Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos
the gently caress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos
that jenner is going to be nasty

hitboxes look kinda bad though

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos
i'd buy a jenner iic right now if i were able to get the 4th variant but pgi is bad at business, literally

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos
tribes ascend rises from the ashes on the same day mechwarrior is released on steam

is this 2012 or 1998? not that i'm complaining :D

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos

Nickiepoo posted:

I've done this plus an LBX-10 because maybe clan LBX-10s aren't terrible? Please tell me that I'm terrible if this is the case.

here's a secret, LBX-10s have never been terrible and have always been amazing in brawls and taking out lights

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos

A Curvy Goonette posted:

well steam release sure is a thing. also the people talking about getting PGI to censor the steam forums is a treat.

how is that a treat when that is basically the norm?

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos

Anita Dickinme posted:

If you downloaded a game and played it for a predetermined amount of time just to write a bad review there's more than likely something wrong mentally.

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos

KyloWinter posted:

I really want that pre order bonus jenner iic. What gives PGI?

they're dumb

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos

Finster Dexter posted:

Hahahahahaha NOPE

Bringing back brawling (and only one aspect of brawling, i.e. SRMs) is a LONG way from "a pretty good place".

naw, game is in a great place

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos

Chomp8645 posted:

Are machine guns useable or are they just wastes of space now? I know they were in balance flux for a long time.

never take machine guns unless you can pack at least four. two machine guns does next to absolutely nothing to open components, four does decent damage and six shreds.

i had tested this extensively in the training grounds to figure exactly how much of a waste of space the two mgs on the pirate bane were

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos
watching streamers try this game out is fascinating

edit: and wol dropped with them

teepo fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Dec 12, 2015

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos

Rape Stink posted:

For the new people: Mechlabing between every match is bad form. Build your robot and stick with it. Mechlab after the group disbands

the gently caress is this poo poo? there is absolutely nothing wrong with tweaking your builds or outright redoing them and we should be helping the new players ease in. but yea, do everyone a solid and leave if you're going to take awhile.

DancingShade posted:

Triple AC5 is criminally under rated. Yeah it's only 15 damage, but it's 15 damage with a massive range, great refire rate and practically zero heat. With 8 tons of ammo you can do over a thousand damage before running dry.

Toss in a couple extra lasers or something and you're golden. So good.

triple ac5s on the ilya is nasty

teepo fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Dec 13, 2015

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos
the only time damage is only a bad metric is when most of the damage comes from streaks and lrms

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos

kingcom posted:

Is this the hack thats like on the first page of google and costs a subscription fee? Cause if so lol even harder.

yes and it's the same hack from since the early closed beta

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos
pretty sure i encountered my first cheater since having come back. dude was insta-gibbing our team and both times he focused on me, his laser was locked on my center torso with the laser literally center perfect right below the cockpit

i reported him though i doubt it matters, c'mon PGI

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos

Anita Dickinme posted:

I feel like this is completely the opposite. When I first started I could do well in anything but playing a light I actually had to practice and learn how to not die instantly, and I'm still learning.

That is to say lights are definitely more forgiving if mistakes are made, they can just dip out; other weight classes not so much.

this was probably true when everyone was running around in jenners which can still easily be one shotted but arctic cheetahs and quirked out firestarters are entirely different beasts.

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos
i'm hoping for a mc and hero sale similar to the last one so i can buy the IV-Four and whatever else with $15

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos
can GIRL and WoL rotate through the factions so we can get those free ez mech bays or is that no longer possible?

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos

god damnit, might as well buy it

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos

Devorum posted:

Sadly, that is the early adopter variant.

mother fuckers

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos

veedubfreak posted:

The IIC mechs are IS mechs for CW right?

Also, tier 3 pub drops are a steaming pile of poo poo. The amount of window licking t5s in the queue is staggering.

tier 3 in general is just some lovely middle ground where you really don't know what type of match you'll be dropping in. why they decided to go with 5 tiers instead of say 10 or 20 is beyond me.

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos

Mindblast posted:

Is that last bit internet sarcasm or are you serious. :v:

do you not understand how having a wider range of tiers would improve the matchmaker? :v:

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos

sebmojo posted:

Is there a good build for a cicada 3c?

yes, 1erppc, 4mgs and an xl340

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos

Bentai posted:

Is it worth chucking the CBills at the weapon modules for range/cooldown?

yes, absolutely

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos

!@#$ crabs go 124kmph? or did

i know what my next mech is

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos
how easy is it to get MC from the event? i need about 175 more to buy a Jester

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos

Drakes posted:

Wished the bog map had like 50% less bloom/mist/fog/foliage, its kind of hard to focus on anything in the distance.

i wish it had most mist and fog which it apparently did

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos
i bought an IV-Four and it is loving glorious

that is all

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos

Devorum posted:

Are Quickdraws good? I never see them.

the 5k and 4g are very good but the iv-four is considered by many to be a terrible mech, basically bottom tier

Bait and Swatch posted:

What did you put on it? I put two AC10s on mine and just run around making boom noises.

E: For anyone who played planetside, my wife, a couple friends and I just teamed with BUzzCutPsycho and his "The Enclave" cronies.

2lb10x, 2ml, 1jj, x290

so loving fun

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Today i learned that a 100 ton mech with 95 tons loadout still has 100 tons.
loving poo poo.

i was watching a group of four or five twitch streamers during the initial steam launch who assumed that if you had free tonnage in your load-out, your mech slightly moved faster.

teepo fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Dec 29, 2015

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos
today i learned clan streak srms have a range of 360m

i hate streakcrows even more

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos

Zernach posted:

Added my name to the WoL list, ingame name is Zernach.

I like PPCs entirely too much because the AWS-8Q just clicks with me, are any of the IS mediums with PPC quirks any good?

cicada-3c :D

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos

Takkaryx posted:

I got the marmoset, and have been trying to find a good fit for it, but that's mostly because I'm new. Should I be packing ballistics because if the perks, or just 3 large lasers? Gauss? Help :ohdear:

3x AC5s, 3x MLS

Beet Wagon posted:

I think the Firebrand is still considered okay. I mean it's a Jagermech so it has sides made of glass but high mounts and a mix of ballistic and energy.

Dunno about the Ilya, but Cataphracts are always okay. I think the new Thunderbolt hero is generally regarded as okay, but I don't see many of them.

Misery is baller as gently caress though.

the firebrand is a criminally underrated for its versatility

teepo fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Dec 30, 2015

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos

Oh Snapple! posted:

All of us literally died immediately in one shot so no one actually had a chance to see.

either this is a gross exaggeration or there is some sort of damage modifier hack out there because obviously an oxide can not literally do that

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos
recently some lord guy literally cored my fresh highlander with a single alpha strike from his bj1x and i'm still struggling to come up with an explanation

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos
a jester with 6mpls, xl355 and 2jj can vomit lasers all day

can't wait for the catapult -- aswell as the quickdraw -- to be rescaled

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos

Sharks Dont Sleep posted:

^^ TTK wasn't as bad in beta, no. But what happened is that they added clan mechs (which basically had higher alphas on guns with higher range) and changed drop teams per match from 8 mechs to 12. So you had 50% more mechs per match, many of which could be clan and have better guns. With organized groups who can aim? TTK tanked.

they also introduced HSR and fixed a lot of hit registry issues

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos
since there seems to be discussion on hero mechs with the sale ending and all, i thought i'd quickly chime in seeing as i own way too many

the huggin is still plenty good but has been outclassed by the oxide. i'd take a pirate bane over the ember, which has been completely sidelined post quirks and mg nerf and the death's knell could seriously use more arm armor.

the sparky is basically a much better quickdraw-5k. the arrow can boat large lasers quite well and also shreds with 2lpl/6mgs. buying an x5 is mandatory if you're a persian and despite having become quite good with the recent changes, the 2b is still better. i wish i could still recommend the grid iron

jesters are one of the best laser boats around with hardpoints that shoot over everything. the firebrand offers a lot of utility but doesn't excel at a single thing. the ilya only becomes a good mech when it is built around an xl340. the iv-four is arguably one of the worst mechs in the game but could become quite serviceable if the resealing also fixes the quickdraw's low slung arms. the flame is still god tier though you're probably some sort of philistine and wouldn't understand.

imo, the sparky and jester are the two best hero mechs with an oxide and arrow coming in at a close second. i value speed and torso twisting abilities above all else.

teepo fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Dec 31, 2015

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos

ZenVulgarity posted:

The oxide seems to run around and shoot people in the dick with multiple srms

What's probably the best missile boat to get into? One of the clan mechs? I wound up grabbing an oxide and an x-5 and a top dog.

the stormcrow-d or a griffin-3m

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos

Sard posted:

What's the appeal of the X-5? I thought it looked kinda boring and no one ever seems to mention it, let alone recommend it. For that matter, what does the Death's Knell bring to the table for fun or competency?

two reasons, quirks and the dynamic structure hardpoints. now that the cicada has dynamic hardpoints in place and with the addition of quirks, the x5 has become a decent brawler that can sit back and poke at the enemy safely with its generous 35% range quirk and hang with the best of them in a brawl with its ability to spit out srm6s. it plays like a cross between a jenner-d and a hunchback-4sp that goes around 140kmph. you can even remove the srms and boat lasers effectively with its awesome energy quirks. its major draw back is that it is a cicada, meaning you need to have some skill in piloting unlike other lights. in short, it's not the best mech but it's in a very good place atm

and i never said the death's knell really brought anything to the table but since you're curious, it is a more durable locust that looses its arms -- which houses all its energy hardpoints -- far too quickly. any mech that reaches 170kmph is a fun mech in my book

• Locked thread