Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

starkebn posted:

:wtc: so you have to wait for caps to complete?

Yep and if you can't get 750 by then time the timer runs out you tie.
Twitch chat hates the idea

Raged fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Feb 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
45 minutes in and no mention of ban wave. A lot of people are asking about it

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Here is the run down.

Archer

Russ admits they are bad at catching bugs because the don't test much

New Game mode no one will play. King of the Hill.

Polar is a good map.

Changes to conquest. Bad changes

New pilot texture this month. Russ had no idea the pics were out already

2k mech textures coming soon

If you do to much team damage or team kill get a penalty
1st 10 sec till can play again
2nd and on more time
Also more money lost for team damage
Resets every 8 hours. Also counts in CW
All so CS doesn't have to do anything

New trial mechs

9 new champion mechs and mastery packs

Ban Wave: sensitive subject, bunch of bullshit blahhhhh blahhhhh. MWO is as full proof as any other game. Our game is hard to cheat in. We do better than other game devs.

Blahhh blahh blahhh blahhh. Very few cheaters in MWO. Less than you realise. We have certain tech that tells us this. Less than 1 percent. A couple dozen.

Some players have not logged since announcement. We may only ban 1 or 2 people at a time and not do a name and shame list.

Tourney final will be held on site so no cheating there. We are creating ways to detect in other rounds.

Late March the tourney website will be up
Team size is 8v8

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Skoll posted:

Nothing about deck-als?

Nope just more talk about the tourney. Twitch chat isn't buying what Russ is selling when it comes to the ban wave.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Unhappy Meal posted:

A good change, because now I don't have to respect people's firing lines anymore. I just run right in and cost them a bunch of C-bills.

Yep, only way it could be better is if I got paid for getting hit.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Does anyone know how many people in total MWO has banned since launch? I only can find the one ban wave of 64.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Marshall Louis posted:

Russ says that they are looking at a Cryengine update, or possibly going to another engine entirely

Unreal = no more Helios?

Do you really think this team could transfer this game to a new engine? Really?

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Oh Snapple! posted:

Did they talk more about ban stuff during the Q&A?

Russ blew a lot of smoke up our asses and said there is a tiny fraction cheating. Only a couple dozen. Said they might not even name and shame and only ban one or two at a time.

Which of course means they are not banning anyone at all. Because anyone who plays CW could name you a couple dozen off the top of their head.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

taqueso posted:

wut? I mean, he really said that??

The moron probably thinks they could cut and paste it.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Oh Snapple! posted:

Right I caught that, I was mostly just curious as to if something else had been said that sparked the additional comments toward the end of the last page.

Either way stating that they ain't naming and shaming insures that no one is going to believe them if they say they've banned anyone.

Got to love when -MS- is in the twitch chat yelling at everyone calling them cheaters.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Great Beer posted:

Name a couple of dozen.

Easy, 228, -MS- and all the other units that are so well know that it's become and a joke to half the dang game population.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I think people asking for LAMs forget that they tended to die horribly if a small child blew bubbles at them.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I have the TBR D & S and have seen people say get the prime as the third one. I also see everyone say that the prime CT is trash. Why is it trash and would I be screwing myself by getting the C instead?

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Anyone noticing that if you quit out after dying in a match and quitting out that you don't get money or exp from it. Kept track of it the last few matches and nothing showed up.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Washout posted:

Idk if you ever played with me while I was playing the missile murder god lord of the battlefield but that thing is amazing. I switched to this stupid 2xsrm6, 4xsrm2 build because of ghost heat and just heat issues in general but it's still amazing. Easily cranking out 600 damage games with 4 kills. I might change it to be even dumber with 4xsrm6 and 2xsrm2 just for the largest no ghost heat alpha possible. Everyone primaries you now though because it finally dawned on pubs how deadly it is. 6xsrm4 is probably the best but it overheats like a motherfucker.

This and the 6x SPL ACH just murders dumb teams that get spread out. It's easier with the ACH due to ECM. Also these two mechs are the only ones I ever want to use on alpine and polar. Just so much room so you can loop around to the back of a team and core them one by one.

We better have fun with it now since Captain Dipshit wants to nerf alpha strikes.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Whelp, I quit playing when ghost heat first came in. Came back to kill time before The Division came out. Guess I'll see you guys in another 3 years.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
The reason old players here are dreading this is because Russ and gang are pretty drat incompetent when it comes to changing things. Time and time again they put something in with NO TESTING. Russ even admitted it during the last town hall. PGI in general has lost every ounce of goodwill players had for them. Players can point to out a dumb amount of stupid decisions that Russ has made. I honestly don't know how he still has a job. He is that incompetent.

Saying it might not be a bad change is like wondering if sticking your tongue in a light socket is going to electrocute you this time.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

DancingShade posted:

The phoenix hawk is exactly the IS medium I've been waiting for. I just hope the size is scaled well with the tonnage.

It's probably going to be the IS version of the shadow cat in a brawl though.

I'm going to zombie mine with medium pulses and machineguns :v:

Sucker

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Pattonesque posted:

you know once the Phoenix Hawk is out for fake money, you can do some interesting things with it.

One theorycraft I saw was this for the energyboat:

PHX-1K
Just endo
XL325 = 125 kph
8 small pulse lasers
Full armor -2 on head
16 double heatsinks

No jets but I think that could be pretty good?

You can also do a gauss/2ML sniper with three tons of ammo on the -1B, and you'd be going 104 with an XL270

not gamebreaking but probably p. viable

the heroes will both likely be bad though

But they will be nerfing alpha strikes en mass weapon firing

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Of course Russ loves to play one of the shittiest mechs in the game.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Ok, dumb question. There are no TACs in MWO right????

Only ask because I had 3 TBRs blown up by the first hit they took from the same guy who was at least 800m away in CW. I'm talking unscratched to dead with my armor on the paperdoll showing everything intact on the first 2 deaths only the last death showed both side torso blown out from one salvo.. No other enemies around. I wasn't even in the same spot on the map those 3 times and i was going full speed. I have had a few deaths that were bullshit but this is some next level poo poo.

Edit: Why the heck doesn't MWO use Fairfight which some pretty drat good cheat detection.

Raged fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Mar 4, 2016

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Whelp, had a few people on my team just slaughter us. They said they are getting banned for cheating so what else is PGI going to do to them for TKing........

Great job PGI, Great Job.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Artificer posted:

I do not enjoy the Atlas much at all. At least not a brawler build. The lack of range with the AC/20 and the SRMs are just murder. They do a lot of damage when you can get close but so many popular maps that pubbies pick have so many long sightlines that closing the distance is suicide. :(

Patience is your best friend. Let the dumb pubbies lead the charge and engage first. The whole time you are behind a building or cover. When the enemy's attention is drawn or they push closer waltz up and start blasting. Polar it's pretty easy to do but takes forever alpine is harder. Honestly on those maps if it looks like both teams are going to sit and wave to each other for 15 min I'll just charge in shoot poo poo and die. I would rather take the loss and have 2 more matches finished by the time the first one is done.

Also build up you multiplier for choosing game mode. If it looks like alpine of polar is going to be picked always choose conquest. It makes those maps actually fun for lights and assaults.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

A.o.D. posted:

Also, Domination on River City is fundamentally broken. I trust that the central capture point is essentially equidistant from the spawn areas of both sides, but the side with the power plant has longer lines of travel due to the presence of certain obstacles such as the power plant and the row of buildings parallel to the river. Even worse, that side must cross several hundred meters of completely open terrain in order to contest the capture zone, meanwhile, the other side can approach from full cover. Furthermore, the power plant side must either mount six jumpjets (approximately) to vault to the citadel, or travel over a kilometer and a half extra distance in order to be able to fight on level ground.

The only hope the power plant side has in that game mode is if the other team brought absolutely nothing but SRMs and medium lasers, otherwise, they'll get picked apart as they're forced to make a death march just to contest the capture point. Approaching it from cover allows the other side enough time to end the match without a shot fired.

Russ said it durning the last town hall. The don't do testing

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Pattonesque posted:

RIP Firestarter/Wolfhound

That is just pants on head retarded...

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Stop giving this poo poo company money you fools. Play it for free till they die.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Anyone but PGI, please anyone but PGI

gently caress I would rather Gearbox did it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz8Y1V8gy1A
How does that trailer look worse than the trailer that got put out years and years ago.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Flagellum posted:

mw 5 is going to be really bad

source: flagellum, mwo legendary founder

So says Raged Legendary Founder who lives in a house of shame and regret.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

DancingShade posted:

One benefit to this new mech experience system: No more having to basic x3 or elite x3 (the first time around) a chassis to unlock the higher tier skills.

This is PGI we are talking about. The will replace having to master 3 mechs with something far, far worse. Look deep inside yourself and you will know this to be true.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I was going to start playing again. Glad :pgi: did me a favour and helped prevent that.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

For playing a mode that is the equivalent of hitting your dick with a hammer those rewards are poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Anita Dickinme posted:

I'm done with this gaem, someone make a new OP. TIA

ninja e: *for now. I know in a month I'll reinstall because I'm broken.

2 weeks till the Battletech beta.

• Locked thread