Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I didn't read the OP because it was too long and my eyes glazed over. Can I just jump in and shoot some mechs with goons or do i gotta grind out robots or something lame like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I'm gonna scream if I have to play one of the polar maps again

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Do i just ask here for an invite to the goon group? I'm nonesuch in-game and i'm a eurogoon if that makes any difference what unit to join

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I'll join girls because i'm beautiful

Sharks Dont Sleep posted:

Edit: I'm drunk, I thought you meant nonesuch as like... gently caress I don't know, that it doesn't matter and not that it was actually your ingame name.

i'm named after mincemeat. It's fitting for mechwarrior! ( i always forget it means something else)

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Stringbean posted:

The mech we deserve:

The (I poo poo you not) Axman.
Come on :pgi: get your poo poo together.

Those arms look like they'd be really lovely for swinging an axe with

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

What sort of heat efficiency should I be aiming for? I've got 4 med lasers and a large on my stormcrow but I really want to shove some SRMs on there too.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Olesh posted:

If you reverse it and trade out the other arm instead, you can arrange things like so: 5x cSmall Pulse 4x cSRM6A

It runs hotter, for sure, but an extra 2 small pulse (for a total of 4xcSRM6A + 5xcSPL) does consistently better for me than just 5xcSRM6A. It also has the benefit of being able to straight up one shot most mechs if you come up on them from behind; 78 damage to the rear CT will kill anything in a single volley except certain assaults with CT structure quirks, which is occasionally hilarious when you can do it to multiple mechs in a row before they catch on.

That looks like it might be hilarious but i'll be shutting down all day

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Olesh posted:

Press O to win fights, and pack a Cool Shot 9x9.

Your main weapons are the SRMs, and you can fire those basically forever until the cows come home - if you fire them on cooldown, your net heat generated will slowly go up. Since you can shoot all four without hitting ghost heat, you can torso twist freely in between shots using the stormcrow's hilariously good twist rate. So long as you aren't firing the SPLs at high heat, you won't go into dangerously high levels of overheat and you can back off the trigger when there's nothing immediately threatening you. In an emergency, you can pop your cool shot to give you an extra burst of SPL fire while giving you extra time with the missiles before going back into overheat territory, but it's usually not necessary unless you're in a protracted fight.

I've tried and it's incredibly funny, I need some more practice but I was blowing components off in the first volley and getting up to 600 damage is a breeze.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

PoptartsNinja posted:

It's me, I'm the bad who dies early so I can browse pubbie builds to find out why we're losing and blame them for it.

:ughh:

I was watching someone last night shoot at enemies 700m+ away with medium lasers. I always wonder how people are managing to die in the stand off sniping phase of a match but now I know.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I love those times when what feels like the entire enemy team is chasing you in this weird conga line all over the map. Being a light must be funny as hell, they go crazy over my dumb medium mech.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Can I get an invite to the goon unit? I think i got missed before :( my in-game name is nonesuch and I don't mind which unit

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I like my timbwolf because I can pretend it's my stormcrow but with 2 machine guns and an extra pulse laser :dance:

ZenVulgarity posted:

Reduce your prices by half and I would buy so much random crap, pgi

i wanna paint my mechs stupid colours but it's so expensive it's dumb

hemale in pain fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Feb 12, 2016

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I would definitely spend like £4 to unlock all colours and patterns on one mech. I dunno why they don't have something like that.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Wtf sort of mech would be $500?

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

The game modes outside of skirmish do all seem like weird after thoughts and don't really work. It's like a first implementation of something you'd find in an alpha.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

i dunno how it works in games with competent teams but in pubby games it's almost entirely worthless going out of the way to cap objectives in assault. People ball up, murder each other and whoever wins the big brawl will just go mop up whatever is left.

If i go cap i'm just gonna get swamped by like 10 mechs at the end.. might aswell just die or win with everyone else.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

yay I only just bought my timber yesterday and didn't read the negative quirks lol

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

i'm really bad at heavy mechs

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Stringbean posted:

This is pretty vague but I'm sorry you don't do well in heavies :(

I'm just bitching rather than asking for advice :)

i'm doing better now i'm playing more cautious, i just gotta remember i'm a huge walking target and gotta be way more cautious than i'am in my medium

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Yolomon Wayne posted:

At tier 3 your assaults hide behind corners leaving the lights and meds to tank while getting flanked by heavies.
Sometimes i just wanna ritually core myself.

I'm tier 4 and pubbies bunch up into a single square and refuse to do anything, and get incredibly angry and start shouting at people for moving out of the square for 'splitting up'. Also, a ton of them manage to die in the long range shooting battle and I dunno how, are they just standing there?

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I want a bushwacker :(

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

After joining girl a few days ago I've recieved like 5 friend invites and people asking me "are you actually a girl?" lol

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Is there no way to save different loadouts for 1 mech? I don't wanna have to strip it again and start from scratch if i wanna try out a different build every couple of matches.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Banano posted:

oh my sweet summer child

I'm really amazed something like that could be left out.. i thought I was just missing some obvious button.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

PoptartsNinja posted:

The Stormcrow's pretty fun. You usually want to lurk around the assaults until some light rushes in to try for a kill, then gun them down before they realize you're there.

Stormcrow is pretty good at killing everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Oh god I didn't realise radar deprivation costed as much as a mech

• Locked thread