Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Russ 'we are too financially dependent on cheaters to ban them' Kerensky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Their detection method was having Russ drop until he found 64 hackers.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

I loving knew it. No wonder all those mechs with turnrate boosts felt sluggish as poo poo.
Also, apparently that hotfix will revert anyone with negative c-bill balances to 0. You get to keep everything too. It's pretty hilarious that it took CS to tell them that this was an

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

The panther with full survivability is also hilarious, you're a tiny as hell dual-PPC poptart, but you have the armor of a mech twice your tonnage.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Finished my 25 cadet bonus matches, so now I've got around 16 million c-bills kicking around while I figure out which mechs to start with.

I see that the OP recommends the Stormcrow or Timberwolf to start, and I like the idea of being able to swap components instead of buying whole new variants, but I can get like three IS mechs for the cost of that one Timberwolf or Stormcrow. Plus wouldn't that lock me into playing Clan in the faction play matches?
Also a lot of IS mechs have hidden costs - endo/ff/engine upgrades. A timberwolf is good out of the box, and omnipods give you the ability to completely change your mech for cheap.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

The Heavy PPC really, really doesn't seem to justify the extra weight+heat. The Light and Snub-Nose both seem good though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Cease to Hope posted:

LFEs are going to be absolutely transformative in Battlemasters every inner sphere heavy and assault.
They're going to need to give clans some love because at the moment IS just got massive weight gains.

• Locked thread