Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Beraiye posted:

Wow, guess I'd be pretty pissed too if I had spent as much money on a promise as some of you obviously have... Perhaps some introspection on your own spending habits would prevent you from experiencing so much grief in the future. Games are gonna keep being bad as long as people keep giving money to developers to finance games that publishers refused to invest in. Hint: There's probably a reason they couldn't get money from normal sources. Kickstarting/Crowdfunding is bad, mkay?

Thanks mom. Where were you five years ago?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

WebDO posted:

It's as active as the game is good

Robot envy

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Hav posted:

Thanks mom. Where were you five years ago?

Playing a good game.

e: that later went bad, but we didn't spend money on it before it was released.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I bet visibility on the Hunchback II-C is terrible.

They might cheat the camera/cockpit position a bit though so who knows.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

DancingShade posted:

you know honestly that might be a bit of soft balance. that thing is gonna be vicious

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

DancingShade posted:

Hunchback IIC was originally something they just threw aging warriors in to go die, so yeah, why design good visibility for an expendable mech and pilot?

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Skoll posted:

Hunchback IIC was originally something they just threw aging warriors in to go die, so yeah, why design good visibility for an expendable mech and pilot?

Dual UAC/20 was a beast though.

For the 2.5 rounds you could fire it (10 'shots' of ammo for 2 guns that fired double-speed :lol:)

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Does anyone remember what the #savemwo key demands were? Iterative balance testing, no ghost heat, ..., ..., ...?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

sebmojo posted:

Does anyone remember what the #savemwo key demands were? Iterative balance testing, no ghost heat, ..., ..., ...?

Fire Paul.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Skoll posted:

Fire Paul.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

sebmojo posted:

Paul Lied, MWO Died

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Russ builds robot weird.

E: Why do you play with armlock on, Russ??

Anticheese fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Dec 10, 2015

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Anticheese posted:

Russ builds robot weird.

that orion build he's using is completely bad. he overheats after like an alpha and a half

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

He also stuck a bunch of ERLLs on a brawling build. And fired them at brawl range while he was overheating. I kinda get that sometimes being able to reach out and tell someone to get lost is helpful in deterring advances, but this is something else.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo, that Jenner looks like a beast. I'm not sure if it was because the guy he's fighting is awful at aiming or if the Jenner is just tough, but it seemed to take a bit of punishment.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

"I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO WITH THIS JENNER"

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
oh boy, the Hunchback's main energy hardpoints are all on the shoulders slightly above the cockpit

and you can fit dual gauss on one of them, both high mounted on the left side with your entire right torso and arm as a deadside

Pattonesque fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Dec 10, 2015

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Anticheese posted:

Russ builds robot weird.

I play with armlock on when I've got arm mounts with the same range band and fire rate as my torso guns so that they all hit the same target. I play with it off when I'm using streaks or my arm mounts are separate fire circuits from the torso guns. Hope this makes you mad.

edit:vvvv I'm noticing that I can hear my own voice now when I type things. Thanks.

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Dec 10, 2015

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

A.o.D. posted:

Hope this makes you mad.

I read this in your voice.

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe
Timberwolf on my team went rabid and shot me in the back. I had to put him down with 4 SRM6s to the back HELL YEAH

Captn Kurp
Oct 21, 2013

:bravo2:
Someone in here mentioned Griffin + SRMs so I bought one and put 4 x SRM 6s on it and it brawls with the best of them.

I don't know what I'm doing.

EDIT: does Artemis make a big difference on SRMs? It said it increases accuracy but since they're dumb fire does it actually do anything?

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe

Captn Kurp posted:

Someone in here mentioned Griffin + SRMs so I bought one and put 4 x SRM 6s on it and it brawls with the best of them.

Griffin + ECM + 4SRM6 is brutal

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Captn Kurp posted:

EDIT: does Artemis make a big difference on SRMs? It said it increases accuracy but since they're dumb fire does it actually do anything?

I've been doing the -3E with four SRM4+A at 104kph elited, 6 tons of ammo, and 4 JJs, it owns

Beraiye
Oct 27, 2014

Captn Kurp posted:

Artemis packs your missiles tighter. It gives you a more shotgunny feel, up close.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Beraiye posted:

Artemis packs your missiles tighter. It gives you a more shotgunny feel, up close.

yeah, you'll find you'll be able to put more of your missiles on the same component, which makes them much better at quickly killing things

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Marijuana Nihilist posted:

Timberwolf on my team went rabid and shot me in the back. I had to put him down with 4 SRM6s to the back HELL YEAH

Doin gods work gj

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
As someone who stopped periodically checking in because, yeah well, and as a brawly robert kind of guy, what have PGI done to make brawling suddenly viable again?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Buffed srms, buffed structure on some mechs, nerfed gauss. Nerfed clans a little.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

ZombyDog posted:

As someone who stopped periodically checking in because, yeah well, and as a brawly robert kind of guy, what have PGI done to make brawling suddenly viable again?

SRM spread/velocity bonus, lots of IS 'mechs got structure quirks so they last longer, lasers slightly nerfed, gauss huge CD nerf

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
Ghost heat is still a thing though right?

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

I am playing robots tonight and brawling. It is very fun.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

ZombyDog posted:

Ghost heat is still a thing though right?

It's been cut back a little, I think? Could be wrong. It's def still cryptic as poo poo, you get a little warning in the mechlab then you fire all your lazers and explode

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

sebmojo posted:

It's been cut back a little, I think? Could be wrong. It's def still cryptic as poo poo, you get a little warning in the mechlab then you fire all your lazers and explode

They removed it from AC2s, upped IS Large Lasers from 2 to 3, recently upped SRMs for both IS and Clan, and otherwise have adjusted values some, yeah. It's not ad bad as it used to be, but it's still kind of an awkward kluge.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
why was it introduced

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

KyloWinter posted:

why was it introduced

To prevent massive alpha strikes being repeated over and over.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Number19 posted:

I am playing robots tonight and brawling. It is very fun.

Never thought I'd see the day.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Internet Explorer posted:

Never thought I'd see the day.

You can pilot an Atlas now and other players actually have to pay attention again. It will probably die but you're taking someone with you and if they ignore you then :rip:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

The Repo Man posted:

To prevent massive alpha strikes being repeated over and over.

It was wildly successful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Someone made this in the BT LP thread and I couldn't pass it up.

:squawk:

• Locked thread