Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Winter Stormer
Oct 17, 2012
Calling CVL Shoho. I've got a good feeling about this: she won't be the first IJN carrier sunk in this timeline!

Because Grey is going to get the Kido Butai sunk first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winter Stormer
Oct 17, 2012

Grey Hunter posted:

I'm not going to lie, this is bad. The air support I keep trying to arrange seems to want to stay at home, and we've paid for it.
:eyepop: Good job the Japanese army can walk on water!

Grey Hunter posted:

[timg]http://lpix.org/2309057/10.jpg[/img
By the by, this tag is unclosed, and it still says Stratigic Report instead of Strategic Report.

Winter Stormer
Oct 17, 2012

Veloxyll posted:

The Glorious Co-Prosperity sphere is on the wrong side of the date line generally, so it's gotta be Hawaii time

The only solution is to add the Hawaiian islands to our co-prosperity sphere so that we need not be ashamed of the name :japan:

Winter Stormer
Oct 17, 2012

Grey Hunter posted:

The Kido Butai starts hunting once more, and starts by obliterating a destroyer.

This is what we've been needing – some action!

Shooting fish in a barrel!

Does this game provide any way to figure out which carrier's pilots are landing the killing blows? I mean, obviously it's those 30 planes aboard invincible powerhouse Shoho, but just to confirm.

Winter Stormer
Oct 17, 2012

The Kiddo Butai :shobon:

Good to hear that Shoho is staying with the real carriers. That Taiyo is slow as hell.

Winter Stormer
Oct 17, 2012

Saint Celestine posted:

Yes. Level bombing is pretty much not going to hit poo poo unless you just saturate the area with bombers.
True even when bombing building-sized, totally immobile targets (AKA buildings). WWII strategic bombers were neither accurate nor precise.

Winter Stormer
Oct 17, 2012

gohuskies posted:

We've got a Battle of Coral Sea coming! Same kind of situation too with sending out a mini-KB.

Shoho is getting flashforwards already.

Winter Stormer
Oct 17, 2012

Grey Hunter posted:

Did three days of updates this morning.

Oh boy, this is going to be an interesting week.

(This time I mean it. You are allowed to get properly excited.)

Who wants to bet on which of our carriers got sunk?

Winter Stormer
Oct 17, 2012

Grey Hunter posted:

We're going to lose two ships ourselves.
GREY I THOUGHT WE AGREED THAT SHOHO WOULDN'T BE THE FIRST TO SINK IN THIS TIMELINE

Winter Stormer
Oct 17, 2012

Jobbo_Fett posted:

:rip: Winter Stormer

Well... poo poo! Not really a surprise, though.

I guess I'll take CA Nachi next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winter Stormer
Oct 17, 2012

Davin Valkri posted:

"Hacking my way through 600,000 Chinese troops will not only give me 2,800 points it will REMOVE 1,400 points from the Allied score – for a net change of 5,600. This is if the losses from the battle are even."

Wait, how does this point shift work? Those two values add to 4200, not 5600. And of course, that assumes you won't take massive losses somewhere else that'll drop your score.

He has to have double the Allied score to win, so causing them to lose points is a bit like adding twice their loss to his own score. Then 2800 + (1400 * 2) = 5600.