Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
I did one of these about 8 years ago that worked out pretty well and allowed myself and others to get a bunch of poo poo off our chest. It was pretty cool and interesting to see what people were irrationally annoyed by. I'm not a mod, but if I remember how the last thread went please remember this: THIS IS WHERE PEOPLE VENT ABOUT WHAT PISSES THEM OFF AND THAT THEY ARE PET PEEVES (WHICH BY DEFINITION DON'T HAVE TO BE RATIONAL) AND YOU DON'T HAVE TO TAKE OFFENSE TO ANYTHING HERE. PLEASE DISCUSS BUT DON'T TURN IT INTO WARS! Thanks!

Just for reference, the "Major psychotic loving hatreds" part of the OP is a reference to the late George Carlin, a highly regarded comedian who was kind of the ultimate "old man" archetype, even way before you ever thought to yourself "gently caress I'm old". He wasn't always right, but pour one out for an old fucker who wanted to entertain you.

The twist I'd like to add to this thread is that I'd like you to mention common peeves from Goons in past PYF threads as well as your own. It's fun to see how we and the Internet have grown over time, yes?

Here's what I remember: People REALLY loving HATE chewing sounds. It's the overwhelming complaint I remember from all of the pet peeve threads, people HATE chewing sounds.

As for my own pet peeves, I'm Really sensitive to verbal tics. To the tendencies people have to pick up and overuse words or phrases. Things like overuse of certain rhetorical devices like "I mean" (Particularly when someone online begins a post with those words, it's just loving redundant!) and "you know" and "like". Also I get pretty tired of thought terminating phrases that are somehow still popular like "U mad bro?" and the like. Things like that are really depressing and just remind you that the Internet hasn't changed much since the 90's. Another thing I can't stand is the need of so many people to post webcomics, videos, GIFs or JPGs to make a point. It just seems weird to me that people would rather link to someone else's content than make their own point and it calls into question why they are even participating in a discussion to begin with.

But enough about my petty bullshit. What are your pet peeves or major psychotic loving hatreds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3703493

• Locked thread