pingas thread because timing is an important part of creating the quality content that people go to the comedy gold mine to read

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

a bay posted:

This one is still about tapas Im just waiting for tapas fever to peak before I make the pingas thread because timing is an important part of creating the quality content that people go to the comedy gold mine to read

let me know when it switches to pingas plz & thx

• Locked thread