Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
:siren: There has been a higher than normal level of posting about what "some people/posters" think that has served no real purpose other than as fodder for dunking on their supposed hypocrisy. If the people you're referencing post here, then it should be easy to quote them. If they're notable and are writing articles elsewhere, link it. Otherwise, cut it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

Just Chamber posted:

The fact that people can defend this or hand wave it away as justified is pretty horrific in itself

I'm going to ask again that you and other posters not engage in shadowboxing against what "some people" think. Quote the poster, link the article/tweet/whatever, or save it for your dinner table discussion.

Baronash fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Oct 9, 2023

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

Chillmatic posted:

Can someone help me understand the drive to disprove specific details of certain atrocities while at the same time saying there is no moral difference between a beheaded victim vs. one buried in rubble?

If they’re at the same level of inhumanity, then what difference does it make?

Mod request: It has been a few days, so I'll ask everyone again that if you are ascribing an opinion or behavior to someone (especially posters in this thread), please either quote the person/people you're responding to or link to the article if it's something offsite.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

nesbit37 posted:

A lot of these recent posts are feeling way too much like oct. 7th denial which is too close to holocaust denial IMO. I get they're not saying it didn't happen at all but the event is really getting trivialized.

There’s no need to vaguely wave at what some posters think when you can quote anyone you’re referencing.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

Stringent posted:

Of the year at least!

If you have a point, please actually make it.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

Cut out the dumb cheap shots at your posting enemies masquerading as feedback.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

Szarrukin posted:

The amount of sea lions in this thread is terrifying.

The Science Is Clear. Over 30,000 People Have Died in Gaza - and they clearly state that "actually, the numbers are likely conservative."

Please make it clear who you're responding to, not just "the thread." That's what quoting is for.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

I'm very comfortable with those probes, and if you want to ask about them feel free to PM me. And if you want to complain about my modding, feel free to PM Koos. But the I/P thread is not going to be the venue for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

We’ve seen your feedback. If you have any additional comments, feel free to send me a PM. Please let the thread get back to its regularly scheduled programming.

Baronash fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Apr 23, 2024