Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Pattonesque posted:

I feel like the Kodiak is their next big moneymaker

A kodiac with heavy rockets and I'd buy another top tier package.

Just saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

So, this game is fun now.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Olesh posted:

if PGI decided to add a "missiles shot down" counter and/or start offering minor XP/Cbill rewards for shooting down missiles with AMS, I suspect more people would start experimenting with having it and start putting 2 + 2 together in regards to how thoroughly AMS chumps LRM-heavy teams.

Do this. I've never used AMS. But even a minor c-bill/xp thing would make me throw it on.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Azuth0667 posted:

:cheers: to whoever showed me how to irritate pubbies with flamers yesterday. Those pubbies getting mad over it was the funniest poo poo I've seen in this game yet.

What's the technique?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

So it looks like MW:LL is back in development.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkQSFb0sWYU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Azuth0667 posted:

I don't think it was nickel and diming people. I think it was all snipers all the time and really lovely balancing that will be the final nails in the coffin. If you look at steamcharts it shows that this time last year there was ~2,000 steam users on. Now a year later that's down to ~1,500 players. :pgi: hosed up big and couldn't retain their player base.

E: Wait I'm wrong for this month it's even worse its ~1,000 average players. They literally lost half their player base in a year. I'd think this would be a wake up call but, :pgi:.

So how long til they announce they're getting rid of skill tiers?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Azuth0667 posted:

Part of it is advertising. :pgi: is amazingly stupid and can't drive a marketing campaign anywhere but, into the ground. Another part is that :pgi: killed all of the good will they had by being terrible and making half-assed attempts to change that perception. I think they also figured that there is so little on the market they can get by charging a premium for slacking off.

So basically staggering incompetence, greed and laziness. You could argue that malice should be added to that list but, I don't think the cnidarian intelligence they have running that company could figure it out.

Didn't they also waste a pile of money on Transverse?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Skoll posted:

$1.5 million dollar stretch goal for guns on your spaceship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vy14mJrkWk

I think it cleared 16,000 dollars before they shut it down and erased everything.

PGI even claimed to have gotten the wing commander license from EA and EA responded with a "lol, no you don't".

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Well it looks like PGI took me to the cleaners for about 100 million c-bills for modules.

They "refunded" me points for the modules, but since all my mechs were mastered those extra 2,000 points are useless.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Rysithusiku posted:

Ah, but you only got 91 out of two hundred whatever skill points for each. Less than half of the way to actually mastered again.

You can use more than 91 points on a mech? I thought it was capped at 91?

I still want the money though.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Commoners posted:

Survivability tree is garbage for atlas. You get 7 or 8 armor out of it. Just cram points into whatever other tree and crush face.

The atlas is also pretty garbage too just in general. It accelerates way too slow to do its job, even with mobility skills.

And you have to waste points on the fall damage perks. I'm not jumping off stuff in my atlas. I don't need that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Fil5000 posted:

if there's no actual narrative then I'm just not that interested.

My thoughts exactly.

Remember back in the beginning they had comstar news broadcasts? Near the original release we started getting news reports of losing contact with stuff in the periphery.

• Locked thread