Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Can I get an invite back into WoL? I want to reap sweet, sweet rewards from this event.

In game name is also Devorum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Chomp8645 posted:

Remember when Transverse failed and they drew up a quick design document for Community Warfare and it was obvious they had done zero work on it up until that point? Even though had been saying for two years they were working really hard on it? So basically they just lied to people for two years?

Man that was funny.

10/3/14...Never forget. :911:

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

A.o.D. posted:

I have, at a minimum, 6 outstanding crowdfunded games in my steam library.

I'll go as far as to say that I've gotten more enjoyment from crowdfunded games in the last 2 years than AAA releases.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

sebmojo posted:

Does anyone remember what the #savemwo key demands were? Iterative balance testing, no ghost heat, ..., ..., ...?

Paul Lied, MWO Died

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Has it been so long since the game was good that we have forgotten that the proper plural is Atloxen?

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

I really wish they'd take collision damage out entirely if they aren't going to let us ram each other.

Losing armor to allies brushing me is getting pretty old.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

I went crazy and thought about putting AC/2s on my Cent-AH to check out their new crit-seeking, and...is there any weapon so poorly balanced in the game as this gun? I can either mount an AC/10 or 2 AC/2s. 3 AC/2s is 4 tons heavier than an AC/20. I get that they fire fast and you get a lot of ammo per ton, but...really?

I'm having a blast in my SRM-30 Stalker in the meantime.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Number19 posted:

I'd go with this Stalker instead:

RHINO STALKER

That combined with these quirks:

Laser Duration: -10%
Missile Weapon Cooldown: 10%
Missile Weapon Range: 15%
Missile Weapon Velocity: 10%
Acceleration: 25%
Deceleration: 25%
Turn Rate: 25%
Torso Angle Yaw: +20°
Torso Yaw Speed: 35%

It is very mean.

Just slapped the medium lasers on and tried it out. It's good, and doesn't seem to run quite as hot SRM-30 and a LL. At some point I should probably consider getting a couple more Stalkers to Elite this thing. the %m has been one of my favorite 'Mechs since it was released. I think I've probably gotten at least 125-150K XP with it over time, even with my long breaks from playing.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Does anyone have a good build for the loyalty Cicada? I've tried it with the stock loadout, and with 4xMPL. The MPL worked ok, but I feel I could eke a little more performance out of it.

I'm seriously considering selling my Grasshoppers and Zeuses. Even now, they just don't seem salvageable.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

I'd like a reinvite, if possible. Devorum in game, too.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Trip report:

A Zeus with 3 SRM6s shoved into the missile arm sucks. So hard.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

TeeMerk posted:

I did this and did well in teh pubbie que

Further testing has it performing...better. Still not on par with heavier assaults, though, so I feel like I'm wasting an assault slot.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

When are they going to put the Archer up for sale so I can make a terrible financial decision?!?

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Jack2142 posted:

I decided to play a game to see how it would go... well I would be very happy to drop with goons because the two matches were poo poo. On my team one of our lances just sat in the back while 2-3 lights Leroy Jenkins into their whole team and died. I tried to harass them with my dual LL & MG Cicada, I killed their raven and centurion before I got swarmed by two firestarters and and a nearly dead executioner and died died. I got the only two kills on our team, I could have got one more on the executioner, but I lost my LL & MG before then so lost a ton of DPS :negative:

PubQueue.txt

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

various cheeses posted:

just gently caress my poo poo up

I got you fam

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Fil5000 posted:

The K is the wrong atlas variant and always will be.

But...but...2 AMS hardpoints!

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Part of me wants to buy the Kit Fox with 3 AMS and load it with nothing but AMS ammo, then loudly announce that people need to stay near me for LRM protection.

"AMS boat here, stay close to stay dry!"

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

teepo posted:

god damnit, might as well buy it

Sadly, that is the early adopter variant.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Nice to see this patch brought back 5 minute match load times for me.

EDIT: And a 5 minute load into the Mechlab after a match.

Devorum fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Dec 16, 2015

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Should I buy a Stalker so I can finally Elite them, or keep saving for a Timberwolf?

Also, I switched my Marmoset from dual gauss to Triple AC/5 today, and it's pretty baller. How much ammo do people usually take? I've got 330 rounds, since the first drop I brought 150 and ran dry before the match was over.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Nuebot posted:

I bought the crab anyway, because it's a crab. :shrug: I don't like the Atlas' weird face. Now begins the slow process of turning this crab into a mega crab. Not sure if I want to go with gauss rifles or just lots and lots of guns.

4 AC/5s is pretty fun in a King Crab. So is 2 AC/20. Dual Gauss isn't in a great place right now.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Nuebot posted:

I like the AC/20's. That's what the trial one uses, right? They had a nice bang to them and once I got over the instinct to just rush at things and spam the fire button they could clean up pretty good. People don't like being shot at by a giant metal crab. I kind of want to give 4AC/5's a shot just to see the difference though. What's the difference between AC/5 and UltraAC/5?

The Ultra version lets you double tap to fire one more time before the cool down is over, but with a chance of jamming the weapon.

4 UAC/5 Crabs are great at making people flee from the nonstop camera shake of being pounded by ballistics.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

https://mwomercs.com/tournaments?t=201512mechs

I hope I get the Grand Prize so I can have 3 CN9-AHs!

Kind of underwhelming after the Champion Timberwolf they gave away last time.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Cyrano4747 posted:

Mechs are survivable enough that camping in a light (in the stationary sense of camping - running circles around a block or peek-n-poke are different things) will make you die fast. With the exception of an assault unloading on a light (and even then maybe not) you're not going to put out enough damage to one-shot drop someone.

I hit a nearly pristine Raven in the center torso with my AC/20 and SRM-18+A yesterday, and it disintegrated.

Felt good.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

frest posted:

Oh wow this free Centurion is a pile of garbage. Std 200, AC/20 and Lrms.

It's significantly less garbage with a refit.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

kingcom posted:

:pgi: dumb invention to try and prevent mechs from boating the same weapon . After a certain number of the same weapon (this number is different for every weapon) is fired with .5 seconds of eachother you get a bunch of extra heat from nowhere. This increases hard for every number you go over the heat spikes hard. I have a battlemaster thats nothing but 5 large lasers and double heatsinks and if i fire all 5 at once im risking overheating.

I have a Nova with 12 small lasers and if I alpha strike I explode pretty much immediately.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

I found the One True AH Build:

3xAC/2, 3xSRM-2.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

It's strange there being enough Word members that I find myself dropping with and against them multiple times a night in the pub queue.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Axetrain posted:

What are the odds of getting a free mech from this stocking stuffer event? As a new player it would be pretty sweet to grab a free mech since I only have one right now.

Some people have gotten them right off, I haven't gotten one in 15 pulls.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Epsilon Plus posted:

dear whoever Psyonic is: I'm sorry I shot up your King Crab. I hope in time that we can be friends.

Also how does this Stormcrow look for someone who only has the B-variant for right now? When I can afford to I'll be picking up the other variants so I can use their parts/master the thing. The UAC/20 chews the gently caress out of heavy/assault backsides and woe betide the medium or light I catch standing still.

Hey, that was the match I dropped in a shitfit Shadowcat just to get my last 250 XP to finish the basic tier on it and died almost immediately!

EDIT: If you were the guy that blew his entire torso and only remaining weapons off, at least.

EDIT 2: Nice Avatar/apology combo.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Best loadout I've spectated today.

Pattonesque posted:

not enough build-shaming in that pic

He died before I could shame him...that laser killed him basically as soon as I clicked over to him. I barely had time to get the screen cap.

Devorum fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Dec 24, 2015

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Drakes posted:

Heres this awesome I saw yesterday

It all came down to a cicada vs him 1v1, he was shot in the face/butt and dieded.

I had a match earlier where the last guy standing on our team was a Mad Dog with 6 LRM 5's.

Unrelated: I'm grinding out my Urbies finally, and it occurred to me that they should get a different skill in the place of Twist X or whatever. What a waste of 2,500 XP.

My first match back in my LPL, 3 ML Urbie went pretty well, I think.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

I like Marauders because they are very easy to kite and kill in a Shadowcat.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Skoll posted:

They call it the Arctic Cheater for a reason.

I run mine with 4 ER-Smalls, 2 SRM4, and ECM and it's like being an invisible god of pain. I rarely get less than 500 damage in it, and I am a T4 Bad.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

various cheeses posted:

Max armor (obviously), Prime torsos, ACH-C arms, whatever legs.

6 Small pulses, ECM, heatsinks.

The Prime legs have very nice acceleration and deceleration quirks. That's a Shadowcat. Don't post tired, people. 6SPL is a better build than mine...but I like having the missiles.

Devorum fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Dec 25, 2015

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Nuebot posted:

I find either they try to ignore you and hope you go away, or they'll drop everything and just start spinning in circles to shoot you even if an assault is walking right up to them to shoot them in the back.

I've managed to turn the entire enemy firing line around more than once by running behind them and just being annoying.

Just let your team know what you're doing so they can be ready to push and that's basically game over.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

How are Crabs? I love them in TT and have been tempted to grab one.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

So that's a resounding yes, then? They're not terribly expensive compared to the Timberwolves I've been eyeing. But as OP as I know Timbers are...they don't really excite me.

vvv Also my reaction.

Devorum fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Dec 25, 2015

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Any of the C/H mechs actually worth it?

Fang, X-5, Pretty Baby, and Death's Knell are basically the best in class.

I can't...if someone accidentally bought one I'd feel bad.

I have an Ilya Muromets and Huginn I enjoy a lot.

I have an X-5 and a Heavy Metal I enjoy much less.

And I have a Flame that I bring out from time to time to remind myself not to give :pgi: money.

Devorum fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Dec 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

It's pretty frustrating watching your team run around like idiots, all chasing one enemy 'Mech while their last remaining light caps all the points and you lose. Seriously...like 7 guys chasing a Jager while a Cheetah capped everything, then wondering why we still lost.

• Locked thread