Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
It's hard to explore new things and gauge the success thereof when the rest of your team is either Lurming, playing LEROY JENKINS, or plinking with AC2s from 1500 meters because winning in this game is about not losing any armor ever.

vvvv or throwing a fit b/c Thou Shalt Not Fire Beyond 270m.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

Endbuster posted:

Play with better peeps man. Or figure out how to get that commander voice and make be pugs bend the knee.
Sadly I'm not one of the few goons gifted with the miraculous power of successful pubherding.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
Clan ER Large are alright for the CW maps where you get to use them at the outside of their optimal range; other than that they put out horrible damage for their heat and duration. I can see them being somewhat less of a liability on Polar, but imo you're always better off taking LPL with a range module. (Or even without, really).

I mean, run whatever is fun for you but running 2xERLL on a Cheetah is like running LRMs on an Atlas.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

Coolwhoami posted:

I did it. I finally basic'd my mist lynx and ice ferrets from my stupid purchasing decisions so I could sell the non-unique hulls. Get hosed, you lovely, lovely mechs.

I didn't even basic any of the Shadow Cats before selling them. What a loving terrible excuse for a mech. It's literally a wider Kit Fox with worse hardpoints and slightly more mobility.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
PGI's silence on the issue by default means that, at best, there might be a plan in place to eventually implement in order to deal with Helios. That is, at best, not exactly optimal. With that said, I at least understand that it's self-defeating to make any further comment on it as a company until such a plan is implemented and active.

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Im tempted to buy another cicada 3m for the engine alone while its on sale, how many xl320s does one need usually?
One. Swap it between mechs unless you want to do the internet robot version of Patron bottle service in a New York nightclub.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

A.o.D. posted:

I have never placed in a leaderboard event.

There's no point unless there's a way to quantify what portion of a player's score is skill versus what's Helios.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

teepo posted:

Wilhelmtell was one specific player who was a leaderboard try hard that i knew was using helios and i was giddy as gently caress to see him get banned for it. there were a lot more who were suspect as gently caress but they started playing the game under new accounts/IP addresses.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
This game is 200% more fun when you just alt-F4 and relaunch in a different mech every time Polar comes up.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
MWO is p.much what happens when your lead designer's best qualifications are Asperger's and nostalgia.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
So uh I quit both nicotine and MWO like three weeks ago and I highly recommend it just saying.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
Man sometimes I really get an itch for MWO but then I read this thread and punch my balls a few times and it goes away. :shrug:

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
They're literally doubling down on ghost heat.

• Locked thread