Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

African AIDS cum posted:

Here is an example of what I mean, from a few seasons ago

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000231285/Dustin-Keller-injures-knee

Plays like this (a career ending hit it turns out) have no business in football. How could they ban these type of hits while still allowing players on the ground to ankle tackle etc?

I'm sure they could figure it out but DBs being cowards going at players legs has to stop. Should be huge fines and suspensions for it too. Thoughts?
I've never understood why rugby rules can't be implemented - you hit between the shoulders and the thighs or else it's a penalty. Of course you can make exceptions for players lowering their heads or defenders who are blocked into a low hit, but it shouldn't be that difficult all the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Watch this and tell me it wouldn't own if all NFL players tackled with this form:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1A06stpydY

African AIDS cum posted:

Gronk gets hit like this a few times a game. If corners had to make actual real tackles on him and players his size the 5'9 cover corner everyone hates would become extinct. Just imagine.
About 15 years ago Deion Sanders literally tried to tackle an onrushing player by doing a barrel roll at his ankles. It was one of the most hilarious things I've ever seen.

• Locked thread