Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Re-posting from the Trump thread, wanted to ask here too...

Let me get this straight. What Israel is saying about the Palestinian problem right now is that Israel should continue reigning on the parts of Palestine they have conquered...forever?

So, what are the Palestinians to do? Join Israel as second rate citizens?

I don't get it. Isn't that pretty much the status quo right now? I mean, not in label terms (as BiBi said), but in essence.

The only change would be that the Palestinians would have to officially acknowledge their overlords (the first per-requisite, as he said).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

“In the business world, when I was back in the business world, when a deal was tough, people would jokingly refer to it as, ‘This is tougher than Israel and the Palestinians getting together,’ ” Trump said as he welcomed Netanyahu for an Oval Office briefing on the secretive package. “And that’s what I’ve heard all my life, and so we’ll see what happens. We have something that makes a lot of sense for everybody.”

Trump predicted that “we will ultimately have the support of the Palestinians” but also appeared to confirm expectations that the White House proposals are generous to close ally Israel. “That’s a plan that Bibi, maybe, and his opponent, I must say, they have to like very much,” Trump said, calling Netanyahu by his nickname.

“There are a lot of goodies in there for the Palestinians — a lot — but by no means all of what they have long sought,” one of the people said.

“They have within their grasp a state” if they meet certain security and political benchmarks, that person said.

Trump said many Arab states have signed on to his approach. “They like it. They think it’s great. They think it’s a big start,” Trump said, without identifying any by name. “I think it’s a big start, too. I think it’s a fantastic thing if we can pull it off. They say it’s probably the most difficult deal anywhere and of any kind to make.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...6617_story.html

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

'Clever girl'

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

By popular demand posted:

The ultra orthodox aren't popular outside their small sphere of influence, but there's a chance for the government to go HARD right. We should all be worried about that.

Wait, you mean that all these years we actually saw the tame/moderate version??

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Hundreds of thousands take to the streets after Netanyahu fires defense minister
https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog-march-26-2023/

O_O

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

punishedkissinger posted:

This is the first time in recent memory where there was just too much carnage from Israel's war crimes to hide too. I think people are just not actually on board with violence that they can see.

Things are going to get a lot worse. Israel war crimes are only going to escalate.

This is a tragedy, for Joe Biden. :smith:

Dante80 fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Oct 31, 2023

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Pvt. Parts posted:

Yes, they are Big Bad Guy, be sure to never give them any credit even when it's staring you in the face.

Give them credit for what? Committing war crimes without even giving enough fucks to try and mask/hide/deny them anymore?
I sincerely don't understand..

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Pvt. Parts posted:

Literally yes. Which may sound funny but for anyone actually looking to approach things systematically it's not nothing. Imagine someone on trial for a crime they admit to vs. someone who does not, very different situations and it should be obvious why to anyone trying to play third-party.

It also brings credence to the idea that IDF can be a trusted voice on their bombing campaign if they admit to striking a refugee camp. Maybe that "Israeli airstrike" that hit that hospital parking lot that had 500 confirmed deaths not even a few hours later wasn't the doings of IDF, as they seem to be openly reporting their targets. And so on.

Thanks, I understand your argument now (although I disagree with the second sentence).

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

B B posted:

Israel has just provided incredibly solid evidence that Hamas terrorists were ordered to play with the severed heads of dead Israelis. The tweet contains audio only, but I am doing a :nms: to prevent any auto-play accidents for people who don't want to hear the audio.

https://twitter.com/Israel/status/1720101971430875584

You monsters!

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Glah posted:

Puma is easy to boycott because always been more of an Adidas guy,

Funny thing..

The company was founded in 1948 by Rudolf Dassler (1898–1974). In 1924, Rudolf and his brother Adolf "Adi" Dassler had jointly formed the company Gebrüder Dassler Schuhfabrik ('Dassler Brothers Shoe Factory').

Both brothers joined the Nazi Party, but Rudolf was a keen Nazi, who applied to join, and was accepted into the Gestapo; they produced boots for the Wehrmacht. A growing rift between the brothers reached a breaking point during a 1943 Allied bomb attack. Adi and his wife climbed into a bomb shelter that Rudolf and his family were already in. "Here are the bloody bastards again," Adi remarked, apparently referring to the Allied war planes, but Rudolf, due to his apparent insecurity, was convinced his brother meant him and his family. When Rudolf was later picked up by American soldiers and accused of being a member of the Waffen SS, he was convinced that his brother had turned him in.

After increasingly different views of how to run the business, the brothers split the business in 1948. Rudolf moved to the other side of the Aurach River to start his own company. Adolf started his own company using a name he formed using his nickname—Adi—and the first three letters of his last name—Das—to establish Adidas. Rudolf created a new firm that he called "Ruda", from "Ru" in Rudolf and "Da" in Dassler. A few months later, Rudolf's company changed its name to Puma Schuhfabrik Rudolf Dassler.

Puma and Adidas entered a fierce and bitter rivalry after the split. The town of Herzogenaurach was divided on the issue, leading to the nickname "the town of bent necks"—people looked down to see which shoes strangers wore.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Google Jeb Bush posted:

this entire thread is deeply horrifying despite not being graphic at all, everything between the lines is extremely loving bad

You really don't have to be graphic to become deeply horrifying, as far as this subject is concerned.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

All things considered, Iran's response to the consulate attack can be considered pretty measured, comprehensive and effective at the same time.

In no way could this be objectively considered an escalation.

Not that it would matter though, the regime in Israel would take literally anything as an escalation, anyway.

Iran has every right to defend itself.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Satellite images don’t appear to show extensive damage to Iran’s Isfahan air base allegedly targeted by IDF

Extremely interesting that Israel's offensive was so muted. Perhaps the last thing I would expect from the Netanyahu regime in this case would be...prudence.

Which means either:

1. They definitely got a Rafah green light for this.

2. Iran's attack with only 120 ballistic missiles significantly reduced Israel's air defense stockpiles (heard cost up to $1.3Bn for allied defense, and 2 years of production at least for replacing the air defense assets used according to West Points' MWI). The Iranians have some 3,000 ballistic missiles ready to fire, not counting cruise missiles and drones etc.

3. They have hit Iran elsewhere and both sides are silent for internal consumption reasons.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Bar Ran Dun posted:

“The pier will initially enable the transfer of about 90 truckloads of aid per day, the official said, and will eventually ramp up to 150 truckloads per day at full capacity.”

150 truck loads is going to be a approximately 300 Metric Tons of food aid a day, perpetually.

That’s about 661,386 pounds a day. A western diet is usually 3-5 pounds of prepared food day. Food aid is going to be more efficient weight wise than that. It’s enough to feed everybody once they get it going.

That’s the opposite of performative.

How many people do you think are in Gaza right now, and how much food would they need to eat each day to stem famine?

Remember, the sole reason people are starving right now is because US and Israel specifically wish them to.

Dante80 fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Apr 28, 2024

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

radmonger posted:

It should not be forgotten that there are two cooperating groups who want a genocide of Palestinians by Israel, , and only one of them is Israeli.

It’s a fundamental, but sadly common, mistake of analysis to suggest that Hamas and the Israeli government are somehow opposed. The point of divergence in what they want is at least a decade in the future. Until then, they are strategic allies of necessity.

wat

No, Hamas does not want IDF to genocide the Palestinian population in Gaza.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Shageletic posted:

Are you saying pro Israeli Democrats will vote for Trump? What's your proof?

I think they are saying that the Democratic party would lose more votes to Trump by not supporting the genocide than those by having some people vote third party or not turn up by supporting it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Israeli official said to threaten bigger Rafah op, slam mediators as being on Hamas’s side

The Kan public broadcaster quotes an unnamed Israeli official involved in the hostage deal negotiations as slamming Egypt, Qatar and the United States for their conduct in the talks so far, charging that “the mediators acted fully on Hamas’s side.”

“If there is no change of approach by the mediators and Hamas, we are on the way to an expansion of the [military] activities in Rafah,” the official says, adding that Hamas’s new counter-proposal “is a non-starter for us.”