Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Sounds like unfortunate but unavoidable economic collateral damage in service of attaining their primary goal to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Kalit posted:

E: Nevermind, blanked on the stupid joke

E: nm

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I wouldn't put any stock in any potential ceasefire deals/announcements until we hear what Hamas has to say about it.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Illmade posted:

Incredible moral clarity.

"I condemn the holocaust (the holocaust didn't happen)."

Hundreds of eyewitness accounts and videos of Hamas dragging naked corpses and women with bloody pants through the streets aren't enough for you. Sure the blood-crazed terrorists went door to door executing families and slaughtered an entire festival of civilians. But rape? Impossible! How dare you besmirch the good name of Hamas!

Hundreds of eyewitness accounts? May I see them?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Caros posted:

You realize Donald trump exists, right?

If he was president, the Democrats would have to at least pretend to try and oppose him.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
You're absolutely right. It's because they support the genocide and hope to see it finished.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Israel has proven time and again it will not, so in reality the only solution is one state called Palestine.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

teen witch posted:

Off topic but on topic: I’ve heard that Israel plans on moving over a million displaced Palestinians to humanitarian islands before bombing Rafah to poo poo?

So far this is what I’ve found.

Humanitarian islands is a bizarre phrase to contemplate.

It sounds weird because they're trying to avoid saying concentration camps.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
By pushback do you mean his many empty words, or the many arms shipments to Israel?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
It's pretty funny that whataboutism is the only defense left to Israel supporters.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
It does seem that they're doing a simultaneous missile launch.

https://twitter.com/ynetalerts/status/1779244998665384045

quote:

The Iranian attack: Cruise missiles were also launched at Israel
http://bit.ly/3Jl9qSV

Son of Thunderbeast fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Apr 13, 2024

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Charliegrs posted:

Israel's targe in the consulate bombing was military. The target was the high ranking Quds force officials that were inside the consulate. Of course it was incredibly dumb to kill them there, but the target wasn't the consulate itself.

This might be the dumbest possible hair to split.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

RealityWarCriminal posted:

many are saying the hypocrisy is the worst part

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

moths posted:

Exactly what discussion is possible when you can be ejected for appearing to be unfair to American media?

Discussion that is only deferential to and unquestioning of American media, as desired.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Its true indispensable export is power projection in the middle east.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Discendo Vox posted:

Why are there shitposting nihilists here?

On the Something Awful Forums? I wonder if you can puzzle that one out yourself, professor.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Charliegrs posted:

Yes? Why is that so hard to believe. You think Hamas cares about the Palestinian people?

You think they don't?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Bar Ran Dun posted:

It was known well before the attacks in October 23 that Isreal always overreacts to an extreme degree. They knew before doing the attacks on the scale they did in Oct that the overreaction from Isreal would be extremely bad for everybody in Gaza. They might not have realized it would be genocide bad.

The Saudi’s / Egypt normalizing with Israel would have been an existential problem for Hamas as a group and that’s probably why it all happened.

So is your position that Hamas doesn't care about the Palestinian people?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Bar Ran Dun posted:

No, that’s incorrect. That’s why I list 1) and 2) . These dynamics have been ongoing for a very long time.

1) Israel’s overreaction was extremely predictable.
2) Hamas would have been very very aware of 1).
3) They chose to attack in Oct 2023.

And you bring this up in response to a question of whether or not someone else believed Hamas doesn't care about the Palestinian people. Are we to believe that your answer is a non sequitur? Or do you have a position that you're unwilling to state plainly?

Here, I'll even go first: I believe Hamas cares about the welfare of the Palestinian people.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Bar Ran Dun posted:

I’m saying the current rhetoric is simplistic and dualistic.

You've said this several times, yet you've never said it's wrong.

Something can be simplistic and dualistic, and still correct. Like this.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

VitalSigns posted:

Has anyone actually argued that Hamas is unaware of Israel's tactics? I think it is plain that Hamas is very familiar with how Israel operates. Israel has a long history of disproportionate responses to attacks, Hamas couldn't possibly not know about it.

I'm not really sure who you're disagreeing with or why you're harping so much on information everyone already knows.

It's because he doesn't want to outright state that he doesn't think Hamas doesn't care about Palestinians, so he hides behind "well it's an organization not an individual also it's complicated"

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Randalor posted:

Can I just ask you to clarify this a bit? It really sounds like you're blaming Hamas for any deal falling through when it's Israel saying "We will not end the war no matter what".

They're saying don't buy any media stories about a ceasefire agreement until Hamas themselves actually say "we've agreed to it," which hasn't happened

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Gucci Loafers posted:

In the scheme of things, it's not that he doesn't need those votes. It's those are the least of a priority.

Again, if you or anyone else has information that a particular demographic could that deeply cares about I/P could significantly influence the election I'd love to see it.
Don't worry, I'm sure we'll all see come November.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Bar Ran Dun posted:

No.

Both groups involved perceive themselves as protecting and defending the populations they are within.

This doesn't count as "cares about" to you? Why not just answer yes?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

DeadlyMuffin posted:

Is anyone saying this, or are you making up someone to be mad at?

They appear to be commenting on observable reality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Szarrukin posted:

They need exactly one friend, everyone else is just "look, everyone is antisemitic, we must defend ourselves!" propaganda fuel.

In addition, the friend is also "everyone is antisemitic" propaganda fuel.