Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Cythereal posted:

. . . but I had already proven Kelly's unwritten Rule Fifteen about dealing with the Navy. Why ignore it twice?"

What is rule 15? And for that matter . . . 1-14?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Congrats Grey.

It's crazy to think about, but by the time this LP is over, your kid is going to be old enough to start reading.

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Cartoon posted:

Pro music gift tip! Small metal tube xylophones. Give them to the relatives kids just as they are leaving for a long car journey. They are easily the loudest, piercingest, most annoying thing out there and are decently cheap ~ :10bux:

~/~

Enemy carrier must be met with overwhelming force! Send out the Yamaoto and every destroyer too!

Was curious so had to check it out. You're not kidding, that's ear piercing.

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So if these events actually happened; would fleet losses of this magnitude swing public opinion enough that it would let the Japanese sue for peace?

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Mikl posted:

Which one do you see America (gently caress yea) going for?

My view of World War II is so colored by the way it's taught in the US and the fact we won that I can't really answer. There is a lot of America (gently caress yeah) in the way it's taught; but I can't help but think that some parts of America were just tired of War after the meat grinder that was the eastern campaign. Vietnam definitely shows there is an upper limit.

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer

gradenko_2000 posted:

We should get GH Jr. an account. Start 'em early.

If he's really smart, he'll be able to write his own name and draw simple scribbles before this LP is over. Hopefully we'll get an illustrated update.

Assuming we last as long as the Japanese did, of course.

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer
If the Yorktown II is out of commission, how realistic does the Chinese victory plan become?

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Pretty sure this is the wrong link, it's taking me directly to a login page. The "manage" in the url is suspect.

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer
If the 1080 release was any indication, between AI and crypto it's going to be months before you're going to get a card near MSRP, potentially longer if you don't want a reference blower.

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm trying to imagine what a Grey Hunter "Monster Hunter" LP would be like.

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So what's the "I have no idea how this game works but I want Grey to win" vote?

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I though the whole joke behind grognard games was people pretend they're this hyper-real simulation of a war but at their core they're just as arbitrary as any other strategy game, just clothed in history? Real-world Chunking would be a pile of rubble but there are a thousand other things that would need fixing if realism as our actual goal.

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer

This this was a Patreon link, I would have thrown you a buck a month. Just sayin'

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer

OpenlyEvilJello posted:

Don't get assigned to a minesweeper. Behind the front lines, they said. Not getting shot at, they said. Hah!

How lethal is accidentally setting off a mine? I learned from this thread they got blown up all the time, but wondering if this is something the crew could usually survive or if was just as lethal for them as the ship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer
You're an insane man for doing these herculean LPs and I love you for it. Thanks for taking us along for the ride.