Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

TjyvTompa posted:

I can't get over how loving retarded all the mechs look in the drawings. The person who drew all of these (why is it the same guy drawing all of them?) can't even draw perspectives!

Man, compare how the Huntsman (Nobori-nin) looks in the TRO drawing to how it looks in MWO. Flyingdebris is a pretty drat good artist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

I may be playing tis game again, but I am buying mechs with c-bills. gently caress spending money on it.

Can't you even get 'free' mechbays from the community warfare poo poo now? Or these bullshit supply caches?

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Oh you only get one item? I thought you got all 8? gently caress, selling all my caches then.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Rhymenoserous posted:

literally taken out of the game because goons went bowling for russ one day in dragons.

Yeah, I was showing a friend that video the other day. <3 Paul.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Willfrey posted:

Flashing mech lights, all sorts of funny horns that go off after a kill, goofy googly eye decals on mechs with neon paint jobs...

I am so immersed in the Battletech universe.

Maybe the can sell me sparkle skins, or change my footprints to be t-rex prints, or make my autocannons leave green splatter decals, or turn my damaged mech smoke orange. Maybe instead of cockpit items you can sell external items, like a bunch of baloons floating over my mech!

PGI! You are leaving money on the table!

May as well go silly in a game that lets you strip down and rebuild any mech however you want (hell, IS mechs are more customizable than omnis in MWO) despite this very much not being a thing in-universe.

If anything I treat MWO as something like 'BattleTech EXTREME' so why the gently caress not have horns that go off when you get a kill.

(I still think the hero Highlander should have played big hair rock and roll all match to everyone in the game, as the pilot was known to do in the fluff though)

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Artificer posted:

In universe you never would get any of the customization in any of the games, so that part of the argument is irrelevant.

So you're saying that every single Mechwarrior game has had lovely implementations of customization?

Cool, we agree.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Artificer posted:

That was always the best part of the games, though.

Meh, it results in dumb things like gausscats and the current laser vomit meta and poo poo. People just pick one or two weapon types to boat, and it ends up shortening TTK so you can't get a proper mechbrawl going on.

In other news, actually tempting:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

aniviron posted:

Apparently the Urbanmech is the new Ubermëch on the PTS because agility is now decoupled from engine size. Every light from the zippiest Jenners to the slowest Adders got agility nerfs, except the Urbanmech which is now much more perky, especially if you're going for std60 builds.

I'm one of the weirdos who advocates for stock engine ratings and even I don't have the patience to play a STD60 Urbanmech.

The match is half over before you get anywhere in one of those.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Fil5000 posted:

If I remember the engine maths correctly, am I right in saying you can only do like 34kph in that?

Yeah, the stock Urby moves at 34kph (and 38 or something with speed tweak). A 120 brings it to 64/68 kph and a 180 (largest it can handle) to ~92/97kph.

Notably the STD60 engine in MWO weighs -2.5 (negative tons) which I think they did to get the thing to work at all.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Zebulon posted:

Leave it to PGI to listen to the players on one or two specific things, fix one, and gently caress up the other even worse. That new weapons skill tree is a god drat abortion.

I haven't looked into it too closely, but from what I've sen it just looks like everyone will default to grabbing the durability, sensor, upper/lower mobility trees on every mech and just not speccing for weapons because gently caress having to pay c-bills to respec. Am I wrong?

Also, this build may not be 'good' but it's fun as hell to play:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

I don't see how that's needed. So hot maps 'punish' laser spam, so what. Bring ballistics or missiles.

Now what should get a c-bill bonus is shooting down missiles with AMS. If you got money for it people might actually carry it.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Cyrano4747 posted:

It's a problem because you can't pick your builds with knowledge of what map is coming up, so anyone with a build that runs hot always picks the cold maps.

You could always switch builds to one that runs less hot. Or if you decide to stick with a bunch of lasers you just have to deal with the fact that a hot map hinders you more than someone with ballistics or missiles.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

^^^: Probably make a good laser vomit build then. Urbies kind of disappoint me in that I want to mount dakka on them but a UAC5/AC10/LB10X is pretty much as big as you can go; you can fit an AC20 on, sure, but you have to make a bunch of sacrifices to also get ammo for it.

Oh Snapple! posted:

What's up with the new tree.

Instead of having trees for each type of weapon, it has one 'weaponry' tree that has everything in it. Agnostic nodes like cooldown, heat generation and such but also type-spcific (velocity for ACs, beam duration for lasers, etc) so you can find yourself having to 'waste' points on some nodes to get to the ones you want.

I think that's what everyone is talking about, anyway.

Oh, the mobility trees got merged too, now it's one big tree split down the middle, with the lower torso stuff on one side and the upper torso on the other. But all the Speed Tweak nodes are at the very bottom, so if you want all of them you have to go down both sides of the tree.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Commoners posted:

Also lmao holy poo poo you can get 6 coolshot 18s with the miscellaneous skill tree.

E: oh wait, you can't equip multiple coolshots. Misc skill tree still pretty bad.

I don't know if you can equip 6 but you can do at least two, one of the preview vids (from Snuggles Time maybe?) showed that, there's a node further down the tree that 'unlocks' the ability to equip two coolshots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Oh dear lord, I forgot I had this account:

• Locked thread