Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
2015 was an amazing year for games. I most likely wont be done with this year til the end of next year, which is good. This leads me to my fear that next year will be a gaming drought, is there anything on the horizon to ease these fears? I feel like 2015 was to good and now my expectations are all out of wack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

nier and dark souls

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010

SM64Guy posted:

nier and dark souls

is dark souls 3 confirmed for 2016? That would be great

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Usenet Magic-User posted:

is dark souls 3 confirmed for 2016? That would be great

april :-)

Judge Ito Boxing
Oct 29, 2011

There's a lot of value in the public being able to see how the system works.
If you ate up all this year's poo poo what's gonna keep you from eating all of next year's

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
this isn't everything that's been given a date but it's some stuff that's probably gonna be pretty decent at worst

january:
mario and luigi paper jam for non-euros
the deadly tower of monsters
dragons dogma for pc

february:
gravity rush remastered
xcom 2
dying light expansion and update
street fighter v
fire emblem fates
far cry primal for consoles
more telltale walking dead
rocket league for the bone

march:
far cry primal for pc
twilight princess hd
hitman
uncharted 4
killer instinct season 3 and pc version
day of the tentacle remastered
hyrule warriors 3ds

april:
quantum break
dark souls 3
rachet & clank
star fox zero
total warhammer

may:
mirror's edge 2
battleborn

june:
no man's sky
we happy few

august:
deus ex

october:
yooka-laylee

december:
divinity original sin 2

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

Judge Ito Boxing posted:

If you ate up all this year's poo poo what's gonna keep you from eating all of next year's

Kindly elaborate.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Judge Ito Boxing posted:

U got something against videogames?

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

The Kins posted:

this isn't everything that's been given a date but it's some stuff that's probably gonna be pretty decent at worst

more telltale walking dead

Oh Awesome, just Awesome. I love me some Telltale games and when you throw my favorite show into the mix? match made in Heaven. this is spectacular news.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Judge Ito Boxing posted:

Hell, I like this guy. He's got an edge, and a sweet name/av combination that reminds all us 90s kids of some good laughs that we got from current events.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
dark souls 3, deus ex, nier 2, xcom 2, hitman, persona 5

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

there's a bunch of stuff coming out next year as well, OP.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Judge Ito Boxing posted:

eat up all of my freaking rear end.

Judge Ito Boxing
Oct 29, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Hell, I like this guy. He's got an edge, and a sweet name/av combination that reminds all us 90s kids of some good laughs that we got from current events.

Why would you ever take an imp zone post at face value

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
I'm looking forward to the witness but it could easily turn out to be really bad. So I guess my fear is that all the games I want to be good will turn out bad.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Judge Ito Boxing posted:

drat... I forgot I was in the twisted games irony forum, I really hosed up this time guys, I really hosed up bad and I messed up and I'm sorry guys, I'm so sorry.

Judge Ito Boxing
Oct 29, 2011

I got you so good like dàaaaaaaaàaaaaaaam

You sweatin yet

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

Judge Ito Boxing posted:

I got you so good like dàaaaaaaaàaaaaaaam

You sweatin yet

Very good. You should post a thread where you ironically like anime titties next, just some suggestions from a fan.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Oh Awesome, just Awesome. I love me some Telltale games and when you throw my favorite show into the mix? match made in Heaven. this is spectacular news.

you see telltale batman?

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

Judge Ito Boxing posted:

my posts are from the heart

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
the imp zone is about sincerely respecting and appreciating video games

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Next year will have amazing releases for the 3DS, Wii U and PS4 on the first 3 months alone. Topic locked.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

zelda for wii u

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Dragon Quest XI will be released next year in Japan, here's hoping the US/EU versions will also be released the same year. But I'm looking forward to the insanely epic Dragon Quest VIII on the insanely epic Nintendo 3DS in 2016.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

oh lmao thanks whoever bought this

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE
is a new 3ds worth buying yet

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I think 2016 will be a great year, barring some sort of monstrous attack by ISIS on American soil. Dark Souls 3, biznitches! Oh!

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Judge Ito Boxing posted:

why wouldnt anyone take an imp zone post at face value ?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bolverkur posted:

Dragon Quest XI will be released next year in Japan, here's hoping the US/EU versions will also be released the same year. But I'm looking forward to the insanely epic Dragon Quest VIII on the insanely epic Nintendo 3DS in 2016.

7 too .... ive never played 7 so im really excited for it

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Judge Ito Boxing posted:

Trolling is illegal here

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My 2016 Gaming Fear is that the few developers left that have escaped Microtransaction/Pointlessly Episodic Content AIDS will contract the terrible condition. Like if Dark Souls 3 released at launch with starting class DLC or something. Or if Xcom 2 only had 3 maps and you had to pay for more

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
it hasnt happened yet so dont worry about it ... its not like u can do anything about it anyway.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

My 2016 Gaming Fear is that the few developers left that have escaped Microtransaction/Pointlessly Episodic Content AIDS will contract the terrible condition. Like if Dark Souls 3 released at launch with starting class DLC or something. Or if Xcom 2 only had 3 maps and you had to pay for more

Considering from wanted to sell the bloodborne dlc in pieces and Miyazaki decided to sell it as one package I wouldn't be worried on that front

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

it hasnt happened yet so dont worry about it ... its not like u can do anything about it anyway.

This but for life in general

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

no they will not posted:

I'm looking forward to the witness but it could easily turn out to be really bad. So I guess my fear is that all the games I want to be good will turn out bad.

At one point 3 years ago I was very excited for this but after it's been in development so long and Blow came out and said that if you already know all the solutions to every puzzle, the game still takes 60 hours makes me never want to touch it in my life

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm sure he meant that to say it's more than just a puzzle game and it's full of content, but to me that sounds like the movement is so slow that just walking around will take 50 hours of gameplay.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

he could put all the puzzles in a menu and thats probably all id want

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

"i hired an architect to design all the buildings in the game" and im like the tommy lee jones gif

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
My 2016 gaming fear is IZ getting completely overrun with weak pessimistic sadbrains game-hating punks like every other online game community.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

2016 will be a good year for video games, just like 2015 was. have no fear

• Locked thread