Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Whatever happened with shrapnel shot is weird, tooltip says it pierces 5, but it doesn't work. Probably a bug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Some of the new supports look potentially broken or must have, Ruthless blow on SRS stunlocking everything they swarm, arcane surge on a movement skill for 40% more damage all the time.

And righteous fire got some hefty nerfs which probably had it coming with how many new things just synergize greatly with it.

Holy poo poo I gotta try this. Just need to grab a studded belt for threshold reduction.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
What links on the chest? Spectral throw-GMP-WED, but what else? Crit chance and Immolate? Added Lightning?

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
JFC piscator's are insanely expensive this early in a league. And they're always like 1c at the end of a league. I knew I shouldn't have chosen immolate KB elewander as my first beta character.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Beta's been up for less than a week, that sorta counts like a league, right?

Many common or non-meta build-defining uniques cost an abnormal amount whenever a league starts, I suppose that's normal.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
In that case, maybe I should respec out of wands, grab a lioneye's and start spamming that around. The good news is I basically don't need to change my tree. And because Lioneye's has such a high attack speed, you can essentially scale it like an elebow.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Lighting blade flurry, I that's an interesting mechanic.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Thing I have discovered recently: Lioneye's Glare is actually a really good elemental bow. My intuition was that it's comparable to a good thicket, and PoB testing showed that it's actually comparable to a ridiculously well rolled thicket. And then it has a ton of nice interactions. The mana roll on lioneye's helps offset the fact you reserve so much of your mana, increases mana leech rate, and it helps that bow skills aren't that mana hungry. And the new Far shot affix works nicely with the best elemental conversion bow skills: you can lightning arrow offscreen, and blast rain works really nicely at long ranges.

I've been doing some interesting hybrid scaling using the new immolate support gem. After all, most nodes that an archer takes "projectile", and I supplement that with elemental attack and crit scaling. Any physical scaling nodes scale the bow itself, not any flat added damage from gems or gear, but it's not a total waste like what happens with a typical elemental bow build.

As for how I ignite my enemies to proc the insane damage boost from immolate? For packs, Herald of Ash ignites everything, and again it helps with hybrid scaling off my base physical damage. For single target, I have an increased crit chance on my blast rain, which helps ignite. It feels really nice, everything is coming together in an elegant manner.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Martyr's Crown is also a good alternative hat to get a ton of ES.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Blast rain is pretty nice for that kind of delayed attack, fire a volley of 4 shots into the air, reposition, and they come crashing down a second later.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Having levelled this way in beta, I'd recommend going elemental bows. It's much easier to scale, just get lots of INT, and level up your gems. So TShot-LMP-WED-Added Cold/Lightning, and running elemental damage auras, and using the fastest bow highest DPS bow you can find.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
From what I recall, you only really start sustaining your mana leech off those uniques once you hit act 4 or so, and then can last you until maps.

Also, Tempests are great. Just stack a ton of lightning damage and lightning penetration, punch right through those defences, don't need to worry about crit. I've seen people melt 3.0 bosses, it seems quite a bit better than my funky lioneye's immolate bow.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
It might even be wand-usable, judging by the absence of a Melee tag.

It's going to be weird to build around, especially if you want to scale both the attack and spell components. Let's see, wear Doryani's fist and a shield with a high ele damage roll, CD-CWC-Ball Lightning-Elefocus-lightning penetration-added lightning, with wrath aura?

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
How was your ele spectral throw raider against bosses? Because against 3.0 bosses, they often took ages to burn down even when nailing the hell out of them with barrage. It's alot better now that I've gotten Wise Oak and 75/75/75 resists, but even then it's sometimes a struggle (especially a tanky boss like Quay).

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
With the new levelling system being introduced in 3.0, you can easily level to endgame in a day if you plan your character out well.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Vanguard Warden posted:

Wow, you guys were right. Poison Tornado Shot Assassin looks like it deals broken amounts of damage with just an Infractem bow. I'm looking at 1.5 million DPS in path of building. Unless I'm mistaken, the beta changes to DoTs means they don't get reduced by GMP, so you can scale damage like crazy with additional projectiles that can hit the same target, like they do with Barrage or Tornado Shot.

How does it look in 3.0 path of building?

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Neat, I might try something like that. Because if there's something you really need for 3.0, it's single target damage.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I spent the recent beta wave building towards an elemental wander by levelling as an elemental archer, then realizing I disliked the playstyle and the rarity of its build-defining unique, switched back to elemental archer, constantly fine-tuning aspects of the build as I went along. And in the end, I think I came up with something unique and moderately powerful. As long as you don't make a drastic change to the paradigm your character is built around, you have a reasonable degree of freedom to move.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
You know, I've been thinking around Monkey's SR-CwC-Firestorm berserker, and Mathil's SR Ascendant-Trickster-Inquisitor, and I've been thinking, is there any way of building something that takes inspiration from both and filling in the other's weaknesses? Monkey's build has mediocre clearspeed and excellent single target, while Mathil has the opposite, so theoretically you could have a staff for clear and a weapon swap for a staff that boss/rare kills.

Or are their mechanics too different? Monkey builds for hits and leech tanks with a huge lifepool, while Mathil builds for DoTs and regen tanks.

Alternatively, you could simply keep a Pledge as a weapon swap. Though what's a good spell that has good fire/duration scaling?

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Anyone on Beta able to sell me a pair of divine orbs, and/or craft blood magic on something with vagan?

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Or maybe kitava's thirst

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
drat, I'm torn between Ele Tempest Raider, ED Trickster, Block Gladiator, and Slayer. I don't feel like rolling a crit character though.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Having played with Immolate (another added elemental), it's probably weaker than the new innervate and ice bite. It's more reliable to give yourself the buff rather than having to apply the effect on the mob before the buff can be applied.

Though it would be really nice to have actual hard numbers though.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Terminus flicker might go better with Scion-Assassin, which has not been nerfed, and has gained a huge amount of relative power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

funmanguy posted:

Everyone working on their own secret doryani fist build? or just me?

doryani's fist charged dash-cwc-ball lightning baby

• Locked thread