Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
the normie curse......

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

ARe you in love with Skyward Sword Zelda, at least.

Skyward Sword is all about dat Impa.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Wormskull posted:

Skyward Sword is all about dat Impa.

That's my wife.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

whens dishonored 2

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Trabandiumium posted:

whens dishonored 2

First or second quarter of 2016.

I'm wondering if Torment: Tides of Numenera will be at least a good story game. Numenera the tabletop game is pretty lovely.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
2016 gonna be the year of deep down. already started on my cosplau

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

When ppl ask me why sp seripus i say its because im seriouy excited...for a new batman game from the storytwlling masters at tellyale

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

SunAndSpring posted:

Are they gonna release the next Legend of Zelda next year?

This. So much this.. So long as Ninty releases a Mario and Zelda ha,e every year they can continue shutting up and taking my money. Awesome.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

what if Yooka Laylee is bad...

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

I'm not afraid of anything OP

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Aston posted:

haha yeah... what if...

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Aston posted:

Alright I'm not even gonna TOUCH this one

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I just remembered, my 2016 gaming fear is Infinity Ward developing the next CoD.

The other infinity ward is doing new titanfall though, which I hope is good

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I'm afraid of them not learning what didn't work about old titanfall, is my fear

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
my gaming fear for 2016 is that there won't be many things to do with a VR goggle, I'll wait a few months to see but I can't wayt

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
video games were bad but now they're good, and they will be forever

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The Milkman posted:

video games were bad but now they're good, and they will be forever

I cant think of a time video games were bad except for the 1970s I suppose.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The PS3/360/Wii era was probably the weakest since NES.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I suppose your right.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In the last few years there was lots of good stuff but the majority of the decade was dominated by Gears of War clones, Uncharted style games, and Wii motion shovelware

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
The big problem with the last gen is that it went much too long. Almost a decade.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I looked through the Wii library the other day to see if there were any really cool games I missed for when I get a Wii U and it was like digging through a mass grave.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The big problem with the last gen is that it went much too long. Almost a decade.

It's kinda cool to look at what the 360 and PS3 have become and think that when they were developed and launched, there was no such thing as social media or streaming and see how much poo poo they had to bolt on over the years to accommodate online multiplayer and Netflix

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Yeah comparing the 360's launch titles to Halo Reach and Gears 3 is nuts.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

In Training posted:

The PS3/360/Wii era was probably the weakest since NES.

I think there weren't as many games that were truly bad though, just lots of mediocre stuff that you can't feel strongly about mixed in with the good games that were worth playing last gen.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

sometimes even the gears of war clones were good, like binary domain and vanquish

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The PS2 and OG Xbox much shovelware, some of which were way worse since production values were relatively cheap compared to 360/PS3.

Like Outlaw Golf was a series

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

It's kinda cool to look at what the 360 and PS3 have become and think that when they were developed and launched, there was no such thing as social media or streaming and see how much poo poo they had to bolt on over the years to accommodate online multiplayer and Netflix

my 360 takes like 3 minutes to boot

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

The PS2 and OG Xbox much shovelware, some of which were way worse since production values were relatively cheap compared to 360/PS3.

Like Outlaw Golf was a series

Outlaw Golf owns

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

I think there weren't as many games that were truly bad though, just lots of mediocre stuff that you can't feel strongly about mixed in with the good games that were worth playing last gen.
That's because that generation moved away from mid-budget titles. You mostly had either big AAA titles which would always be safe enough not to be terrible or indie games on Steam, with all the shovelware moving over to smartphones.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The Wii had a gargantuan amount of lovely games though. In 20 years the AVGN's son will have a field day with them.

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

I know this is about consoles, but I feel like last gen had a lot of epic handheld titles more than anything else.

I dont even remember what I played on my ps3 outside of call of duty 4 when I first got it. It ended up having a pretty awesome library of games but it took awhile to flesh out.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

Outlaw Golf owns

This is the most insane post I've seen in this forum

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

SM64Guy posted:

i played a lot of games this year but i only beat like four

i tend to play the same ones over and over .. but i played + beat a lot of new games this year anyway . since a lot of good ones came out

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

This is the most insane post I've seen in this forum

"This is designed to simulate frustration - the more shots you miss, the more frustrated you get, and the worse you play. In order to counteract this, you can beat or humiliate your caddy in some way, which raises your composure meter back up."

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The announcers were extremely win as well

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol I just found out that that was Steve Carrell (the outlaw golf 1 announcer)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

Lol I just found out that that was Steve Carrell (the outlaw golf 1 announcer)
When did it come out?

• Locked thread