Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
I'll take the IJN heavy cruiser CA Tone as my lucky ship!

"FRONT TOWARD ENEMY"

Mmmm...sleek - looking good bbe

WAIT WHAT NO HOW DID THIS GET HERE IGNORE THIS

Neophyte fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Dec 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender

Grey Hunter posted:

Also all my fighters in Singora we set to an altitude of 100 feet. I have fixed this.

"Fly me lower! I want hit them with my katana!"

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender

Nooo, the Tone! My beautiful, beautiful Tone!

Look at those scuff marks - dammit, GH, the resale value just tanked. You'll be hearing from my insurance company! :argh:

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender

SIGSEGV posted:

Put tigers on river barges and you have pocket pocket battleships. (Probably a thought Hitler had.)

"Behold! The Scharnhorstschitte!"

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
Unlike Montgomery, mailmen will actually deliver.

Neophyte fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Jan 14, 2016

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender

That first illustration looks familiar....

Oh yeah it's this guy.

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender

The final production version would remove all the interior guns, ammo, seats, etc., strap an armed 500lb bomb on the end of the unfinished 105mm barrel, and remove the bottom of the tank entirely.

The gas(lol what gas)-powered engine is replaced by 50 dudes crammed in there with their feet sticking out the bottom who would ram into Shermans by running the tank forwards Flintstone-style.

Wait, sorry, 51 guys - one guy carries bongos for the "wacky music while they run in place" start up.

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
Maybe if it makes it to the nearest port you could send in the Akashi...if, uh, it's* still alive.

* the Akashi and/or the Yamato

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
Stop shooting at my beautiful Tone you bastards!!! :argh:

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender

Grey Hunter posted:

Wait, they shot back?

aaaaAAAAAAAAHHH!!! Stay away from my beautiful baby Tone. :argh:

GH send her back to Japan and keep her someplace completely safe to wait out the rest of the war.

I hear Hiroshima is nice this time of year....

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
I don't know if it's Matrix or all grog games, but they have a real hard-on for never showing their internal formulas to the players. WitP has a decade+ of play, but only extensive sandbox theorycrafting and repetition by the players shows anything about how the game determimes who wins a battle.

There's a constant stream of questions over the years about "why didn't my planes fly" or "how much do HQs help" and any number of similar questions that could have been answered easily by developers just telling people the numbers the game that they bought and paid a shitload of money for & that oh btw keeps your ultra-niche nerd software company alive uses. But nope! Got too much to do making sure every pixelman fires his pixelbullets in exact order even though it's behind the UI wall so you'll never see it!

It's also a pretty good example of precision vs accuracy - every gun a unit historically had is listed, every weapon on a plane or ship is in the db, even individual pilots having to be assigned to individual planes. Buuuuut let's also have weird secret battle formulae to determine what those guns/weapons/pilots actually do and then stuff in a bizarre amorphous logistics scheme where bullets and beans and bandages and baviation fuel can be distilled from this generic supply beige lump that maaay be delivered to your troops, maaaybe not, no you can't tell some trucks to explicitly deliver supplies to somewhere what are you crazy? Now go and make sure Lt. Schmuckatelli is flying that T-26 trainer on lowNavB for three months so you can get his defense score past 51 but not four months or you'll miss the chance to switch him to the P-3729b+ when it comes online for two weeks only in Sept 43! Don't you know how to FIGHT?

TL;DR: Forget it Jake, it's Grognard-town.

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender

Grey Hunter posted:

We do bring down another Liberator though!

:ohdear: My ship! Stay away from my ship, you big bullies!

Fly closer, I want to hit you with my sword!

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
When's the second Pearl Harbor raid?

Pearl Harbor 2: Pearl Harder

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
Sink Britain!

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
You've sunk the fleet on earth, now sink the fleet in the stars - play Aurora 4X as the British Empire in spaaaace!

Per Victoria Ad Astra!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
:cabot: