Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
i want to physically hurt all pubbies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
firestarter for actual damage, or spider if you just want to be an absolutely annoying dickhole.

spider is also a lot cheaper

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

armchairyoda posted:

At best, mech bays if you need 'em. Hopefully when they go on sale, mebbe this Xmas even.
Only buy one-shot camo tho, it doesn't make sense to spend 750-1250 MC for three robots when you can spend 450 MC total to make them pretty.
Colors (maybe?).
A Huggin if you're going Ravens, an Anasi if your going Spiders (the 5V is that bad, skip it), a Pirate's Bane if you go Locust, a Death's Knell if you're GOING COMMANDO (har har har!).
The Jade Falcon warhorn. Never not squawk.

e: NOTHING ELSE.

I bought an Awesome 8V with MC my 1st month while drunk. DO NOT YODA THIS UP FOR YOU TOO.

he said 20,000 not 2,000 :confused:

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

Vorenus posted:

As always, the Golden Rule of MWO: Never give PGI money. Ever.

pls add to op

lol buy a mech and its not available to use for hours because reasons

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
kick all pubbies to death in front of their families imo

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
they'll probably cheer you on

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
itt newbirds trying to school cloaca

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
The CTF3D is a bad robot but my god is it fun gun

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

Fil5000 posted:

Remember when it was the best mech in the game?

Thanks, I thought I'd forgotten.

I haven't mounted a single ppc since the dark times

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

Perestroika posted:

Speaking of the Cataphract, I ended up buying the CTF-4X (the one with four ballistic mounts) because I like dakka and have no impulse control. Any decent builds around for that? My first instinct was stuffing four AC/2s in there which, while potentially hilarious, doesn't seem to be particularly effective.

You want dakka, here you go

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=40&l=adf2c14f372f5be9e4f6384eb0e3af6e9cb6d6ae

left torso is your shield, add a uac cooldown module for EXTREME dakka madness

Banano fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Jan 9, 2016

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
actually no, 2 LPL and MLs on the BLR1G, look at the quirks. i have been pwning the pub queue for 2 years with this thing

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
no

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
yes, don't give pgi money

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

Sard posted:

Is there any way to shoehorn the Raven into a brawly scout role? Besides the Huginn, anyway; I've already got an Oxide and I want something that looks like a Raven and pokes hard with energy weapons for endurance, but doesn't need to do it from a mile away.

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=33&l=b4f54dba5cd8708aff41536d5c58ca1184decc60

go forth and wreck buttes

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

Sard posted:

It still boggles me that as good as clan stuff was for ages, PGI managed to make a robot as iconic for simply beating rear end as the Thor as bad as it is.

Regarding good robots for this event: Gonna be having a lot of fun in the Oxide. That thing is perfect for most damage done assists solo kills on bad Assaults that die after 32~ SRMs to the rear CT. I was thinking of dropping from this XL 280 to a slightly smaller engine to hold a little more ammo but the pages of light mech speed posts have me hesitant. 130ish seems fast enough to me, though. I also saw some other launcher arrangements posted; I thought 4xSRM4 was the best, is it not?

130 is as slow as you'd ever want to go in something that fragile. Using srm6s rather than 4s means you lose a ton of ammo for each one you swap out, and i frequently find myself without ammo in the dregs of the match so probably best to stick with 4s.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
You can do lots of things

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

Drakes posted:

Artemis launchers take up 1 more slot and weight 1 more ton.

I think (hope) he was referring specifically to atlas/heavy builds

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
oxide lance best lance

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
you absolutely can blame pubbies when you are having to co-operate with this sort of thing

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
also since I have managed to find my screenshots despite GabeNs best efforts to hide them from me, and dickwaving scoresheets seeming to be a thing again, have these:

oxide lance best lance:

I'd be interested to see what a full lance of oxides is capable of if anyone wants to try it

that time we legged the remaining arctic cheater and forced him to hobble around the map for 8 minutes looking for us

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
so, new map

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

Love Stole the Day posted:

Proof of Concept:

except the full map is a fun experience for 8v8 not a loving third of it

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
Who was it that said blackjacks are good now? They are loving dogshit

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

Pattonesque posted:

Man they're so good. What are you using on them

BJ3 I was using PPCs because of its silly quirks but I've now dumped them in favour of larges, may switch to ERL if we are stuck playing polar all weekend.

BJ1DC w/ 2ML and 4 MPL

The only reason I bought them is to elite the BJ1X because that robot actually is fun - the other two seem crippled by the small engine cap - you don't move fast enough and can't twist fast enough with a 235.

Being in tier 2 and pubdropping in these things has been an utterly miserable experience, I think my team won twice in twenty games :negative:

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
I know, I'm doing the others so i can elite that chassis

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
So apparently there are only 9 people in WoL now

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

Great Beer posted:

Was anyone actually upset about the current map vote system? Gaming the vote multiplier system is mildly amusing and harmless.

:pgi: are upset and hurt about the fact that the playerbase can now actively avoid their dogshit maps and choose from the ones that are actually half decent.

People consistently avoiding particular pieces of content comes dangerously close to admitting to a mistake for :pgi: even if it's by proxy, and as we all know :pgi: does not make mistakes

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
So number19

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
when is your company going to ban the huge number of people that you acknowledge are cheating in your game

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

Alchenar posted:

If I've snuck up behind someone in a fight I'll sometimes try to time my salvo into their rear ct to be at the same time as he's getting hit by something in the front.

This. Even when people are under fire from lurms but not actually being hit by them they asume that the damage piling into their backs is somehow coming from across the map rather than a small robot man standing behind them

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

Random Number posted:

Are pubbies (and a huge amount of goons) really that tunnel visioned/dumb? I have trouble believing this is most people's first fps.

are you honestly asking this

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

ZenVulgarity posted:

Pubbies are the best

controversial

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
19 are you willing to turn over your customer database to me so that i may fulfill my dream of murdering every single pubbie with my bare hands?

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
lol they replaced the flamer graphic with a sprite from 1997

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

hemale in pain posted:

Is there no way to save different loadouts for 1 mech? I don't wanna have to strip it again and start from scratch if i wanna try out a different build every couple of matches.

oh my sweet summer child

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
paging #19, paging #19

dafuq?

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
:pgi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

Drythe posted:

You may as well kill yourself if you play anything that requires pubbies to push in solo queue, god this is annoying.

I've never seen people so loving afraid to get hurt in a video game

They really are pathetic on the whole. I almost always find myself leading the charge (whether the pubbies follow or not) regardless of what mech i'm piloting. Even if we lose I at least did some damage and it's over that much quicker.

Even in WW2OL, a game where you can be generally be instakilled by anything at any time from any direction, the campiest player is 10 times more aggressive than these shitters

• Locked thread