Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
I was going to wait for the next update, but I'm thinking about doing this one anyway. Probably going to do something stupid, like levelling with bows, again. I think the rebalanced low level bows and Siege Balista might help not wanting to kill myself.

Kind of sad they hit Split Arrow again, back to LA/TS I guess if Blast Rain isn't amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Ekster posted:

Poison Arrow got buffed to 37% at level 1 so it might be good for leveling now coupled with the low level bow buff.
That's true, I did notice that and then forgot about it again. With both an aoe and single target fire and forget skill, it might be decent.

Ekster posted:

I personally don't understand why Tornado Shot got buffed by 10%. It's been amazing since day one, especially because it works so well for both single target and AoE.
I agree - completely unnecessary, likewise with the 10% for LA. I hope Blast Rain proves good and fun, but if not I know I have fall backs that are going to be even better than they are now.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

The Real Foogla posted:

when I said blasphemy would change the meta I wasn't thinking about stuff like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8OrZuyktUY

(I guess the Animated Guardian with the Dying Breath is the bottleneck here)

Just in case anyone missed it, this was fixed pretty quickly.

quote:

2.1.0c Hotfix
We deployed a hotfix with the following changes:

Temporal Chains quality now grants 0.5% increased Cast Speed per point of quality.
Enfeeble quality now grants 0.5% reduced enemy Critical Strike Multiplier per point of quality.
Curse on Hit quality now grants 0.5% Curse Duration per point of quality.
Blasphemy quality now grants 0.5% Curse Area of Effect Radius per point of quality.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
You're all glossing over the most important change:

quote:

You can now Ctrl-Click talismans into stone circles from your inventory and back again.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
Some of us have to sleep, ok?

Tier description should have been there from the start - but I can recognize the art at this point anyway so it no longer matters to me.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
Important questions being asked in here.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

The Real Foogla posted:

they also need to allow to rename characters imo

:yeah:

I was drunk when I named my talisman character

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
The levelling tree has not been updated and is literally impossible since there are disconnected notes a couple of places half the tree is dicsonnected.

Hamburger Test fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Dec 18, 2015

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

az posted:

Ah thank you I didn't catch that, I assume that means the regular version is up to date and good to go?

edit: I was told his build was the better choice over Liftingnerds but I know not nearly enough to judge that for myself.

He picks a 10% projectile speed, 6% projectile damage node over a 10% damage, and there's also a seemingly random 8% mana node. Both of those choices are minor, but seem bad on the surface. Other than that, the biggest difference is that he doesn't take Phase Acro which is a considerable investment, but also really nice.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
I would recommend holding off on crit nodes, since you can't be sure to have a good levelling bow with a good crit chance and it doesn't scale amazingly before you have a lot of it whereas the physical wheel to the east will give you a ton of damage no matter what.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Is there a way to change which IGN shows for my items on poe.trade? I went to the PoE site and made my Talisman character the one that displays in the top-left, but my account page and poe.trade items still showcase my old Darkshrine character.

Actually, what happens if someone tries to whisper my Darkshrine IGN when I'm playing Talisman? Do I see it anyway?

When poe.trade sees that you're logged in, it usually changes the character name to the one you're online with. And all whispers to any of your characters are sent to your account anyway, so it doesn't really matter. I imagine changing your default character on the PoE forums would change what it displays when you're offline though.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
First thing to do after you socket your first skill gem on a new character.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

The Real Foogla posted:

(for example to get all 4 Rigwald uniques you need to run at least 250+ tier 8+ maps and 125+ tier 13+ maps and get lucky with your unique drops)

You're not wrong that the 4 Rigwald uniques is one of the most time consuming, if you're not buying them. But it's not one you should do yourself unless you're going for 28.

You're way off on the numbers however.

Level 80 Rigwald is challenge of it's own, but you can get a large part of the talismans you'll need for that from tier 9+, since talismans drop quite often at +2 and with some basic math, or by using the "spreadsheet" which is just a formula that calculates a simple weighted average of the 5 ilvls you put in, you can use a large amount of ilvl 78 and 79 talismans and still end up with a lvl 80 Rigwald instance.

In the same vein, I got most of the talismans I have used to summon level 75 Rigwald 5 times so far from tier 6 maps.

And I certainly get more than 1 talisman per map.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
You left out one Hard/Motherfucker, the vendor recipes one.

http://www.web-layers.net/poe/

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
Call of the Brotherhood is one of the objectives for ID treasures. The rest I doubt it matters much. Rigwald's ring ought to be super common.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
Has there been any word of Voltaxic or general chaos damage nerfs?

I'm heavily considering going ele bow, with the option of getting a Voltaxic. Both pathfinder and deadeye should be really strong with that, and the free poison on hit seems to be made for it.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
I gave up trying to get the helmet skin a while ago and haven't really wanted to log in for a while. Since people keep insisting they want standard stuff I may as well offer to give out my poo poo now, since there's no chance I'll sort out my standard inventory after the league change.

So, in a couple of hours - I'll update in the thread when I'm on if there's no one in game that wants my poo poo - I will be giving away all my archer stuff in Talisman SC. There should be 20ex worth, maybe more.

E:
Funman really likes stuff, so I gave him all the stuff.

Hamburger Test fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Feb 29, 2016

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Freakazoid_ posted:

If they can't bother to give everyone one free public stash tab, they shouldn't have even tried to fix trading. What a waste of time.
Source your quotes.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Cinara posted:

This isn't a moba, but I think we have a decent shot at a runner up position.

The category included the words "best game".

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
It is very effective against many small hits.

There are just some things you are not meant to tank, though in some cases you still can. Block / dodge / evasion can save you from large hits, but is less effective (in comparison to armor) versus many hits.

Flesh Forge posted:

It's a pretty big flaw in the game that armor/evasion is practically irrelevant unless you go massively into them and continue to fall off sharply as you level, while block and similar percentage based mechanics are just plain useful and don't have to wear diapers.
It's not really different, every point of dodge/block is more effective than the last (until cap).

Hamburger Test fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Mar 2, 2016

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Rashomon posted:

Can we start talking about what everyone's first build is gonna be?

I'm super boring, and have heard or seen no notice of nerfs incoming so I'm going ele bows into voltaxic with pathfinder and the ranger flask nodes. It should be even better than last this league.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

dis astranagant posted:

Lightning Arrow hits 3 additional targets

I missed that one, but I might still reconsider SA / TS if I get either of:
3 additional Split Arrow Projectiles
2 secondary Tornado Shot Projectiles

Does anyone know if the effect "Flasks gain a Charge every 3 seconds" from Nature's Boon in Pathfinder will benefit from "% increased Flask Charges gained" such as in Primal Spirit and Druidic Rites or belt mods?

I'm assuming it should, but if it doesn't I might change my plans.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

papanugget posted:

I got a question maybe some of you guys can answer.

Why isn't Frenzy - GMP - Curse on Hit - AssMark a thing? Aside from losing a gem slot (not an issue for me) every Voltaxic LA build I've seen recommends Herald of Thunder - CoH - AssMark instead with Blood Rage to generate frenzies.

Pros
-can fire offscreen and generate frenzy charges / power charges
-don't have to rely on radius of HoT to curse
-don't have to rely running pack to pack for overkill on HoT to curse
-can be used in single boss fights with no adds to get charges

Cons
-lose a gem slot
-automated cursing is better
-???

Personally. I am too lazy for that, and I don't think most people do HoT normally - but HoI is good and easy.

You could copy Mathil though, which seems like the better option in my opinion:

quote:

For Mapping - Frenzy + Curse on hit + Assassin's Mark + Herald of Ice
For Atziri - Frenzy + Curse on hit + Assassin's Mark + Herald of Thunder

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
Yea, people with annoying voices deserve to die.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Phobophilia posted:

Voltaxic Lightning Arrow/Blast Rain has incredible clearspeed, and is well within your budget. I played a Ranger last league (after I correctly anticipated the strength of pure chaos damage). There are more options for starting class than ever: Duellist-Champion for tankiness, Shadow-Assassin for pure crit, and Ranger-Deadeye for area.

If clear speed is the only objective, Raider or Pathfinder are probably the fastest for this build.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
Welp, done with overwatch for now. Good thing there is a new league starting up. I should probably start as something that is not a bow user this time, so I am currently leaning 2H Champ/Slayer EQ/Cyclone at the moment.

Has anyone figured out if the new melee skill is good yet, or do we need to wait for someone to actually use it?

Also, what is (non-CoC) Spectral Throw like these days?

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
Looking at Lacerate, I don't see why people are almost only trying to make DW builds with it; so I tried to do something different.

Shield block raider

I'm pretty sure the tree I have now is dumb, but can it be fixed?

If not I'll probably just run the EQ build, and try to swap in the gem and see how it does.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
Posting Mathil's 2H slayer lacerate:
click

From his starter build video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sxPNmjJCX8

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
He converted a DW lacerate build. He still gets the reflect reduction, onslaught, aoe and attack speed. Plus his builds are about stacking damage, not defenses.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Vasudus posted:

My experiment into making a crit binos shield charger has hit a wall. The moment I started to swap out my +phys damage jewelry/items the damage fell through the floor, even though the tooltip in some cases went up. It could be that I simply don't have enough damage on the tree.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...W_8xf4d_rr_3g==

I have roughly 65% crit with shield charge, 468% multiplier. I'm seriously thinking my issue is that I don't have a strong base to scale up with those stats.

I was thinking about a Scaea (or whatever) shield charger. But the numbers on that aren't that much higher than Bino's, so this saddens me a bit.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Tykero posted:

The cool thing about Scaea is that you can make a good crit build on the southwest side of the tree that isn't Hegemony's.

I'm putting together a Juggernaut crit reaver, which I'm probably going to start leveling tonight.

I'll post in the thread if it's successful.

I had been looking at the dex classes, but Jugg is interesting. I assume you are getting Undeniable?

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
Juggernaught is so good it's dumb. I got tired of dying on the more damage based ascendancies, and I don't like EQ, so I made a dumb juggabow build and it's actually not terrible.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/fatmanuel/characters

TabHaver. I just run medium tier maps because I'm lazy and watch Netflix; but feel free to tell me all about how terrible my build is.

Seriously though, if you do take the time to look at it and have suggestions to improve it that would be cool too.

Never mind Aspect of the Lynx and Weapon Artistry, I grabbed those when I thought I was going to Aspect of the Eagle but I changed my mind.

Hamburger Test fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jun 27, 2016

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

MerrMan posted:

Your profile is private. You've got to uncheck a box in your profile on the main poe website.

It wasn't private, but apparently the character tab was hidden.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
http://poe.trade/search/hosasituromiko

Potentially multiple ex? Good luck finding a buyer.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
And the base conversion of the active skill as well, e.g. Lightning Arrow.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
One thing some do is not aug if they get a single mod T1 phys, and just regal it hoping for another so they can multi mod one more suffix.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Hamburger Test posted:

One thing some do is not aug if they get a single mod T1 phys, and just regal it hoping for another so they can multi mod one more suffix.

Almost definitely how at least one these was made, and then hitting the jackpot with an exalt afterwards.

Hamburger Test fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Jun 28, 2016

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Xequecal posted:

This item doesn't require lucky rolling with exalts. He alt spammed to get phys% prefix and then regaled the hybrid prefix. Then, 2 exalts for multicraft mod and then crafted the other affixes.

The second one has T1 %phys, T3 flat phys and T6 hybrid %phys/acc.

As far as I know the only other way to get a 3 prefix no suffix item is to use Haku's crafting mod and scouring off the suffixes.

Hamburger Test fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Jun 28, 2016

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
Did I miss a purge?

Could I get a reinvite for TabVendor?

Got it.

Hamburger Test fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Jul 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
Accuracy Jugg was what I was thinking. I'm way too lazy to run the numbers, but just grabbing a bit of inc crit strikes and not having to worry about maxing chance / multi seems cool.

• Locked thread