Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

mashed_penguin posted:

I played for the first time since CW came out last night. Brawling seems to be viable again and the Menturion is fun. I also managed to drop in a stupid cent ah I didn't even know I owned that had an AC20 and an LRM10 :psyduck:

Yeah, I just reinstalled the game after not playing for a year. Had fun with my Menturion, also didn't know what the Cent AH in my garage was from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Nickiepoo posted:

iirc you got the Cent AH if you're bad with money (like me).

I've actually had a lot of fun with the AH once I swapped the LRMs for SRMs. People ignore you, and then you shoot them in the butt with the autocannon. I thought the stock engine would be too slow, but my biggest problem is running out of ammo.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Kinda feels like they're trying too hard. I honestly think B33f's Direstar video would be the best advertisement for the game.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

That Italian Guy posted:

EDIT: also, i see the Centurion is gone from the "good Mechs list" in the OP...what happened? New IS Mechs that overshadow it?

Nope, Centurions are really good now. I bought a Cent AL and my first match with it ended up with 999 damage (there seem to be a lot of clueless players now that it's on Steam).

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Uh, I just had a really weird match. The game got stuck on the map loading screen, so I restarted MWO and rejoined. Everybody else in the match was inactive, like they had all disconnected. So I walked up to the enemy and blew up 2 lances. The hit detection seeemed glitchy so I couldn't farm the headshot achievement, but I still got the 8 kills one. I was in a Stalker, so I couldn't get to the last lance in 15 minutes. :(

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Will we be able to add custom decals? I'm only interested if I can add nipples to my Atlas.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Kalaxus posted:

Would like the option to get in elemental armor, hide on one of your arms then jump out like an angry squirrel at enemy faces eventually.

You could do this in MW:LL. If your mech/vehicle got shot up, you could try to limp home and salvage it, or jump out in elemental armor and sneak around to attach demolition charges to enemies as they went by.

:911:

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Unhappy Meal posted:

Pubs who apparently have a seizure whenever they click their mouse. Cockeyed aiming at the ground beside their target. Aimbots that miss every shot because they're using autocannons. It is truly a wondrous game.

I don't get the people who run around with the view zoomed in all the time, then twirl around in confusion when they get shot from the side.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Lonjon posted:

Robot building tip time. LRMs are bad, and you should not use them.

Played a game last night where the last guy alive on our team was a Huginn with 2 LRM 5s. He ran up to people and shot them point blank, ending up with a whopping damage total of 2 points.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

I can almost afford a Stormcrow. Which one should I get?

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Pattonesque posted:

the way new players should think of it is this -- say you lead a push in an Atlas and take 15 seconds to die. Sounds lovely, but in those 15 seconds you've probably been able to kill or cripple an enemy 'mech, and if your team follows you they have probably been able to focus down another enemy 'mech. So you die, and your team is up two or three to one, and that's all she wrote.

The best thing about the D-DC is that every once in a while, the enemy doesn't notice you when you push.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Is there some trick to getting headshots? All of my mechs are SRM brawlers so getting headshots is really unlikely for me, but I would have expected more than 2 out of 373 kills.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Pi In The Sky posted:

Whoever linked this Stormcrow build a while back (no, I don't remember who, and no I'm not paging back to find out :effort:) I want you to know that I love you.

Only two games in with it, and everything is just wonderful. :allears:

Holy poo poo, this is the best thing.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

A.o.D. posted:

Getting a targeting computer to do things it actually is supposed to be able to do...

hahaha. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

What does the targeting computer actually do? I didn't even know it was implemented in the game (only just got my first clan mech).

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

I've had 3 out of 512 kills.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

If they're releasing a 3052 mech, I'm guessing the Bushwacker is around the corner?

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

aniviron posted:

Catapults took a serious nerf

Aww. I just reinstalled the game after about a 6 month break, and I bought a couple of Cats because of the sale. :(

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

DancingShade posted:

It's a heavy mech that moves like a heavy mech that also weighs 60 tons and also has barely more armor than a 55 ton medium.

What I miss the most about MW:LL is how sub-par mechs still had a role because the whole combined arms thing meant that anti-air and anti-infantry capability was useful.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

It's too bad that there's no action such that a mech can extend its arm out so that the arm-mounted weapons are shoulder-height. That's consistent with a lot of the BT art, and would make the dick-height arm hardpoints more useful.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Just reinstalled. The game isn't as fun as I remember it being. Does anyone prefer 12v12 over the old 8v8?

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

I wouldn't mind a shakeup to the meta, but only because I only own mechs that have fallen out of favor because I haven't played in a year..

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

The Javelin is kind of funny looking. A rare case of the original line art looking better than the MWO model.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Why do they like grungy piss-colored maps so much?

• Locked thread