Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Two Beans posted:

Please get screenshots of Paul's tetris scores over the night.

:bravo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

A.o.D. posted:

I think I'm done playing MWO until the next event, or the next wave of aimbot bans comes down. We dropped like 3 or 4 consecutive times against SJR and they weren't even subtle about their cheating.

PGI needs to get this poo poo under control. There's no point even trying to play this game when this crap goes down on the regular.

Who, what, why?

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Random Number posted:

I think it's pretty telling about how much cheating buys you in this game that a pack of lovely drunk goons in mediocre mechs routinely get matched up against hardcore elite MLG shitbirds.

Or it could be the <2000 players online concurrently thing.

E: Try the 8Q awesome with 2 lpl in the arm, mpl everywhere else. Std 300 and as many heatsink as you can fit. It's hitboxes are bad but it will ruin a mother fucker.

Is this the hack thats like on the first page of google and costs a subscription fee? Cause if so lol even harder.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

teepo posted:

yes and it's the same hack from since the early closed beta

Check out my sick hack for known mlg pro game MWO. Only $15 a month?!!?!?!?

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Yolomon Wayne posted:

On the matter "at hand" (it will still be several days until i can afford a dire wolf), will this thing be able to alpha 8x large lasers + 14 clan double heatsinks without melting?

No, ghost heat triggers on large lasers after you fire more than 3. Nothing can sink through ghost heat really. You can get an alpha of 5-6 maybe but thats pushing it.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Ok, whats ghost heat?

:pgi: dumb invention to try and prevent mechs from boating the same weapon . After a certain number of the same weapon (this number is different for every weapon) is fired with .5 seconds of eachother you get a bunch of extra heat from nowhere. This increases hard for every number you go over the heat spikes hard. I have a battlemaster thats nothing but 5 large lasers and double heatsinks and if i fire all 5 at once im risking overheating.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Brutal Self Owns itt

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Pooncha posted:

I once saw an Executioner with nothing but flamers. I don't remember how many, but it was at least 9, if not more.

Wizard IIC

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

A.o.D. posted:

To be fair, the Ice Ferret wasn't a particularly good mech in tabletop.

lol

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Stringbean posted:

I'm planning on rebuying an IS assault. I was thinking Atlas because I love a good brawler, but meta mechs is listing Banshee, Stalker, and Battlemaster for its tier 1 bracket. They're all laser toting, zombie mechs. As much as I'm sure they're beastly, I think I'd rather have some more variety. Should I stick to the Atlas plan?

Metamechs is outdated and not really super reliable anyway.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

lwoodio posted:

I'm the glitched beer stein that emits 10,000 lumens in a swamp.

Cold fusion is a hosed up thing.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

God I wish I was in Tier 5. I just wanna roll pubs in dumb gimmick builds.

:negative:

kingcom fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Jan 20, 2016

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Washout posted:

Now that I've graduated to tier 2 the number of people in tryhard groups using Helios and dropping 12 arty strikes per round is making me want to quit again.

Total bullshit that they are detecting and banning cheaters, we are seeing them constantly, getting headshotted when you are winning for a stunning turn around by the enemy team is one of the clearest indicators. Or watching yourself and then your team mates who are all torso twisting like crazy yet getting CT cored with no problem.

You can really feel when you get beat by a team because they are good, you see the moment when they decide to fade back and swing around for a flank or whatever, as opposed to the cheaters when everyone just dies instantly upon seeing an enemy mech and you watch them make impossible shots one after the other.

Right? I just want to experiment with builds and try weird stuff but if I pick anything but max optimal in a solo drop I get gutted every time.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Pooncha posted:

Do it anyway. You get to try out your wacky builds and your deaths will keep you away from the (cheating) tryhard tiers. Win-win all around. :)

Nah I tried that already. I need to bomb like 500+ games in a row to go down to Tier 3.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Holy poo poo the new map is garbage. All it takes is one mech running around with tag/narc + ecm and you gently caress literally everything up. Why would you design a map without any kind of useful cover.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

teepo posted:

i'm sure pgi will add weather once their telemetry shows the average specs can actually handle the increased load. pgi does keep a close eye on the average fps and it's why i imagine a lot of the new content is much higher quality than what were normally used to. were slowly getting there.

but also, weather is a touchy subject and you'd be surprised by the number of players who hate anything that obstructs their l33t skillz. but gently caress them, i loving love the fog in frozen city day and have been clamoring for more poo poo like that since the very beginning. give me a dust storm on tourmaline peak that fucks with the electronics on our mechs for the love of god pgi

Frozen City still the best map.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Beet Wagon posted:

I understand this is heresy, but I kind of like how the new map makes scouts useful. It's just a little too lurm-friendly for my tastes. Other than that it's p. okay.

The trench idea is good but ffs they need a way to provide some form of defence thats not just 'hope you spammed ecm v0v'

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Der Waffle Mous posted:

There's something weirdly amusing about about the fact that MWO of all things has created a context wherein the Blackjack, Jagermech, and Hellbringer are actually good, useful choices instead of horrible disappointments.

Fukt up but true.

Which 3 Griffins should I get and what should their builds be?

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Fil5000 posted:

How many data points do you need that say "dumpster fire"?

I want a log of the evolution of the PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARP. hth

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

DancingShade posted:

This is why you buy mechs for their hardpoints and not their quirks.

lol

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Lemon Curdistan posted:

They're only capping the range quirks. If they add something else to compensate, this is a net good change because gently caress laser snipers.

Won't this make a bunch of mechs complete garbage now?

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

PoptartsNinja posted:

- Jeremiah Rose

hosed up.

Also im super hyped to see DAD IIC

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Iron Tusk posted:

Hopefully we get a burrow ability for the Kodiak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPlXXUhtVqc

:black101: Ghost Beardad.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

PoptartsNinja posted:

The Stone Rhino is silly because the Gauss Rifles are in the torsos and mounted below cockpit height. That huge gun on the back?

That's an ER Small Laser.

gently caress yeah Stone Rhinos.

Also seriously whats going on with all these sales. Have they realised the grind is ridiculous finally ?

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

PoptartsNinja posted:

I am legit disappointed we did not get the Kraken. 100 slow-rear end tons of 14 high-mounted ballistic hardpoints or 8 high-mounted ballistic hardpoints or 8 high-mounted missile hardpoints. Minimum.

One of the stock Krakens comes with 8 LRM-15s, which means pubbies would never modify that one and they'd be easy kills after shutting down instantly from a single alpha. :haw:

gently caress Yeah Banes

Lookitdatfuckingshit

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Der Waffle Mous posted:

I'm not sure what the redesign would look like considering the original art is the robot equivalent of anime flounder face.

edit: that redesign :o:

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

PoptartsNinja posted:

The `Mech you never knew you wanted. Until now.

AND it's a Clan Battlemech, not an Omni, so you can put a bigger engine in it! :pseudo:

Edit: Also, in a Kraken, you could RP as ED-209

One day I dream the time/tech will move forward in MWO so we can have all the crazy cool stuff down the line.

Goddamn I just want to pilot a Jupiter.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Yeah I'm struggling to think of mechs in this era I give a poo poo about.

Atlas II, Phoenix Hawk for inner sphere. I dont know what else?

EDIT: Marauder II ?

Bane, Stone Rhino, more IICs. Lots of stuff for clans really.

kingcom fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Feb 3, 2016

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

PoptartsNinja posted:

Guillotine.

That's about it.

Edit: Could you imagine the crying if PGI ever introduced the TSEMP Cannon? Force a target to shut down in exchange for 5 seconds of cockpit shake.

The only reason I would want the Guillotine is to get the Guillotine IIC.

Some god tier meltdowns imo.

kingcom fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Feb 3, 2016

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Bolow posted:

gently caress you PGI doing double xp on XCOM 2 weekend

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Bolow posted:

Yeah man all those clan ERLL, you know the really good ones that burn for 1.5 seconds and suck complete loving rear end

:wtc:

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Pattonesque posted:

Clan ER Larges are generally p. bad in public queue but in CW the burn duration isn't quite as big of a deal and a lot of maps play to their strengths

Like seriously ffs people. Yeah they are not optimal outside of CW but in CW its brutal to have 16+ er LL beaming down in a line from across the map into a very narrow chokepoint against slow and fat mechs. It doesnt matter about the burn time if your target has to walk in a straight line in a predictable pattern.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Pattonesque posted:

4 ERLL on a Timber Wolf or Hellbringer in CW results in an awful lot of 2500-damage games where you don't lose a 'mech

Yeah exactly, the 4 ER LL hellbringer is perfect for this and running with 3-4 of them all set up is a murderball on most CW maps.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Bait and Swatch posted:

Godspeed rooster

You piece of poo poo.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Anita Dickinme posted:

I'd just open it to the public. There's nothing in this game (besides the valuable coffers :black101:) worth stealing or spying on, so all this security is unnecessary.

Some hot OPSEC action going on in the WoL unit chat.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Coolwhoami posted:

I feel like there should be more rifles in this image

Look buddy, hes only one man!

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

TjyvTompa posted:

I'll raise you this Atlas, at least he was on the enemy team.

:psyduck: Where is all the tonnage???

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

*SPERGING INTENSIFIES*

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

TeeMerk posted:

In case it hasn't been posted here is this weekends challenge http://mwomercs.com/news/2016/02/1478-valentines-weekend-challenge

:stare:

Is that firestarter trying to gently caress the forklift?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Krinkle posted:

I was told that all arctic cheetahs were interchangable but I can't build this thing. The weight is off.

What's the difference between me
http://puu.sh/n8v52/c5ee26b58a.jpg
and this

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=291&l=0673c22705b1651b68e33300644d53eb895cf864
I mean I know I have a B and this is a prime but none of the parts claim to have a weight so I don't know why I can't have 6 lasers and 2 heat sinks.

Unless it's C.A.S.E. protected. How do I turn that off, if that's the problem?

vvv Then there should be MORE weight to play with not less!

I'm told I can't remove CASE from B so I guess I was lied to that they were all interchangeable and it didn't matter.

To be clear, I do not have enough weight free to build this build. It is a ton over spec. It is impossible to build this mech on the ACH-B

You're probably confusing the locked in Double Heat Sink with the one you can pull in and out. Smufy displays them differently.

• Locked thread