Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I would just swap out the curses for auras on curse immune maps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

So is Mjolner not that good anymore? I've gotten pretty lucky with drops in Talisman so I was considering looking into one of the cool looking "poo poo everywhere" builds and Mjolner is a lot cheaper than I thought it would be.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Exiles everywhere is the best race. I think I got about 6 or 7 uniques in the hour I played including a Tabula Rasa.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Yeah I spent half the race time slowly going through Mud Flats because I am bad.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I don't know how much ES you have, but MoM felt real lovely until I had 2k+ ES.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

dis astranagant posted:

About 1050. The guide I'm looking at has 1500 but I have no real idea how. My life is also kinda low but I have 20% coming from the next 3 levels.

You just have to suck it up and drop some currency on gear with high ES. I see you are using Lightning Coil so you are really going to have to push ES with your shield/helm/gloves.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

They do damage and chill you. The damage isn't too much early on but in A3 it starts to do a lot of damage. I have 75% cold resist and standing in it does a decent amount of damage, whereas in A1 and A2 the damage was negligible.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

In case anyone is still doing the 24 hour race, there is a guaranteed Strange Barrel in Dried Lake. If you are using Fire Spells you can farm a Consuming Dark.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I got the Malachai kill so I am pretty happy. All of A4 was really tense though because the clouds just do so much damage. I killed Malachai at level 44 with 3k life and capped resists, but a cloud would still kill me if I stood in it for more than a few seconds.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Yeah my closest calls were A4 Piety, a few times in the Harvest, and one time in the loving Mines because a friend of mine in voice chat asked me a question and when I went to put my headset on a cloud spawned on me. I went dual Flame Totem + Searing Bond BM Marauder and just got nothing but life nodes.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

This race was a pretty big deal so I am not worried about GGG making things right, it might just take a few days to get it sorted out.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I'm doing an EQ Juggernaut and it owns. I run with 10 endurance charges, no cwdt, no movement skill and I just don't give a gently caress about anything ever. My character is Jeb_Is_A_Mess https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Kumbo/characters

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Count Uvula posted:

??? Are you using Kaom's Sign or something?

I run two of them.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Phobophilia posted:

Private tab yo

Should be fixed now.

Mercrom posted:

This looks pretty dumb.

The real problem is elemental reflect. Physical reflect is really easy to deal with if you have armor and endurance charges.

When I crit with EQ the aftershock deals about 45k physical damage and 30k fire damage. I'm wearing Abyssus yet that fire damage does more to me when reflected.

I'm playing non-crit and I don't do any elemental damage, so I don't have to worry about that. I don't think there are any mods that I can't run, but unless a map has been vaal'd or is otherwise really good I will usually re-roll curse immune maps just because not having my curses is annoying.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

My force-move command is bound to "W" so I assume you can bind it to other stuff.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I finally hit 11 endurance charges. Endurance charges are great.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

PSA if you are buying a Seven-League step to level an alt, make sure it doesn't have an enchant on it!

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I recorded a video of me doing normal Atziri on my EQ Juggernaut. I kill her without any deaths while standing in all the poo poo. I laugh at all you puny Champion EQ players.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6quG95XlUo

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

This game is hard guys

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

whypick1 posted:

Every part of that picture makes me want to hurt you...and is that the Devoto's with reduced Earthquake duration or was that another goon?

No its just a random devoto I bought, and the character in that picture is just an alt ranger.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I've never had a non-tabula 6l before this league, but in Perandus I have been able to buy a 6L Marohi, 6L Shavs, and I got that Astral for about 3 ex - got the base from a Dapper Prodigy turn-in, spent about 4 chaos rerolling the stats on it, exalted it at 4 affixes + master craft to get another armour roll, and about 50 chromes to get the colors right.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Awesome! posted:

you're jeb right? dont you have an amount of currency invested in that character that rivals actual jebs wasted campaign contributions?

I have spent about 10 ex on him, which is less that I spent on a 6L shavs for an alt. This league has been great for getting nice gear. I am considering saving up to try out a 6L Atziri's Disfavour instead of Marohi, looks like I could buy one for 12ex.

soscannonballs fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Apr 11, 2016

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

So Mezwarp in the guild (don't know forums name sorry) let me borrow his 6L Atziri's Disfavour to test on my EQ Juggernaut to see how it compares to Marohi. It does way more damage, so I guess I know what I am saving my currency for.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Well after using your axe I have decided to sell that 6L astral I got and save up to buy an axe of my own. I did a lab run and itzaro literally dies in like 5 seconds.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Bob NewSCART posted:

Will standard get any of the sweetness from this league? poo poo sounds cool as hell but I feel like I'm way too late to get something off the ground

Theres still like 2 months left in this league, just make a guy on Perandus. The perandus chests give a lot of exp while leveling and gear is cheap as hell.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

StashAugustine posted:

I kind of feel like I've hit a plateau with my character, not in their build but in how I'm using him. I've gotten to level 86 on an ice trapper, have pretty decent gear, build is going ok. But I've hit a wall on t11 maps and feel like I'm spending way more currency than I'm making. I've been chiseling/alching t10 maps, using chaos on anything without packsize or with lovely quantity, but still feel like I'm getting nowhere.

The problem is you are trying to do high map tiers too soon. I made the same mistake and ran all the t10+ maps I had around level 92 because I got excited that I was crushing everything. My map pool wasn't big enough to sustain even though I was chiseling + alching + vaaling every map, and as a result I have spent 93-95 in t9/t10 maps to build my pool back up. If you are actually trying to level, you shouldn't run anymore red maps until 95. If you don't care though and just want to mess around, you can run whatever is fun. My plan for future leagues is to get to t7-9 maps asap and run them alched until 93, then spend 94 and 95 running all my t10/11 maps to make sure I have a larger base of red maps to run, because having to go back down to t8/9 when you are 95 sucks.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Spam vaals on decent belts to get another +1 for either 11 charges or 10 and a ring that doesnt cripple your resists.

I'm the guy running 11 endurance charges and I am resist capped for elemental weakness in red maps. I have temporarily switched one ring out though for Doedre's ring to get my dual curse until I can get a good +1 curse amulet, which allows me to use boots with more movespeed to clear maps faster.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Phobophilia posted:

For people who stack endurance charges and don't eat them with immortal calls, how viable is undercapping below 135%, and instead relying on the 4%/charge to cap your resists? Or is it asking for trouble the moment a nullifier shows up?

If it's a stupid idea, I guess it's still okay to use stacked endurance charges to counteract elemental weakness curses.

I am capped on resists without charges, but the charges bring me to cap on ele weakness red maps. As for T15 stuff, since I am trying to go to 100 I am not doing any t15 maps right now, currently doing 12s to build up a pool of 13s. I did Vinktar's Square for the first time ever last night and went in without knowing anything about the fights except to bring a Topaz Flask. I killed the boss with 1 death, right at the beginning of the fight when my charges weren't up and he did his big explosion thing. Now that I know to have charges up going into his room, I should be able to consistently run that map deathless for exp.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Abaxoth is great, I got him to spawn a few days ago in a t11 map and it was a really intense fight.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

So after some help from dudes in the guild (Mez/Funman?PBK) I've spent the past week almost completely re-gearing my Poisonquake juggernaut. A week or two ago I posted a video of me running Atziri. Here is a the new Jeb! killing the Atziri bosses:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XobZf0K2VTs

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

So I guess instead of a race season for this league they are doing a 2 week race with a bunch of different prize drawings: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1655464. Guess I need to hit 100 by then. My plan is to make another EQ guy since I feel like I can really do well with the build considering how much I have played it, but I am wondering if I should stick with Juggernaut or go Champion for the race. Personally, I think Juggernaut is the better class, but in a 2 week race I don't know how likely it will be that I get a good 5L to run Poisonquake since if I go Juggernaut I wouldn't have room for a poison gem with only 4 links due to using Fortify gem. Of course, there are probably a lot more people who are going to play Champion than Juggernaut, so maybe my chances of getting cool stuff would still be better with Juggs. Anyone else planning on participating, and if so what are you planning on running? Also, I am going to try Hardcore for this, but if I die (more like when) I will probably reroll in the standard competition because I feel like I can probably get to 80 fairly quickly which is the highest level you need to hit to be eligible for all the prize drawings.

soscannonballs fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Apr 29, 2016

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I think I will go Juggernaut actually, I just remembered I can use Snakebite to give myself poison since I run Blood Rage anyway.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I decided to make a thread for my Poisonquake build on the poe forums if anyone wants to take a look. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1655864

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Physical reflect is no problem at lower gear levels, just swap out your Inc Aoe/Conc effect gem for Physical to Lightning, and if necessary swap out Melee Physical for Added Fire Damage.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Looking forward to 2 Week Flashback league!

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Tooltip dps on EQ only shows for the initial hit. If you can clear Merciless Dried Lake without problems you should be fine for entry-level maps.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Grizlor posted:

Getting a good item filter helps a lot with ignoring loot, because it at least gives you slightly different background colors to help identify good or bad bases. That way you aren't picking up poo poo like destroyer regalias and copper plates in high maps.

Yep I edited Neversink's filter to only show the top 2 bases for most items and now I spend way more time killing and getting exp/currency drops than I did before. For reference, my highest level guy ever before Perandus was 89, and I got to 86 in about 3 days in the hardcore 2 week race before I died. I also hide scrolls/transmutes/augs/whetstones/armour scraps once I start mapping.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Wow I am seriously considering just remaking Jeb and doing Poisonquake again, I am super excited for the new league.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

With the extra 2 points I will take the double chest armour/stun immune node, unless the Fortify node gets a large buff. Due to the high number of endurance charges, fortify, and AA, physical damage isn't really a problem even in high level maps, but the Stun Immunity will free up one passive point and the extra armour will help against Labyrinth traps when you don't have endurance charges up. I wouldn't really consider any chest armour other than Kaom's, since you get so much life from the passive tree and you don't need the sockets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Grizlor posted:

and more importantly, it lets you use a stibnite flask which is completely ridiculous. My marohi quaker last league ran one just to tank poo poo like argus and izaro because you can roll them to only use 7 flask charges and it makes things only hit you like 40% of the time even with barely any base evasion. If you take unwavering stance you can't evade attacks so the flask does zilch :saddowns:

I'm either gonna be a tricurse CI occultist that somehow makes Darkscorn work with lioneye's fall/wand and staff nodes, or axe onslaught lightning strike raider :black101:

Argus and Izaro literally don't do any damage to my guy so that's not really an issue.

• Locked thread