Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
Quoted in the OP, I'm so proud.

Brawling fun, playing with goons fun. Stomping pubbies with twice our total weight fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
iirc you got the Cent AH if you're bad with money (like me).

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Bubbacub posted:

I've actually had a lot of fun with the AH once I swapped the LRMs for SRMs. People ignore you, and then you shoot them in the butt with the autocannon. I thought the stock engine would be too slow, but my biggest problem is running out of ammo.

It's a good robot but you got it for being a founder sooooo

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Ugly John posted:

spent some money on the game.

This is what I was going for with 'bad with money' so I guess it still works!

I own the King Crab :(

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
Does anyone have any advice on how to Ebon Jaguar?

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Pattonesque posted:

what are you trying to do with it? abusing the high mounts with laser or gauss vomit seems to be the order of the day, although that's probably less effective now.

Whatever it does well! I am new to clan mechs.

I built one as a poor mans Madcat with 2 LPLs and 4MLs which worked okay then tried triple UAC5s which was also okay but less so. Just wondering if there's anything this chassis does particularly well.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Finster Dexter posted:

You can get high missile mounts on EBJ so I think you can do 4 SRM6+A builds with it.

I've done this plus an LBX-10 because maybe clan LBX-10s aren't terrible? Please tell me that I'm terrible if this is the case.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Kurzon posted:

I'm new to this game so I'd like some comments on my current mech.

I've built an Ebon Jaguar that has two ac/10s, and LRM 5 and a medium laser. She has two ballistic hardpoints, one energy hardpoint, two missile hardpoints, and an ACM hardpoint. Her max tonnage is 65.

Drop the LRM5. A single medium is also a waste of time on a heavy mech. SRMs are good so feel free to use those and as said above, a large laser will mesh with your AC10s range-wise.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Random Number posted:

I think it's pretty telling about how much cheating buys you in this game that a pack of lovely drunk goons in mediocre mechs routinely get matched up against hardcore elite MLG shitbirds.

It's my favorite part of this whole thing that the actual tryhards still just wade around in the same puddle of poo poo that we do.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Pattonesque posted:

My gun torso tends to go down so rapidly that I'll just take snapshots with the AC/20 even if I'm beyond ideal range

also, a bunch of competitive players tested LRMs vs. direct fire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jO-JexfPCA8

spoiler: don't play LRMs

This video makes me want a new mechcommander game so bad.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Alchenar posted:

This is kinda happening so :woop: I guess

I funded the upcoming turnbased game but I'd still love a realtime tactics game. Never going to happen though so boooo.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Love Stole the Day posted:

I dream of being good enough at UnrealEngine to make an MC3 knockoff that doesn't suck. It's like a Bucket List thing for me at this point...

Someone's got to!

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
Yeah, standard engine was if you wanted to use a double AC20 build which basically nobody did for that reason.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Klaus88 posted:

I bought the wrong atlas variant. :saddowns:

Look upon this fool and mocketh me.

There's no true 'wrong' Atlas though.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Fil5000 posted:

The K is the wrong atlas variant and always will be.

Still an Atlas though! Was more my point (because otherwise yes, you're right).

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Fil5000 posted:

it's structure/armour bonuses are the same as well.

Which is arguably the only thing which actually matters.

But yeah, it's the worst variant of the best mech.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
Most of this was just so that the guy above didn't feel too bad about buying the wrong mastery-fodder chassis but he didn't even do that so gently caress it. K bad.

Having said that, we've been seeing all the pubbie atlas builds of the rainbow and still panic focusing because it's still an Atlas so :shrug:

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Wales Grey posted:

PGI should offer a premium subscription service: for the low, low price of $40 a month you get all the robots released during that month and a point on your "premium rewards card". Premium Rewards Points can be cashed in for MC/EXCLUSIVE PREMIUM CAMOFLAGES and at the end of every calendar year if you have at least six points you get a free skinmech! 12 points on your card means you get a free GOLDEN skinmech of your choosing (except for Clan mechs, we can't infringe on the exclusivity of the $500 skins).

As we've spoken about in the past, PGI are bad at business.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
Star Citizen says hi!

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Tonnage maxed, failed. Also no flamers.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

crowbb posted:

I grinded this out with the Arctic Cheetah and maxed all the skills on 3 of them, unlocking the module on one. Can I just sell the other 2 now without losing any of the skill bonuses (I needs me that mech bay space) or will that kill them?

If by 'maxed' you mean, mastered then yeah you can sell them. You don't actually need to master them at all and only need to elite them if it's your first chassis of that weight class.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Cyrano4747 posted:

um, am I missing something? I'm staring at the skills panel right now for a mech that I have all the elite unlocks on and it says I still need to elite 3 variants in order to get the module mastery unlock.

No, to unlock the ability to buy elite skills you need to basic out three variants of the same mech.

To unlock the ability to buy the master skill (which gives you an extra module slot only) you need to elite three mechs of the same weight class. They don't have to be variants of the same mech. i.e. if you want to master your Atlas and have previously mastered your Awesome you only need to basic out the two Atlas chassis that you don't want to keep, you don't have to elite them.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Nuebot posted:

Anyway, I swapped out my UAC/5's for some AC20's just to see how they handled and it's kind of hilarious. I only have like 64 ammo but they really, really don't like it when they get hit. Downside is that there might not be enough heatsinks in the world to keep me going.

Don't fire them both at the same time, you get hit with Ghost Heat and have a bad time unless they changed this recently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

That Italian Guy posted:

On the other hand, I'd rather have a map where I get stuck into poo poo than a 24/7 Alpine Peak assault snipers moutain peaking simulator, so I'm happy this helped :)

This guy knows what's up.

Still :pgi: tho

• Locked thread