Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Great Beer posted:

They cant seriously have thought 2 weeks was enough time to fix what needs fixing on that skill tree change. I thought that was an alpha-level proof of concept. :stare:

e; Hell, two weeks isnt even enough time to test and implement any feedback they DID get. They were seriously planning on using the PTS to preview the change and then dumping it as is into live. :stare::pgi::stare:

It was supposed to hit in mid-to-late January after the patch but a collection of odd circumstances delayed it to this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Lonjon posted:

Modpud was the very last cheater in MWO. Catching and banning her solved all of their cheating problems forever, so there is obviously no need to waste customer dollars on needless anti cheat measures.

Ardlen posted:

Their anti-cheat strategy is to deny there is any cheating.

People get banned for cheating all the time. We just don't make a big deal about it or make any announcements. I'm not going to say anything about how we find cheaters for obvious reasons but it is not something that goes unmoderated.

E: oops, typo. We are moderating cheaters.

Number19 fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jul 15, 2017

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

This was true. We did have an ISP outage. I worked around it and we have fixed the problem with the Luthien event. It will run properly during the next Faction Play cycle which starts at 3:00PM PDT.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

TjyvTompa posted:

Will it retroactively count all the games people have played or does it start from the beginning at 3 PM?

I don't have an answer for this one unfortunately.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

TjyvTompa posted:

PGI pushed the patch back another 24 hours: https://mwomercs.com/news/2017/10/1911-october-17th-patch-time-moved-to-18th-at-2pm
So no new mechs for euros today either, loving fantastic. As a compensation they give you 2 days of premium time and a free mechbay if you have pre-ordered any Escalation pack. I'm starting to get the impression PGI have no idea what they are doing.

It was a last minute QA fail of the patch. There was some bug that was severe enough to hold the patch back rather than release and hotfix. It’s the first time a patch got delayed since the game launched.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

TjyvTompa posted:

Thank you for the explanation. I understand that PGI does not pull/postpone a patch because they think it is fun but it is still irritating for us that have pre-ordered the new mechs to have to wait. All the debacle and backtracking on the laser nerfs just compound the issue.

Yeah we have pretty strict internal patch content deadlines and branch test cutoffs because patches are advertised new content delivery dates that we can’t miss. It took a true show stopper to make us delay it.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Surprise Giraffe posted:

are there preliminary patch notes for next week?

Oh poo poo we’re supposed to patch Tuesday???

(It’s all tested and ready to go. The notes should be out tomorrow. We’ve been slammed with Mech Con prep)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

The Sunspider is a “designed for Mech Con” original, like the Roughneck was last year.

• Locked thread