Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's kind of boring after 40 minutes and it doesn't seem like much about it will change, but the hybrid of Roguelikes, Quake, and Minecraft is actually pretty awesome for those few minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's too drat hot for a Penguin to just be walking around.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Never heard of it OP.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

My biggest complaint is the enemies respawn.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Apart from the part where it's boring after a while, that is.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

/me Tosses the trout in the thread tag to the penguin in the OP.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

Thank you

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Little offtopic but thw trout g9t me thinking its pretty crazy to think that todays generation of gamers didnt grow up watching monty python and that k9nd of crap so any epic trout slapping or ministry of silly walking refs in an upcoming hypothetical triple a open world rpg ala fallout 4 would be totally lost on them

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i got it in a humble bundle and stopped playing it after 10 minutes op. its not very good

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

Pretty crazy to think that todays generation of gamers didnt grow up watching monty python and that k9nd of crap so any epic trout slapping or ministry of silly walking refs in an upcoming hypothetical triple a open world rpg ala fallout 4 would be totally lost on them

God drat... We have to keep the word alive about Monty Python... I wonder where that fish did go! You did love him so, you looked after him like a son.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

rediscover posted:

Never heard of it OP.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i liked it for about as much time as you mentioned. some cool ideas, but not enough to keep me coming back to it.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lovecraftian roguelike survival horror minecraft clone

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

trying to jack off posted:

lovecraftian roguelike survival horror minecraft clone

The penguin looks sort of like a shambler because of the size and texture quality, which I liked about it, and it has the Quake 1ish soundtrack.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Although instead of distorted distant screams and yells it has mostly short guitar plucks or whatever.

BoredDG
Aug 10, 2013

I actually bought this like a year ago cuz it was on sale. I beat one level and haven't picked it up again. But it seems okay.

BoredDG
Aug 10, 2013

Also the penguins are from a Lovecraft story where aliens turn penguins giant and then the aliens die.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

BoredDG posted:

Also the penguins are from a Lovecraft story where aliens turn penguins giant and then the aliens die.

lol

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I thought this game was poo poo, when I played it which I feel like was years ago.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I thought it was alright until they made most of the enemies invincible so you had to rely on the lovely stealth for the entire later half of the game.

Makes me laugh when i remember the front page article that said it was loving amazing and was blown away by the ability to crouch and throw rocks that you pick up.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I like Lovecraft stuff so I got it on sale dirt cheap. I also like roguelikes and Minecraft so I had fun playing. It's as you say OP, fun for about an hour. I got three orbs and did some crazy poo poo in the libary afterwards, which was intense, but a bit tedious. I seem to recall then dying and not bothering to do the whole thing over again. Just wasn't diverse enough.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I liked killing shopkeepers like in Spelunky. gently caress capitalism

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Wormskull posted:

My biggest complaint is the enemies respawn.

Gross

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Wormskull posted:

:3:

farsel
Aug 4, 2007

that's a nice looking 'guin

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I played it for like ten minutes and teleported into a Christmas zone or something and punched a penguin and then died. It was confusing and didn't seem very good but I keep meaning to play it again

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

It wasn't that good in my opinion

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
i liked the movement in tower of guns, its a p good game for an indie roguelite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Robot Randy posted: