Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Pharnakes posted:

I just realised I've got almost 50 talismans but haven't found a stone circle yet, or at least didn't recognise it if I did. What do they look like?

you should find them on the minimap, every 5 instances or so you should find one

one of the new talisman unique bosses creates x-bearer effects at will, super annoying to fight as melee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Ekster posted:

From what I've heard and seen every single new skill gem is actually good. GGG usually releases new skill gems in some lackluster nerfed version because they are afraid it's going to break the game but I'm glad they didn't do that apparently this time.

Yeah Bladefall for example is pretty hefty with crit. Easy to kill yourself now on reflect mobs.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
when I said blasphemy would change the meta I wasn't thinking about stuff like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8OrZuyktUY

(I guess the Animated Guardian with the Dying Breath is the bottleneck here)

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
F

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Flesh Forge posted:

I happened to log on for a little bit while my ISP was not being lovely last night and caught Xavori talking about corrupting an armorer's box, and just then I found a +7 items/+2 sockets box myself so I tried the same thing. Out popped a 6-link BBBGGG evasion body with nice mods. While I'm pretty sure I could sell it for ~3 exalts I've never actually played with a 6-link item before so I'll be keeping that. 10/10 would vaal again :iamafag:

grats! 6L are always nice, literally any skill becomes viable and playing is a breeze

although those are some weird colors

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
so uh how do I get my snow cat back in the box? it runs around the hidout, but not in levels or town

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
getting kinda poe's law up in here

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
they also need to allow to rename characters imo

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

amazeballs posted:

Now I just need like 10 exalts...

might as well be a thread title heh

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

ronya posted:

is your Cybil's a paw+shield build, or a paw+paw build?

paw and shield for sure, there isn't that much block for two weapons in the intelligence area

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

RosaParksOfDip posted:

CwDT, Immortal Call, Increased duration and ??? Is usually pretty popular from what I've seen.

Enfeeble? Unless you need a curse to generate charges and mana.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Xequecal posted:

I found a "Tabula Rasa" robe. It has the unique tag, but there's no stats on it. Is it like a crafting component or something?

it's a normal unique, perfect for levelling (the uniqueness comes from the sockets and links, it is always 6 white, 6 linked)

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Korwin posted:

So started this game a short time ago.
Went pretty well, with an summoner witch. But she might have spoiled me...

How do I survive with with other classes? Just some tips for the first 10 Levels?
Tried Marauder, but I get surrounded and die....

all other "classes" have to use flasks and running away to survive the first levels, you just kinda learn to rest your fingers on the 1-5...

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

az posted:

What's wrong with it? And what would be a better single target for a non voltaxic LA/TS ranger, blast rain?

I have a Split Arrow crit build that uses a Trap with Puncture-Physical Projectile Damage-Point Blank. You throw three of these at a boss (one of which should crit) and he just melts. Bonus points for going around reflect and letting you run away after the initiation.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

vOv posted:

Solaris was mazier too, to the point where I think I cleared it without backtracking maybe 2-3% of the time. Clarissa was in Slums, so occasionally you'd run into Crematorium first; she actually has dialogue for if you 'kill' Piety before talking to her.

that makes the "get all dialogue" achievement a total hassle btw, I don't even know how you can stumble on this nowadays since she literally is in the way to Sarn

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

kaaj posted:

Is there any helper which can be used to show which dialogue options are missing? Without that this really seems like a chore.

nope, and I gave up when I saw that

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Regarding MoM chat: when you do a spell casting build with Clear Mind (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Clear_Mind) you will have tons of excess mana for running a raw MoM.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

TheRat posted:

Is there a spell-based build out there that uses mana but doesnt reserve any? I've always viewed clear mind as a blood magic jewel.

yeah a few days ago some guy on reddit posted his poison fireball build with clear mind and MoM, he cleared uber with it

tho he did have some pretty expensive gear imo

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Oro's is such a cool weapon, warning not seizure safe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b0EA33jE9Y

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Bladefall by itself is also pretty potent, lots of multipliers. Stacking Added Fire, Hatred and Herald of Ash as a spellcaster feels weird but works.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

The Wu-Tang Secret posted:

Has anybody else been having horrible lag issues all weekend? I can play maybe one or two areas without major issues, but then I start running into issues where everything freezes except some particle effects and environmental animations for 30 seconds or more, then plays everything out at double speed (generally without any of my inputs, so if an enemy comes on screen, I just loving die). So the game is literally unplayable. Anybody know what could be causing this? I'm not noticing connection problems with anything else on my computer, so I have no idea what's causing it.

were you running maps where monsters get charges? because that's what happened to me yesterday, everything was smooth until I ran a random zana where everything got all charges and stuff completely went laggy

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Xequecal posted:

It's a Molten Strike build like before with Iron Grip and Point Blank, but this time I planned to use mace + shield instead of dual wielding, and maxed out on defensive passives.

this seems like a nice bosskiller, but how fast are you clearing packs (molten strike has a tiny aoe)? also the vast amount of time you wont have one or the other side of your branch, I personally only plan out to level 70 to see if a build is mapworthy

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Locke Dunnegan posted:

I take it the comparisons to D2 were on purpose?

they always are, D2 (and D1) are the blueprint for POE

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

GarudaPrime posted:

Im approaching act three merciless and am about 64. I have no experience in the endgame.

Is it realistic for me to complete the challenges to get the gear in this league at this point if I only play a few hours every other night during the week and maybe 8-10 hours on the weekend?

My first character is following a triple totem, magic find oriented build that according to the guide i'm following should be able to do up to t8 maps before having to transition into a full on group magic find culler.

I just have no context for this stuff as I said its my first dude to get to the endgame.

14 challenges (helm and gloves) is realistic if you make it to maps, 21 (body) is very hard (only the top 8% have completed them), 28 (head) is for pros only and 32 (biggest triumph column) for groups of pros.

the difficulty spike from 14 to 21 is so steep I stopped caring (for example to get all 4 Rigwald uniques you need to run at least 250+ tier 8+ maps and 125+ tier 13+ maps and get lucky with your unique drops)

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
yeah lemme just vendor this Soultaker :smithicide:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

TipsyMcStagger posted:

I almost learned this lesson the hard way, lucky for me I had a "removes burning" flask on because I was loving MASHING my flasks. This was on normal with 1600 HP and full fire resist too. I'm going to avoid that guy like hte plague in cruel/merciless.

Beat malachai on normal tonight, I play hardcore only and I haven't played this since probably a year ago. I have to say that Malachai's tiny arena is going to be troublesome on cruel and downright retarded on merciless. I can see my future RIP location.

Malachai merciless might be the most pointless fight: it's hard as gently caress and you get literally nothing (but his mediocre drops)

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

TipsyMcStagger posted:

so i noticed they nerfed arctic armor, what's the new hotness in survivability?

Lightning Coil and Taste of Hate

oh also max block+acro is possible for firepoison trap builds

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

ronya posted:

is swapping challenge league loot for someone else's standard league loot TOTALLY BANNED NO RMT NO RMT NO RMT, or is it just not supported or moderated

yeah some people might it's unfair, but it is simply unregulated so don't get scammed

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Kea posted:

In other news im still using the same bow i got at level 32 normal, im now level 51 and in act 3 cruel.

seems like a good bow

did you do the rare rustic sash recipe?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Ranzear posted:

Oro's Sacrifice, Infinite Flicker Strike actually. I'm not gonna be in the middle, I'm going to be everywhere. Leap in, flicker a bit, leap out. Frenzy charges will make whirling blades faster though, hmm...

Blasphemy+Warlord's is gonna save me a lot of shouting too, I figure.

is blasphemy fast enough for flicker? maybe I lag too much, but I always feel like there is a delay to making the curse "stick"

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
new race season starting in 8 days: https://www.pathofexile.com/seasons/index/season/Winterheart

I think this is the first race season everyone should do: 100 points gets you a Whispering Ice, one of the few items that literally makes its own build.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
warlords mark as the only leech, depending on a cwdt setup

I really dislike that, but then again poisonfire can do anything

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Magus42 posted:

Is there a list of what earns you RP in the new league? (Or an old one to reference?) I've never really understood the race rewards.

every race gets its own thred here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-forum/leagues-and-race-events

if look inside one race you see stuff depending on what kind of race it is like:

The overall top player by experience will receive 3 Reward Points.

The top 20 players of each class by experience will receive:

#1 player of each class: Demigod's Beacon (Unique Golden Flame) and 10 Reward Points.
#2 player of each class: 6 Reward Points.
#3 player of each class: 5 Reward Points.
#4 player of each class: 4 Reward Points.
#5 player of each class: 3 Reward Points.
#6-10 player of each class: 2 Reward Points.
#11-20 player of each class: 1 Reward Point.

Prizes for reaching specific levels:

Level 24: 10 Reward Points.
Level 20-23: 8 Reward Points.
Level 16-19: 7 Reward Points.
Level 12-15: 6 Reward Points.
Level 9-11: 4 Reward Points.
Level 6-8: 2 Reward Points.
Level 4-5: 1 Reward Point.

Random Prizes:
Reward points earned in this race grant tickets in a random draw for the following items:

Alternate Art The Princess Unique Item (15 available to be won)
Alternate Art Eclipse Staff Item (25 available to be won)
Alternate Art Crest of Perandus Unique Item (30 available to be won)
Alternate Art Lavianga's Spirit Unique Item (10 available to be won)

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

TipsyMcStagger posted:

So i picked up an Item level 51 two stone ring, used an alch orb on it

just wanted to say this is :shobon: as gently caress

never throw that ring away, it's probably bis for leveling literally anything

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

RosaParksOfDip posted:

That was someone in this thread. A couple pages back.

it was also a build of the week (which kinda worked in low level maps)

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Ranzear posted:

I'm just a scrublet who has never seen an Exalted Orb.

But one level can make all the difference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLAC0p4xVmc

this owns :allears:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

victrix posted:

So I haven't played in months, or seen Act 4. They reset all skill points and gently caress if I can remember how to play my dude or use a build now.

I have a Duelist in the 40s, a moderate selection of gems, and a small bit of currency for trades.

What's a build that has a) nice mobility for zipping around and b) snazzy graphics for slaying everything on screen? I'd like to skip basic 'swing fast!' attacks if I can, that's what I was doing with sword & shield before iirc.

cyclone with at least one movement speed cluster (go towards Ranger), it's reliable and you can use rustic stash recipe weapons until maps

but, and I think this might be jaded, level 40 isnt really a "build", you gotta reach 60 at least

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Infinite Monkeys posted:

What's a good low life MF build? Just got a shavs, I was thinking maybe arc or something but I'm not sure.

EK or Bladefall using unique flasks like Ghudda

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
mise well join the guild, mine is defunct or more like d3funct

please invite RunningWithTalismans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

StashAugustine posted:

Quick check: I'm level 65 as a tornado shot ranger, I have 2.5k health, estimated 35% evasion, the whole acrobatics cluster, 2.5% regen, capped resists except Fire, three magic level 60 flasks, and Arctic Armor. Does that sound about right, except for the resists? I got killed a fair amount through late act 3 merciless.

I personally skip the last 4 nodes to phase acrobatics, you should be zipping around with +50 movespeed or so to avoid any spells and tank the rest with capped resists

those 4 nodes could be more health to make that even easier

• Locked thread